LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Is it safe to call Reggie Bush a bust?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by AC49er:

^ this

and probably depressed over kim kardashabigbutt

Naw homie that ass ain't nothing to be depressed about for a brother. He's probably so busy chasing off all the other rich brothers trying to hit. Big butt white girls is like the black man kryptonite.
Originally posted by Archie:
He is not a bust just not as good people expected. He's doing what I expected,i.e. a nice 3rd down back that can run back punts. The Saints overpaid for Bush, plain and simple but he's productive.

you think he was worth the second overall pick?
No I don't think he was worth the second overall pick and I said so to family members but I don't think he's a bust because some guys that have been picked that high ended up not even playing in the league. Bush has been productive, just not as productive as expected and it was easy for me to see that because you don't see guys reversing their entire direction and scoring in the NFL and that's what Bush did in college and he was not an everydown back in college so it was an easy pick for me to say Bush was going to be a 3rd down back in the NFL.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Archie:
He is not a bust just not as good people expected. He's doing what I expected,i.e. a nice 3rd down back that can run back punts. The Saints overpaid for Bush, plain and simple but he's productive.

you think he was worth the second overall pick?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
yes
Generally speaking, Busthood is reserved for virtual non contributors.

Is Bush a non contributor? No.

Anyone who calls Reggie a bust is clearly a hater....which is fine, there is nothing wrong with wanting everyone to know that you knew he wasn't worth the hype but come on, there are far too many guys drafted in the first round or even top 5 who contribute(d) absolutely nothing to their team....no way Bush gets lumped in with those folks.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:

Anyone who calls Reggie a bust is clearly a hater....which is fine, there is nothing wrong with wanting everyone to know that you knew he wasn't worth the hype but come on, there are far too many guys drafted in the first round or even top 5 who contribute(d) absolutely nothing to their team....no way Bush gets lumped in with those folks.

the top of that draft was pretty lame anyways... Mario was probably the only one in the top 10 worthy of their draft selection.

I just consider bust of whether that guy was worthy of the selection for what he has contributed, that's just how i see it

a "complete bust" for me is a bust to you, guess i just have 2 different definitions of bust
  • buck
  • Veteran
Maybe, Buah can be considered a bust, but I do not find Bush all that important.

What I do think is significant absolute labsuridity of those forum members who considered Bush so good that they wanted us to lose games to win the so-called Bush Bowl.

Goes to show ya.

I just consider bust of whether that guy was worthy of the selection for what he has contributed, that's just how i see it

a "complete bust" for me is a bust to you, guess i just have 2 different definitions of bust

I guess I just need to express how much different the 2 situations are. Complete Busts actually hold your team back for years, where as the busts as you put it merely present a bump in the road. To me the difference between effects are so great they deserve their own label altogether.

Vernon Davis kind of makes me a little mad
Manny Lawson kind of makes me a little mad
Alex Smith makes me want to jump off a cliff.

To me you have to take into account what a pick does to a fan base also. I have never met a Saint fan that is really pissed about Reggie, and clearly he has not held the Franchise back

trade?

All of which begs the question: Is Bush worth his $8 million in base salary in 2010, or his $11.8 million in 2011 (neither of which includes incentives)? The answer: Not on your life. Not only is Bush not worth that money at his current production level, the Saints have three major deals that need to be done in the next 18 months. Left tackle Jammal Brown(notes) is in his contract year, and barring collective bargaining issues, negotiations on astronomical new deals for Brees and Colston will begin in the middle of next season, if not sooner
A bust? NO. A disappointment YES.

Bush is still a big part of the Saints and contributes in many ways so it is hard to call him a bust. I would reserve the bust category for guys who were drafted high and dont do anything for their teams.. like Alex Smith.

I guess I just need to express how much different the 2 situations are. Complete Busts actually hold your team back for years, where as the busts as you put it merely present a bump in the road. To me the difference between effects are so great they deserve their own label altogether.

Vernon Davis kind of makes me a little mad
Manny Lawson kind of makes me a little mad
Alex Smith makes me want to jump off a cliff.

To me you have to take into account what a pick does to a fan base also. I have never met a Saint fan that is really pissed about Reggie, and clearly he has not held the Franchise back

I agree Lawson & VD still contribute their part to this team the same way Reggie Bush does.

Smith couldn't even beat out Hill BUST = SMITH
  • dman
  • Veteran
Sorry haters ...

Originally posted by dman:
Sorry haters ...

yeah jump on his nuts after one game
Share 49ersWebzone