LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Jay Cutler?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Even if Jay Culter was to be traded now, which i dont think will happen he will not be traded to the 9ers we dont have anything to offer them giving them our 10 isnt much cuz they are at 12 im sure they can get whoever they are targeting at 12. I dont want a guy who throws 2 year old temper tantrums on the field leading the 49ers
Originally posted by HebrewWall:
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3946294&sportCat=nfl

Here some highlights from the article

"Will someone please give Jay Cutler his pacifier, hand him his favorite blankie and put him back in his crib for his afternoon nap? Because if he cries anymore about a trade that didn't happen, we'll have to check his Pampers."

But the mere thought of a possible trade upset Cutler so much that he went into full waaaa-waaaa-waaaa mode, wailing like an infant. Why are they being so mean to me? That sort of thing.

Why call Denver and ask about Cutler? Because the Broncos haven't reached the playoffs since the 2005 season. Because Cutler's record as a starter is 17-20. Because new Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels just happened to coach Cassel last season. And Cassel's team finished 11-5, including a 41-7 victory against Cutler's Broncos in October.

Cutler has accomplished nothing in this league. He has pretty passing numbers, but so what? It's time for him to do a Brooks and grow up. It's time for him to spit out the pacifier.

Coulndt have said it better myself

This is idiotic. Yes, Cutler needs to get over it, but when you are the best player on your team, it is highly insulting to be shopped around. It's not particularly his fault the team isn't winning; that's why it's called "team" sports.

Thank you, at least someone gets it.
Apparently Cutler would be a good fit and fill a position of need for the Vikings, Lions or Bears, but no mention of the 49ers in ESPN's front page article this morning. We are and continue to be irrelevant.
If Cutler had Moss and Welker he would break 5000 yards and blow Cassel's mediocre year out the water

are the Broncos idiots?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
If Cutler had Moss and Welker he would break 5000 yards and blow Cassel's mediocre year out the water

are the Broncos idiots?

Please Marshall and Royal had similar years compared to welker and moss

are the Broncos idiots?

Please Marshall and Royal had similar years compared to welker and moss

Thats my whole point, they had down years bc of Cassel.

Name another QB who had Moss and only threw 21 TDs?

Moss had 23 TD's himself the year before and Moss just barely broke 1000 yards in 16 games this year
Ok first off trying to compare moss 23 tds the year b4 because that was a monster year by he and brady no one comes close to that, that's like saying jerry rice had a down year every year other than the year he had over 1800 yards, those are record breaking years that are very hard to do more than once, the patriots didn't start letting cassel play until towards the end of the year when they opened up the playbook, that being said cassel and cutler had very similar numbers , and this was cassels first year and only real playing time compared to cutlers 2 and a half years, and the patriots had a winning record, iwould rather have cassel than cutler...but what it comes down to is we are not or we should not trade for cutler , cassel is not getting traded again, so we should work and hill and smith learning the offense and developing and work on building our team through the draft
Ok first off trying to compare moss 23 tds the year b4 because that was a monster year by he and brady no one comes close to that, that's like saying jerry rice had a down year every year other than the year he had over 1800 yards, those are record breaking years that are very hard to do more than once, the patriots didn't start letting cassel play until towards the end of the year when they opened up the playbook, that being said cassel and cutler had very similar numbers , and this was cassels first year and only real playing time compared to cutlers 2 and a half years, and the patriots had a winning record, iwould rather have cassel than cutler...but what it comes down to is we are not or we should not trade for cutler , cassel is not getting traded again, so we should work and hill and smith learning the offense and developing and work on building our team through the draft

Ever hear of the period or enter key.

If Cassel only threw 21 TD's in 516 pass attempts with Moss and Welker on the team that went 16-0 the year before, let's see what he does with taking over a 2-14 team with Bowe and Bradley as the best WR's

the craziest part of all this is he is getting $14 million a year!!! Very happy we weren't stupid enough to trade for him

The Patriots will make the playoffs next year bc Cassel is not QB and everyone stats are going to go up bc that is a team built for any QB to put up huge numbers
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
NO to Jay Cutler, the funny thing is we argue on here like we are the one making the decision, but when it comes down to it the 49ers are my team obviously, and if Coach singletary and the powers that be think that Jay Cutler or Kurt Warner are the way to go than i will stand behind my team and root them on like I always do, Even though im opposed to Cutler and Warner. Go 9ers

Where do you draw the line? Lets say that management decides the 49ers team logo should be a swastika. Are you behind the decision 100%?

As long as its red and gold..............of course

If Cassel only threw 21 TD's in 516 pass attempts with Moss and Welker on the team that went 16-0 the year before, let's see what he does with taking over a 2-14 team with Bowe and Bradley as the best WR's

the craziest part of all this is he is getting $14 million a year!!! Very happy we weren't stupid enough to trade for him

The Patriots will make the playoffs next year bc Cassel is not QB and everyone stats are going to go up bc that is a team built for any QB to put up huge numbers

the patriots will make the playoffs because tom brady is the best qb in the league,, i dont want cassel or cutler i was just making a comparison how they are similar and cutler isnt worth going after, just as i am happy we didnt go after cassel
Originally posted by NinerFan79:

Ever hear of the period or enter key

yes the period is what girls get every month and the enter key is the ring you give a hot girl to get in bed with her, haha.......................................sorry teacher

the patriots will make the playoffs because tom brady is the best qb in the league,, i dont want cassel or cutler i was just making a comparison how they are similar and cutler isnt worth going after, just as i am happy we didnt go after cassel

you are right, this debate will not go anywhere till we see them play next year but i do say i would rather break the bank on a QB (cassell or cutler) that I have seen play in the NFL than a prospect in the draft.

Sit on Hill and Smith and draft non- QB's
agree
interesting note about Cutler and his diabeetus. Apparently it gets even worst in hot weather. And I think I heard the Pro Bowl was his 1st hot weather game, he pretty much sucked that day.

He may be a bad warm weather guy the rest of his career.

A little something to factor in maybe
Share 49ersWebzone