LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: The Shaun Hill Starship

Shop 49ers game tickets
The starship will still fly in my heart. Bye Shaun!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Lock this up

Originally posted by valrod33:
Lock this up

bye shaun thanks for 08..
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by PTulini:
The Starship has crashed and burned!!!

He just may have a chance with the Bears.

The Shaun Hill starship never crashes and burns it just blasts off to new galaxies

Like the unemployment galaxy?

Nope to the detroit lions galaxy
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by PTulini:
The Starship has crashed and burned!!!

He just may have a chance with the Bears.

The Shaun Hill starship never crashes and burns it just blasts off to new galaxies

Like the unemployment galaxy?

Nope to the detroit lions galaxy

I almost choked on my food after reading that.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
And I don't understand how all you Alex Smith lovers are ignoring the fact that Shaun Hill has actually looked like a winner under dire circumstances, put together a winning record from the end of last season, and the season before that. He had pretty much the same team as Alex had in 2007 and 2008, but unlike Alex, he's actually won more than he's lost.

Exact;y!! If you give him time he can win, Alex has not proven that yet. I have seen him come really close but always when it counts he blows it. If Hill would not have been Farve'd he may have still been starting. With Crabtree, Davis and Gore with a decent line he would be much better than Alex Smith.

You can laugh all you want, but you cant deny that Hill will denied the SAME opportunities that Alex has been given throughout the course of his career. I dont ever remember seeing the offense tweaked to Hill's strengths, did you ? Hell, the guy was forced to execute Hostler's and Martz's offenses, and even led our team this past season despite dreadful CONSERVATIVE playcalling by Raye. Even then, he sustained key drives when called upon (Zona, Seattle, Minn). Yet, he flopped for 3 weeks and was sidelined......no tweak in the playbook, no change in playcalling, nada. Meanwhile, Alex's offense went through several molds......to the point that commentators (eg Steve Young) felt that the team was putting their star players (eg Gore) on the backburner......

Double standard, dont you think ?

QFT.

Hill in the 2nd half of '08 (with Martz's offense geared towards his strengths) was the best I've seen a 49er QB play since Garcia. On top of that...we won games.

It's true Hill has a horrible arm, but had be in an offense that was more open (in '09) he would have done better. Defenses weren't stacking the line because of Hill...they were stacking the line because of the crunched formations we were using. This was giving Hill zero opportunity to get the ball to the outside.

Smith might still be the answer going forward, but Hill was given a raw deal.

People should respect that he's been our best QB since Garcia.

Yeah okay....
  • RedAndGOLDson49
  • Info N/A
Good luck Shaun thanks for helping pull us out of the Gutter , Now u get a chance to dethrone another former 1st round pick even if it is for just a game or 2.
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
And I don't understand how all you Alex Smith lovers are ignoring the fact that Shaun Hill has actually looked like a winner under dire circumstances, put together a winning record from the end of last season, and the season before that. He had pretty much the same team as Alex had in 2007 and 2008, but unlike Alex, he's actually won more than he's lost.

Exact;y!! If you give him time he can win, Alex has not proven that yet. I have seen him come really close but always when it counts he blows it. If Hill would not have been Farve'd he may have still been starting. With Crabtree, Davis and Gore with a decent line he would be much better than Alex Smith.

You can laugh all you want, but you cant deny that Hill will denied the SAME opportunities that Alex has been given throughout the course of his career. I dont ever remember seeing the offense tweaked to Hill's strengths, did you ? Hell, the guy was forced to execute Hostler's and Martz's offenses, and even led our team this past season despite dreadful CONSERVATIVE playcalling by Raye. Even then, he sustained key drives when called upon (Zona, Seattle, Minn). Yet, he flopped for 3 weeks and was sidelined......no tweak in the playbook, no change in playcalling, nada. Meanwhile, Alex's offense went through several molds......to the point that commentators (eg Steve Young) felt that the team was putting their star players (eg Gore) on the backburner......

Double standard, dont you think ?

QFT.

Hill in the 2nd half of '08 (with Martz's offense geared towards his strengths) was the best I've seen a 49er QB play since Garcia. On top of that...we won games.

It's true Hill has a horrible arm, but had be in an offense that was more open (in '09) he would have done better. Defenses weren't stacking the line because of Hill...they were stacking the line because of the crunched formations we were using. This was giving Hill zero opportunity to get the ball to the outside.

Smith might still be the answer going forward, but Hill was given a raw deal.

People should respect that he's been our best QB since Garcia.

Yeah okay....

Oh yeah u didn't know? Defenses play amazing against Hill. When Smiths in there they are all laying back and playing soft. Even when we are only down by 3.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The starship will still fly in my heart. Bye Shaun!

TO THE SUPER BOWL AND BEYOND!!!!!

Linehan and Megatron are gonna make him look good
Originally posted by znk916:
TO THE SUPER BOWL AND BEYOND!!!!!

Linehan and Megatron are gonna make him look good

Haha....if my 9ers don't make it, then Hell yeah...poor Detroit needs a SuperBowl or something...franchise has been bad for so long...but the fans still stick around.
he's back for another flight, tighten those seat belts!

Welcome back old friend!
career 23 td 12 int ratio

underrated stud
Share 49ersWebzone