LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: The Shaun Hill Starship

Shop 49ers game tickets
The Starship has crashed and burned!!!
thanks shaun for the effort that you gave us..good luck!!
Originally posted by PTulini:

He just may have a chance with the Bears.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Seriously all this smack talk about Hill, you people better pray Alex Smith helps guide us to the playoffs next year. Or the Phoenix will be nothing more than a bird on a wire.

With that said, good luck Alex Smith.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Seriously all this smack talk about Hill, you people better pray Alex Smith helps guide us to the playoffs next year. Or the Phoenix will be nothing more than a bird on a wire.

you needed to be a crazy cult member to be on board the shaun hill starship in the first place.

hes a 30 year old backup with only 10 career starts, and he has a noodle arm. were any of you really thinking he was the answer at QB?

i really wish the zone would have a big "pick your sides" event, where all who support Smith and say he will work out in the end would get some kind of tag by their username. and all who say hes a bust and he sucks would get a tag by theirs.

that way, if smith ends up proving the critics wrong and playing well, establishing himself as our guy, we'll have a way to see who stuck with him, and who is just a bandwagoner who changed his mind when he saw what happened.

id say about 65% of this board hates smith, yet if he pans out and starts playing well consistently? almost all of them will change their mind and act like they always liked him. we need more credibility here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:

you needed to be a crazy cult member to be on board the shaun hill starship in the first place.

hes a 30 year old backup with only 10 career starts, and he has a noodle arm. were any of you really thinking he was the answer at QB?

i really wish the zone would have a big "pick your sides" event, where all who support Smith and say he will work out in the end would get some kind of tag by their username. and all who say hes a bust and he sucks would get a tag by theirs.

that way, if smith ends up proving the critics wrong and playing well, establishing himself as our guy, we'll have a way to see who stuck with him, and who is just a bandwagoner who changed his mind when he saw what happened.

id say about 65% of this board hates smith, yet if he pans out and starts playing well consistently? almost all of them will change their mind and act like they always liked him. we need more credibility here.

You know that's funny, didn't seem to see any critics after Hill finished the season strong after the 2008 season. But aside from that, people are always gonna back the one who contributes to winning games, that's just the reality of the sport or any sport for that matter. But as you mention posters loyalty or lack there of in our QB's, shouldn't the same be said at just about any position in football??

You know that's funny, didn't seem to see any critics after Hill finished the season strong after the 2008 season. But aside from that, people are always gonna back the one who contributes to winning games, that's just the reality of the sport or any sport for that matter. But as you mention posters loyalty or lack there of in our QB's, shouldn't the same be said at just about any position in football??

or in our case, not losing them.

I would have no problem believing in Alex, but I still do not feel comfortable with him back there....especially as precious time goes by where in a couple of years, our core players will most likely leave...if we are not winning.

like Willis, Vernon Davis, Franklin, Shawnte, etc.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
And I don't understand how all you Alex Smith lovers are ignoring the fact that Shaun Hill has actually looked like a winner under dire circumstances, put together a winning record from the end of last season, and the season before that. He had pretty much the same team as Alex had in 2007 and 2008, but unlike Alex, he's actually won more than he's lost.

Exact;y!! If you give him time he can win, Alex has not proven that yet. I have seen him come really close but always when it counts he blows it. If Hill would not have been Farve'd he may have still been starting. With Crabtree, Davis and Gore with a decent line he would be much better than Alex Smith.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
And I don't understand how all you Alex Smith lovers are ignoring the fact that Shaun Hill has actually looked like a winner under dire circumstances, put together a winning record from the end of last season, and the season before that. He had pretty much the same team as Alex had in 2007 and 2008, but unlike Alex, he's actually won more than he's lost.

Exact;y!! If you give him time he can win, Alex has not proven that yet. I have seen him come really close but always when it counts he blows it. If Hill would not have been Farve'd he may have still been starting. With Crabtree, Davis and Gore with a decent line he would be much better than Alex Smith.

Scotty (McGlouhan): Captain, our phasers are back on line!

Spock (Parag): Captain, our phasers are locked on the Shaun Hill Starship...and its shields are down...

Captain (Singletary): Fire...

Last time I checked, we are all niner fans, so if he starts winning games for us, then ofcourse we are going to change our minds... But similar to Carr, I do not know why we expect the light just to click on...
Originally posted by Joecool:

The Shaun Hill starship never crashes and burns it just blasts off to new galaxies
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Joecool:

The Shaun Hill starship never crashes and burns it just blasts off to new galaxies

Like the unemployment galaxy?
Originally posted by irishluder:
I'm with you

Let Hill and smith(major reduction in salary) hold down the QB spot for next season, pick up developmental guy in round 4+

Just say no to Sanchez at 10

I'm glad you're not our GM!

Share 49ersWebzone