LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: The Shaun Hill Starship

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I like Shaun and want him to start this year but I don't see why you have to hate on Smith and diss him just to support Hill. If anything you should be using what Hill's actually done in games against other QBs, like the win againt Favre or Campbell.

This is how us Shaun Hill fans should carry our selves here at the Zone.

Great Post.
I believe Hill will build on last year's performance and only get better the more he plays and gets comfortable with the new system. Hopefully, it'll end all the dissin' on him and allow us to then see what we have in Nate Davis after a 2-3 year training period ( many experts feel this guy could be someting special given sufficient time to learn the offense). If Hill falters in the interim, it will also give Alex an opportunity to salvage his career, if that is, he's got it in him, which I'm not convinced of. In any case, I think we have the nucleus of a pretty good QB situation for the immediate future. We may have several "breakouts" this year and hopefully Shaun's one of 'em.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I like Shaun and want him to start this year but I don't see why you have to hate on Smith and diss him just to support Hill. If anything you should be using what Hill's actually done in games against other QBs, like the win againt Favre or Campbell.

This is how us Shaun Hill fans should carry our selves here at the Zone.

Great Post.

Thanks man
I first read it as Shaun Hill out for season... Damn that was a scare
  • yoyo49
  • Info N/A
Eskimos have hundreds of different words that all mean snow...

How many times can zoners retread the Smith/Hill topic.

Its the same discussion/arguement/bashing over and over and over and over again. People saying the same thing but just under a different title.

Can we at least wait until training camp before retreading the same discussion.

i was always rooting for shaun.remember when the only time you saw him was in preseason and all those comeback preseason wins were because of hill making a comeback.he may suck in practice but he is a gamer when it counts.im with ya
Am I the only one who thinks both Hill and Smith can do well? Not saying that they will but I think they both have some a chance to be good with this WR corps. It all hinges on the OLine but if Marvel's back holds up for 19 () games either one of them can succeed with our offensive weapons:

Crabtree
Morgan
Bruce
Hill
Jones
Gore
Coffee
Vernon
Walker
It's difficult to say that Hill will have a break-out season (even that would be great) under a guy like Raye. Martz is a qb guru and had Hill ranked the top rated passer for most of the second half of last season. I don't see Raye's offense coming close to making that happen but who knows. I guess if Hill somehow ends up flourishing in Raye's offense it's possible. We'll see.
[ Edited by Sabrason on May 26, 2009 at 10:10 PM ]
why does everyone like shuan hill...?
he has no arm..
  • Dino
  • Veteran
you guys didn't hear? EVERY player on the 49ers is going to have a break out season.
at least that's what i've been reading in niner talk this whole off season

I like Shaun Hill
And I like Alex Smith
Alex is the better overall athlete and my first choice (if fully healthy)
But
I will cheer any and every 49er no matter how much I hate them personally
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MaNnY09:
he has no arm..

Actually he's got 2 arms, and heart. Oh, and he also wins games and ends up with good Q/B ratings.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I like Shaun Hill
And I like Alex Smith
Alex is the better overall athlete and my first choice (if fully healthy)
But
I will cheer any and every 49er no matter how much I hate them personally

amen
  • 3m10s
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Tombo:
he has no arm..

Actually he's got 2 arms, and heart. Oh, and he also wins games and ends up with good Q/B ratings.

He also con convert 3rd downs, throws more TD's than INT's, generally makes good decisions with the football and has a feel for the game, leading to finding open receivers/throwing them open for completed passes. Alex may have a better arm, but he is not yet a better QB.
Originally posted by 3m10s:
Originally posted by Tombo:
he has no arm..

He also con convert 3rd downs, throws more TD's than INT's, generally makes good decisions with the football and has a feel for the game, leading to finding open receivers/throwing them open for completed passes. Alex may have a better arm, but he is not yet a better QB.

i'd rather take a healthy alex smith then a healthy shaun hill anyday...thats just me
what about you guys..?
dn't tell me you guys are alex smith haters..?
Share 49ersWebzone