LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

49ers Draft Grades

Originally posted by nw9erfan:
I certainly don't think he is an idiot. Much like guys such as Glenn Dickey (formerly of the Chronicle) and now Skip Bayless, he writes provocative stuff (mainly using exaggeration) to draw attention to himself and attract a larger readership. In other words, he is writing that to get a rise out of guys like you. Mission accomplished apparently. Once you know that, you take what he writes with a few grains of salt and move on.

I've got no issue with either of the Cohns (father or son). Grant has some great information at times, particularly during training camp, and Lowell, well, he reminds me of those crotchety older guys that just like to complain...yet they are somehow pretty cool at the same time.

There are many better writers available to read much of the Cohns. He (they) does (do) write provocatively to gain readers...which is not my cup of tea. My favorites are usually covering sports, not aggrandizing themselves.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 1, 2013 at 6:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Cohn is an idiot. Enough said.

I certainly don't think he is an idiot. Much like guys such as Glenn Dickey (formerly of the Chronicle) and now Skip Bayless, he writes provocative stuff (mainly using exaggeration) to draw attention to himself and attract a larger readership. In other words, he is writing that to get a rise out of guys like you. Mission accomplished apparently. Once you know that, you take what he writes with a few grains of salt and move on.

I've got no issue with either of the Cohns (father or son). Grant has some great information at times, particularly during training camp, and Lowell, well, he reminds me of those crotchety older guys that just like to complain...yet they are somehow pretty cool at the same time.

Sorry but you're wrong, they are idiots and can suck a bag of d*cks.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

There are many better writers available to read much of the Cohns. He (they) does (do) write provocatively to gain readers...which is not my cup of tea. My favorites are usually covering sports, not aggrandizing themselves.
Broadly, I prefer these type of writers as well. My point was that the sports writing world is big enough for the Cohns....
Share 49ersWebzone