There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tavon Austin in the 1st

I can't believe some of you guys wouldn't want this guy. Hes not just fast. His acceleration and agility are off the charts. Austin lined up in the slot with Crabtree, Boldin, Vernon Davis and Gore/James on the field would be an absolute nightmare for defenses.
With Crabtree, Boldin, Vernon, Williams, Jenkins, & Manningham, why would you spend a 1st rd pick on a WR...doesn't make sense. I could see Baalke standing pat and taking Ertz at #34. Another potentially elite pass-catching TE would be of a lot more value, IMHO.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
With Crabtree, Boldin, Vernon, Williams, Jenkins, & Manningham, why would you spend a 1st rd pick on a WR...doesn't make sense. I could see Baalke standing pat and taking Ertz at #34. Another potentially elite pass-catching TE would be of a lot more value, IMHO.

Boldin is old, Crabtree will soon be coming off his rookie deal, Jenkins hasn't shown s**t, and Manningham/Williams are coming of ACL injuries.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Boldin is old, Crabtree will soon be coming off his rookie deal, Jenkins hasn't shown s**t, and Manningham/Williams are coming of ACL injuries.

OLD? Boldin is 32 and 49ers looking to extend his contract a solid #2 receiver & Crabtree is a BEAST a 49er for life adding Tavon in the Slot with his ability to return punts
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is what I was saying earlier. If we can get Tavon Austin at 31 and not lose pick 34, 63, 74, etc, then I'm all for it because we need those picks to draft future starters on defense.

Yeah i was thinking that too. The problem is i think the 49er front office is going to have to choose i think if the vikings let percy go they were undoubtedly skiming the landscape of the NFL and college football for his replacement (Greg jennings is not his replacement He is good at one thing being an outside big bodied reciever nothing like Percy). As many on here have stated Austin is that guy ( I actually think he could be better than Percy he has better cutting ability anyway). With all that in mind i think the Viking will for sure be targetting Austin with one of there 2 first round picks if no one else has taken him yet. we would have to trade up at least before the Vikes in my opinion. I love Tavon and will not be upset if we do that but I think because of the needs at other D positions the only way we take him is if he's there when we pick at 31 which as i just detailed i believe he wont be.
With our Acquisitions there is NO DOUBT 49ers are making draft day moves I like my chances moving up
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
With our Acquisitions there is NO DOUBT 49ers are making draft day moves I like my chances moving up

Yes. A perfect scenario would be to move up around 20 and grab Austin and pick the best S available at 34.

Austin is such a wildcard though. I feel like some team in the teens is going to fall in love with him and grab him early. That might take more firepower than we're willing to give up.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Two possible trade partners are New Orleans, #15, and Chicago, #20.

Both teams do not have many picks, and might want to add options.

If we did trade with one of them, there is a good chance that Tavon Austin, Datone Jones, and Kenny Vaccaro will be available.

Interesting options.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:

If we did trade with one of them, there is a good chance that Tavon Austin, Datone Jones, and Kenny Vaccaro will be available.

Interesting options.

Are you trying to give me a headache? Huh? LOL...would be an interesting thing to watch! I'd be glued to the tube on draft day.

Interesting options.

Great observation dude I was just looking up that exact same scenario thanks
To trade up with New Orleans at #15 valued at 1050 we have to Trade 49ers 1st (31st) 600, 2nd(61st) 292 & 3rd (93) 128 maybe a 4th/ next year 2nd

To trade up to #20 Chicago valued at 850 its trade 49ers 1st (31) 600 & 2nd (61) 292

Just a few options but at #20 I like
To trade up with New Orleans at #15 valued at 1050 we have to Trade 49ers 1st (31st) 600, 2nd(61st) 292 & 3rd (93) 128 maybe a 4th/ next year 2nd

To trade up to #20 Chicago valued at 850 its trade 49ers 1st (31) 600 & 2nd (61) 292

Indy has I think only 4 picks this year. We could maybe give them #31 and #93 to move up to #24.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Indy has I think only 4 picks this year. We could maybe give them #31 and #93 to move up to #24.

The Colts have six picks, but yes they are a possible trading partner.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

The Colts have six picks, but yes they are a possible trading partner.

Yeah I thought they had 4 before the comp picks but it was 5 and they got a 7th comp. Two of their 6 are in the last 20 picks and they dont have a 2nd. If Minnesota doesnt pick Austin at #23 we could maybe move up to 24 and get him before they pick again at 25.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
sure, but doubt he falls and no way Baalke trades up for a slot receiver

However, he might trade up for the most explosive offensive player in this year's draft.