LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Tavon Austin in the 1st

No thanks I'll pass, this guy is a Midget. 5'8 172 lbs?? How will he hold up at the jam? How will he hold on to the ball? Now if he somehow fell which wont happen then maybe i'd spend a 3rd on him but don't worry, he'll be a Viking.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
No thanks I'll pass, this guy is a Midget. 5'8 172 lbs?? How will he hold up at the jam? How will he hold on to the ball? Now if he somehow fell which wont happen then maybe i'd spend a 3rd on him but don't worry, he'll be a Viking.

There are plenty of small guys who are dynamic. Harvin, Sproles, Spiller, D Jackson. The guy is special and tough. I hope 30 teams feel the same way you do.

Yea no kidding then he falls into our lap has never had injury problems in college while Harvin did

There are plenty of small guys who are dynamic. Harvin, Sproles, Spiller, D Jackson. The guy is special and tough. I hope 30 teams feel the same way you do.

Name one thing in common with those guys... They can not play a full 16 game season!
This kid didn't miss one football practice at wvu in 4 years...that IMO is a sign of dedication, toughness and a true love for the game.

I'm with the "let's trade up for Tavon" crowd. There's no player in this draft who could do more to help our offense continue to improve and evolve.
We need size at WR and not smurfs. Look how effective Crabs was in our offense and look how ineffective the smallish Manningham and Jenkins were? We need bigger WRs especially in our own division with Cbs like the Seachickens and Finnegan & Jenkins from the Lambs and Peterson for the Cards? Those Cbs are all big & physical. This Austin dude will get pushed around by these Cbs in the NFC West
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I was pretty blown away from his highlights

He's like LaMichael James only faster and quicker.
Wow just watched his highlight video. Game changer. Only this offense lacks (besides CK). Speed, hands.. The way he moves is so quick. I was like oh s**t! on some of the jukes he made.
We need size at WR and not smurfs. Look how effective Crabs was in our offense and look how ineffective the smallish Manningham and Jenkins were? We need bigger WRs especially in our own division with Cbs like the Seachickens and Finnegan & Jenkins from the Lambs and Peterson for the Cards? Those Cbs are all big & physical. This Austin dude will get pushed around by these Cbs in the NFC West

Seattle had corners on the outside that are big n the Rams have small CBs n Crabs owns Patrick Peterson we have 2 big Wrs on the outside in boldin and crabs. Austin will be playing the joker spot from slot/rb/outside to punt returns he is a dynamic player in the pistol offense.

This ^ but we are wasting our time trying to get through to these keyboard football draft prospect geniuses who think the 49ers would actually trade up for this 5'8 172lb midget slot guy Austin. Austin is going to get absolutely mauled in the NFL against the big boys! 49ers have learned their lesson the hard way with midget size players with LaFumble James who not only coughs up the football when he gets rocked but also goes down faster than an elevator at initial contact.

Zero chance...zero...the 49ers trade up for another manchild size slot receiver with smallish slot receivers Manningham Jenkins & Williams already on the roster!!!!! And they also just reworked Manningham's contract they want him back.

If the 49ers decide to trade up for any receivers in the 1st round it will be for the bigger wideout and the #1 ranked WR in the draft 6'2 216lb Cordarrelle Patterson who can move into a starting WR position after Boldin's 1 and out and if Crabtree bolts for a bigger offer down the road. That is what makes perfect sense if they decide to trade up. They need another wideout to backup and take over and play with Crabtree & Boldin especially if either of them gets injured. If Keenan Allen runs a 4.4 before the draft he could be another wideout prospect the 49ers might target by trading up.

But like I said waste of time trying make logical points regarding player evaluations and the 49ers team needs with the same fools who relentlessly for weeks said Alex Smith would be released or dealt for a 4th to 7th round draft pick... LMAO...so time to logout and head to the gym.
Originally posted by SkyGod:

This ^ but we are wasting our time trying to get through to these keyboard football draft prospect geniuses who think the 49ers would actually trade up for this 5'8 172lb midget slot guy Austin. Austin is going to get absolutely mauled in the NFL against the big boys! 49ers have learned their lesson the hard way with midget size players with LaFumble James who not only coughs up the football when he gets rocked but also goes down faster than an elevator at initial contact.

Zero chance...zero...the 49ers trade up for another manchild size slot receiver with smallish slot receivers Manningham Jenkins & Williams already on the roster!!!!! And they also just reworked Manningham's contract they want him back.

If the 49ers decide to trade up for any receivers in the 1st round it will be for the bigger wideout and the #1 ranked WR in the draft 6'2 216lb Cordarrelle Patterson who can move into a starting WR position after Boldin's 1 and out and if Crabtree bolts for a bigger offer down the road. That is what makes perfect sense if they decide to trade up. They need another wideout to backup and take over and play with Crabtree & Boldin especially if either of them gets injured. If Keenan Allen runs a 4.4 before the draft he could be another wideout prospect the 49ers might target by trading up.

But like I said waste of time trying make logical points regarding player evaluations and the 49ers team needs with the same fools who relentlessly for weeks said Alex Smith would be released or dealt for a 4th to 7th round draft pick... LMAO...so time to logout and head to the gym.

It's always so interesting to see someone bash "fools" on this and go on to make their own assumptions on how a player will be in the NFL. That Austin will get mauled. Nobody knows how this guy will be at the pro level.. And I agree about the 49ers not trading up for him.. But to write him off? Please. The dude is amazingly talented. Percy Harvin is small but he blazes the NFL. Desean Jackson. Sproles. You can go on and on.

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

It's always so interesting to see someone bash "fools" on this and go on to make their own assumptions on how a player will be in the NFL. That Austin will get mauled. Nobody knows how this guy will be at the pro level.. And I agree about the 49ers not trading up for him.. But to write him off? Please. The dude is amazingly talented. Percy Harvin is small but he blazes the NFL. Desean Jackson. Sproles. You can go on and on.

Totally agree his lack of knowledge is insulting lol Crabree is a 49er for life. The Pistol is in fashion and Austin fits what the 49ers want to do. Would love to see him along side CK7
My In-Laws said he ran a 4.18 40 at his pro day, can anyone confirm or deny this? If true

What's it cost you to show people a little respect?

And btw for someone who seems so unforgiving and judgmental, you sure said a lot of things that made me double take/scratch my head.

A) "la fumble James..." I'm sure Harbaugh and baalke are glad to have him on our team and he looks like he'll be a perfect rb to pair with Kap when we have read option heavy game plans. If you want to write a guy off after one fumble in the Super Bowl of his rookie year, go right ahead.

B) you say manningham, Jenkins and Williams are all slot receivers when only Kyle Williams actually is. Manningham primarily works the outside and that is what aj Jenkins was drafted to do as well. Aj Jenkins is not at all a shifty slot guy, he's much better before the catch than after. Manningham is a bit shiftier than aj but even in Ny with Cruz and nicks he still primarily worked the outside. He's an outside receiver. Kw is the only receiver we have who compares to tavon and he is not even close to tavons level.

C) you say the 9ers don't need a slot receiver, we need a real receiver and then you say we should trade up for Patterson?? Have you seen this guy play at all? He's talented as hell and a beast with the ball in his hands but he is raw as can be as a wr. Consistently lets balls get Into his chest and doesn't run great routes. He's got potential to be a great receiver but he's easily more raw than tavon just as a pure receiver. (Don't get me wrong, would love to have him just thinks its asinine to not like tavon because he's not seen as a traditional receiver and then say lets trade up for one of the rawest wrs in the draft)

D) you say IF keenan Allen runs a 4.4 before the draft he'd be a good target- lol, not even gonna spend too much time on this one. Seems like you put a lot of value in actual performance in games.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Wow just watched his highlight video. Game changer. Only this offense lacks (besides CK). Speed, hands.. The way he moves is so quick. I was like oh s**t! on some of the jukes he made.

I said in the PL thread that I haven't seen open field change of direction like that since Barry Sanders. His agility is something special. He just explodes out of his cuts, can stop on a dime, and go from 0 -60 immediately. He would be so dangerous in this offense.

Agree 100%, He has RARE change of direction ability.
This ^ but we are wasting our time trying to get through to these keyboard football draft prospect geniuses, and now I'm going to write several paragraphs that make myself sound like a big ole' hypocrite for saying that.

FTFY

Hate to break it to you, but you're no different than the people that you're mocking.
Share 49ersWebzone