LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 297 users in the forums

Tavon Austin in the 1st

We have LMJ Niners are going to have to figure out how to get him on the field because he will be 3rd on the depth chart
Originally posted by SSF49er:
We have LMJ Niners are going to have to figure out how to get him on the field because he will be 3rd on the depth chart

Don't think LMJ and Austin are all that comparable: other than there ability to be utilized in the read option. Austin would be great in the slot or on the outside. and an offense of crabtree boldin Austin and Vernon davis with gore hunter or james in the backfield with our offensive line is scary good.

Wouldn't worry too much about LMJ spot on the depth chart this coming year because we don't know how much longer gore will be around (may be his last season with the team). LMJ and Kendall will share the backup rb duties this coming year, and the following year they will be a nice 1-2 punch when Gore is gone.
Take him...His Play making abilities and explosiveness cannot be denied. Don't care how small he is. If he can catch the ball and make people miss who cares how small he is. Williams and I like my boy Manningham but I don't think they have the explosiveness that Tavon has.
This Austin is our answer to Percy. F**k the Seabags!
Sorry guys - DLine all the way.
This pick would definitely the mouth of Pete Carroll, there is not a coach I hate worse...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the more the media talk about Austin, the more i think that we may just need his talent.. trade out of the 1st, and use one of our 2nd round to draft him..
Originally posted by 9moon:
the more the media talk about Austin, the more i think that we may just need his talent.. trade out of the 1st, and use one of our 2nd round to draft him..

He is not leaving the 1st round much less the top 20.

LUV THIS IDEA IM ALL FOR IT
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Again, Austin is not going to make it past the mid-twenties.

DUH I know have u not seen me talk about how I don't want tha midget on this thread? ??

He's really a Percy Harvin 2.0

Me likey
We REALLY need to trade up and get this guy! I mean, Jesus.. this guy cuts like no one else other than say.. Percy Harvin, who we just lost to the Seahawks. The arms race is on for the NFC West and I believe the NFC Championship. The road to the Super Bowl will be paved through our division (of course ATL is gearing up too).

I think if Austin is there at 11, Baalke will be making the call to move up and get this guy. You know they aren't happy with Jenkins and our window for a Super Bowl won't be open forever.

Austin could be the rookie that's seen as the final piece like William Floyd back in 1994-1995. Bar None, Baalke will make this happen.

Again, Austin is not going to make it past the mid-twenties.

DUH I know have u not seen me talk about how I don't want tha midget on this thread? ??

Nope.

First 3 pages you'll see me alot lol BTW kool name old school 49er Guy
Originally posted by SSF49er:
Minnesota will draft him at 23 or 25 to re place HARVIN...I SEE THE NINETS DRAFTING ACE SANDERS

They could package a 1 and a 3 and move ahead of the Vikings if he's their guy.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
They could package a 1 and a 3 and move ahead of the Vikings if he's their guy.

This. 1 and 3 gets us to 22 based on the draft chart, one spot in front of Minnesota. Very tempting, although at 22 Keenan Allen and/or Patterson might be there as well.

Which one do you take of the 3?
Share 49ersWebzone