Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tavon Austin in the 1st

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by 9moon:
the more the media talk about Austin, the more i think that we may just need his talent.. trade out of the 1st, and use one of our 2nd round to draft him..

LUV THIS IDEA IM ALL FOR IT

Again, Austin is not going to make it past the mid-twenties.

DUH I know have u not seen me talk about how I don't want tha midget on this thread? ??

Nope.

First 3 pages you'll see me alot lol BTW kool name old school 49er Guy
Originally posted by SSF49er:
Minnesota will draft him at 23 or 25 to re place HARVIN...I SEE THE NINETS DRAFTING ACE SANDERS

They could package a 1 and a 3 and move ahead of the Vikings if he's their guy.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

This. 1 and 3 gets us to 22 based on the draft chart, one spot in front of Minnesota. Very tempting, although at 22 Keenan Allen and/or Patterson might be there as well.

Which one do you take of the 3?
I think 49ers have to make a bold statement & move up for this kid if possible like we did when we traded up for Jerry Rice
I agree, I think the 9ers jump up and grab Austin. My only concern is the Rams picking him at 16 to be their new Amendola. We would have to pay a hefty fee to jump up ahead of the Rams, maybe too hefty. I LOVE Austin, he could turn out to be a Sproles/Harvin/Desean...but also has a chance to just be a McCluster/Brandon Banks type player.

I keep asking myself, whats more important...a solid DT like Hunt/Jessie Williams/Datone ( 1st rounder )..... plus a possible starting CB/FS in the late 2nd, or an electric player like Austin? Hell if we jump up that high, is Austin a better pick than Vaccaro at 15? Still, adding Austin returning punts and kickoffs, plus going in motion in the slot = goosebumps. Imagine trying to cover him down field while Kaep runs around buying time.

Tough call, glad that smarter people than any of us have to make that call. I've given up on making mock drafts for the 9ers. I wanted Ryan Mallet 2 years ago and Kevin Zeitler last year, I suck. ; )
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
I think 49ers have to make a bold statement & move up for this kid if possible like we did when we traded up for Jerry Rice

He's like a toy for Roman. And he lined up sometimes out of formations similar to the Pistol. LMJ and Austin in the backfield...which one do you play? You can't favor one over the other in this situation as they are both explosive and shifty. He can line up in the slot as well and play receiver.

And he is plug and play on PR and KR.

Part of me thinks Baalke is filling all these holes at FS, CB, and DL just so he can move up and take this guy. Of course that is pure speculation, but Austin is HELLA FAST on tape, not just at the combine. Baalke values the tape more than anything. Dude was productive and just looked like he had a gear that nobody else had.

Decisions...
[ Edited by ezekiel40 on Mar 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM ]
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
I agree, I think the 9ers jump up and grab Austin. My only concern is the Rams picking him at 16 to be their new Amendola. We would have to pay a hefty fee to jump up ahead of the Rams, maybe too hefty. I LOVE Austin, he could turn out to be a Sproles/Harvin/Desean...but also has a chance to just be a McCluster/Brandon Banks type player.

I keep asking myself, whats more important...a solid DT like Hunt/Jessie Williams/Datone ( 1st rounder )..... plus a possible starting CB/FS in the late 2nd, or an electric player like Austin? Hell if we jump up that high, is Austin a better pick than Vaccaro at 15? Still, adding Austin returning punts and kickoffs, plus going in motion in the slot = goosebumps. Imagine trying to cover him down field while Kaep runs around buying time.

Tough call, glad that smarter people than any of us have to make that call. I've given up on making mock drafts for the 9ers. I wanted Ryan Mallet 2 years ago and Kevin Zeitler last year, I suck. ; )

True but they need alot of help especially LT Jake Long just left
Originally posted by ezekiel40:

He's like a toy for Roman. And he lined up sometimes out of formations similar to the Pistol. LMJ and Austin in the backfield...which one do you play? You can't favor one over the other in this situation as they are both explosive and shifty. He can line up in the slot as well and play receiver.

And he is plug and play on PR and KR.

Part of me thinks Baalke is filling all these holes at FS, CB, and DL just so he can move up and take this guy. Of course that is pure speculation, but Austin is HELLA FAST on tape, not just at the combine. Baalke values the tape more than anything. Dude was productive and just looked like he had a gear that nobody else had.

Decisions...

Totally agree with you bro man this kid is explosive the fun it would be to see our offense with CK7 something we haven't had in a decade

SWEET! Those tricky Rams have 2 1st rounders though, damn them! Well, I guess that's better than them having RGIII. Could you imagine if they never made that trade with the Skins and picked RGIII? The NFC West would have RGIII, Kaep and Wilson...I think Arizona fans would have just taken their ball and gone home

SWEET! Those tricky Rams have 2 1st rounders though, damn them! Well, I guess that's better than them having RGIII. Could you imagine if they never made that trade with the Skins and picked RGIII? The NFC West would have RGIII, Kaep and Wilson...I think Arizona fans would have just taken their ball and gone home

We got to make a bold move we got 14 pick

We got to make a bold move we got 14 pick

Totally agree. The Seahawks made some GREAT moves during FA period, they win March, we need to win April though! This may be one of the most important drafts in decades for this team. With the FA's that left, plus the number of picks we have, plus the huge amount of underclassman that declared, plus having to pay our guys in 2 years.....the FO needs to NAIL IT this year! We need to come away with studs from the 2013 draft like we came with studs in 2011, plus trade some of the surplus picks ( no way 14 rookies make this roster ), to add for next years draft and beyond. If the FO plays their cards right, we have the makings of a great run. Hopefully Baalke learned his lesson last year and has his team working FEVERISHLY to shine! We have the bullets, but we cant be drunken cowboys shooting at the moon, we need to be snipers hitting our marks!

MAKE IT HAPPEN FELLAS!!!!!
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Mar 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM ]
  • kent
  • Veteran
Funniest thing about the Austin highlights are the TD celebrations where he consistently gets sent flying by his teammates.
I went to WVU and got to see this kid ball out...he made Geno a first round QB. He was his only target all year
Originally posted by ezekiel40:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

This. 1 and 3 gets us to 22 based on the draft chart, one spot in front of Minnesota. Very tempting, although at 22 Keenan Allen and/or Patterson might be there as well.

Which one do you take of the 3?

Just signed Greg Jennings
Just signed Greg Jennings

I was hoping for this. Now there is a little more hope that Austin may slip. Probably more of a chance that Keenan is available since he was unable to perform at his proday.