LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

Tavon Austin in the 1st

• Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
trade up

Agreed, we could do real damage with a burner like him and he's very versatile.

There's no way we can pick 14/15 guys so trading is inevitable and I would like to see us move up on our 1st and our 2nd, we seem to have a flood of 3rd&4th round picks.
Only player I really want us to trade up for.

His highlight reel is one of the best and him and Kap together for the next 5-6 years could be like Brady and Welker.
Only player I really want us to trade up for.

His highlight reel is one of the best and him and Kap together for the next 5-6 years could be like Brady and Welker.
dude will be the next Harvin/Desean, watch.

his ability take off in open space and clown fools is absurd.

Tavon Tecmo Bowl! Let's get this guy.
Can we package our 31st and 34th and maybe move up and nab him or is that too much? Then our next two picks could be used on a dlineman and maybe a db? I would be happy with a draft like that... I would love to sh*t on Seattle with this move also! Our speed would be ridiculous.. Damn I can't wait till the draft!
Better hope he runs over a nun, because there is no chance he will be around at 31.
Rumours Steelers may go for him at 17 now after losing Wallace.

I reckon #31 and #63 will get him. Just whether we want to spend that much for him. I would.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Better hope he runs over a nun, because there is no chance he will be around at 31.

It might take himrunning over a nun guiding a dozen blind catholic school students across the street. I can see The Steelers and Vikings scrambling desperately to replace the explosiveness that they lost.
What do we then do with Lamichael James and Kyle Williams and AJ Jenkins? Tavon would be a wasted pick - we already have enough
We know Ted Ginn Jr is gone. We know 49ers were pursuing Josh Cribbs, we didn't get Cribbs, we know 9ers are filling other holes now, CB, Safety, DT, special teams (tackling) and WR. We know Seattle got Harvin. We also know the 9ers have 14 picks and are rumored to be the ones that will have their way in this draft. My sense is that they are targeting Austin for returns and slot and backfield trickery plays. The 9ers will be trading up to get this guy IF we don't find Ginn's replacement in free agency. BOOK IT!!
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Mar 15, 2013 at 6:53 AM ]

Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
He's a legit top ten talent but don't think he'll get drafted in the first round. Anybody know a player under 5'10 200 lb that was drafted in the 1rst?

Regardless of his "midget size" I hope 49ers draft him. "Midgets" are still strong.

Ted Ginn is listed at 5'11 and 180 lbs, drafted at 9.
I'm on the Tavon Austin bandwagon, for sure, but the only prospect I'm willing to trade up for is Sheldon Richardson and Sharrif Floyd (only if he's available in the early teens, which is a pipe dream).
Thinking of tavon always reminds me of how we passed on desean jacskon for chil rachal. I think tavon is similar to Jackson but Austin has experience in the backfield and in our pistol read option he would be dangerous.

Austin would be able to do for us what percy harvin will likely do for the seahawks
Minnesota will draft him at 23 or 25 to re place HARVIN...I SEE THE NINETS DRAFTING ACE SANDERS
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
We know Ted Ginn Jr is gone. We know 49ers were pursuing Josh Cribbs, we didn't get Cribbs, we know 9ers are filling other holes now, CB, Safety, DT, special teams (tackling) and WR. We know Seattle got Harvin. We also know the 9ers have 14 picks and are rumored to be the ones that will have their way in this draft. My sense is that they are targeting Austin for returns and slot and backfield trickery plays. The 9ers will be trading up to get this guy IF we don't find Ginn's replacement in free agency. BOOK IT!!

If the 49ers trade up for any WR's in this draft I would be shocked if it's not for a bigger faster wideout with elite potential like Cordarrelle Patterson and not for a smurf slot receiver like Austin we already have enough smaller slot receivers and Boldin for sure won't be here for very long and Crabtree will be getting other mega offers and also could be gone especially if he continues to breakout. Patterson would then be ready to step in at wideout.

Remember what just happened with the FA receivers market and what the agents were saying...the wideouts were highly valued and got signed for the big money first and the slot guys like Welker and Amendola got screwed. That's what they said and that's what happened. Wideouts are far more valuable to NFL teams and with 14+ picks we need to get a younger one with elite potential to develop think trading up for wideout Patterson and not another slot guy in Austin.
Share 49ersWebzone