There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tavon Austin in the 1st

• buck
  • Veteran
darn gum it#@$
[ Edited by buck on Mar 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM ]
You don't use a 1st round pick on a slot rec. let aloan move up to get him. I wouldnt touch this guy with a 10 foot pole
Originally posted by jonr422000:
You don't use a 1st round pick on a slot rec. let aloan move up to get him. I wouldnt touch this guy with a 10 foot pole

have you seen him play it is hard to watch him play and then not be excited about what he could do in our option offense. I mean seriously who are you gonna focus on there is Crabtree and Boldin, V. Davis, one of our 3 great RB's and kaeps ability to move add Tavon to the mix and you are really causeing teams to pick there poison but who ever they chose to focus on they will be beat by one of the other play makers. If you do not see that take some time and watch a few more of his highlights a guarantee you to be excited if you really think about it. Tavon austin is flat out amazing.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonr422000:

The real question is what will Baalke do.

From what I can discern:

1. Baalke has never said that you do not draft a slot receiver in the first.
2. We do have enough picks that we can use to move up without ignoring our needs.
3. Tavon Austin has the attitude, skills, and game film that Baalke likes.

To be honest, I have no real idea what Baalke will do, but if he moves up for Austin, I will not be surprised or upset.
Originally posted by buck:
The real question is what will Baalke do.

From what I can discern:

1. Baalke has never said that you do not draft a slot receiver in the first.
2. We do have enough picks that we can use to move up without ignoring our needs.
3. Tavon Austin has the attitude, skills, and game film that Baalke likes.

To be honest, I have no real idea what Baalke will do, but if he moves up for Austin, I will not be surprised or upset.

Agree completely and will never, after the last two years, think I know what Baalke is thinking! If Harbaugh and Baalke see Austin as a match up nightmare for DBs they may jump for him. It would please me to see them take a taller receiver but...would I be disappointed with Austin? No!
The RAMS have 2 first round picks before us. Doubt he will be there for us to trade up to grab. Something tells me we'll be facing this guy twice a year in our division!!
I doubt we get him ...but can you imagine the speed we could put on the field with Optimus Prime, LMJ and Austin ...WOW ...SPEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I doubt we get him ...but can you imagine the speed we could put on the field with Optimus Prime, LMJ and Austin ...WOW ...SPEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WOULD BE AMAZING! Plus what Austin can do in the return game would make us so damn dangerous! Imagine adding DeSean Jackson to our team? On the cheap for 4 years? Yeah I think that's worth a s**t ton!...unless he's just Dexter McCluster....

I really think the Rams snag him though with their 1st #1. We would have to jump up before them to grab Austin. Is it worth trading away our 31st and 34th picks for him? If we jump up that high, is he a better pick than Vaccaro based on our needs? One things for sure, this is gonna be a hellova draft!!!!! The FO needs to nail this draft like 2011. If they do, we are going to be setup for years to come!!!! STEP IT UP BAALKE!!!!!
Get it done Please!!!!
Some interesting tweets from Greg Cosell

Greg Cosell @ gregcosell
If NFL is passing/space league, why is
WVU Austin not top 10 pick. Most
explosive playmaker in draft. Can align
anywhere. Matchup nightmare.

Greg Cosell @ gregcosell
My point w/Austin is that NFL game
continues to change. I'm trying to
think outside the box. He's not just a
slot WR. He's more than that.

Greg Cosell @ gregcosell
Just throwing ideas out. To me Austin
is a special playmaker. Not solely a
slot WR. That's too limiting + too
conventional.

Greg Cosell @ gregcosell
Could be caught in transition phase in
NFL. More of space game now. More
multiple uses for players like Austin.
Like Cobb in GB last season.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
The RAMS have 2 first round picks before us. Doubt he will be there for us to trade up to grab. Something tells me we'll be facing this guy twice a year in our division!!

Kenny Vacarro will be their 1st pick imo they need safety then we trade up to #20 to grab Austin
Just do it. Give up #31 and #34 for #15 and #111. One spot in front of the effing Rams and take him. Do not want to see this guy on the Rams twice a year. Best playmaker in the draft should be on our team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Austin could better than Percy Harvin and without the headaches--both headaches suffered and those caused!!!!!!

Originally posted by buck:
Austin could better than Percy Harvin and without the headaches--both headaches suffered and those caused!!!!!!

My draft Crush is Austin
I'd fall out of my chair if they used any of their first three picks on an offensive player. Their defense simply collapsed last season. For the last 6 or so games of the season and post season, they had no pass rush and couldn't cover receivers to save their lives. They gave up more points in the SB than any Niner SB team ever has. And, at the same time, their offense averaged over 30 points a game without Manningham, K. Williams and Hunter active. Why on earth does anyone around here think they'd spend a bunch of their first picks on a receiver. And please, no more "have you seen him play?" Yes, I've seen him play. He was an outstanding college player. As everyone should know by now, that doesn't guarantee anything, especially when they have so many needs on defense.