LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Trade up.

Originally posted by boomer49er:
We can go ahead and draft almost 15 players, but we'll have to cut 7-10 of them. We just don't have the room for them. Take the first and #34 and get into the top 10....you lose 1 net pick and get a star prospect.....add the later 2nd or 3rd and get even higher and lose a net of 2 picks. You still have plenty of high picks to fill any holes and you have a marquee player.

Where are you getting your math from? This team has holes to fill, additionally they will be replacing about 6-7 guys possibly...they could easily add about 10 rookies, in case you want to see my math..............

Ginn? Cya

Brock....Later

Akers.....Peace Out

Soap.....Goner if he doesn't take a paycut

Moss.....Probably out the door

Walker....Could be gone as well

Alex........Thanks for the memories

Goldson......who knows?

RJF...........Nothing special

Larry Grant.....thanks for everything, good luck with your new starting gig.

That is 10 players, 10 spots that will might have to be replaced, and that's before looking at other potential upgrades as well. So no its not true that this team only has room for 5 or 6 rookies.
only person i'd trade up for is Sheldon Richardson, someone that could still be there between 10-15 range. Sharrif Floyd may be out of reach and be more expensive.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
We can go ahead and draft almost 15 players, but we'll have to cut 7-10 of them. We just don't have the room for them. Take the first and #34 and get into the top 10....you lose 1 net pick and get a star prospect.....add the later 2nd or 3rd and get even higher and lose a net of 2 picks. You still have plenty of high picks to fill any holes and you have a marquee player.

Where are you getting your math from? This team has holes to fill, additionally they will be replacing about 6-7 guys possibly...they could easily add about 10 rookies, in case you want to see my math..............

Ginn? Cya

Brock....Later

Akers.....Peace Out

Goldson......who knows?

That is 10 players, 10 spots that will might have to be replaced, and that's before looking at other potential upgrades as well. So no its not true that this team only has room for 5 or 6 rookies.

True, but this is an exceptional number of picks for a team that is loaded with talent. What I expect to see now is the 49ers explore trade options for guys like Harvin and Revis. On draft night, I would expect the 49ers to move up a few spots in round 1 to make sure they get their guy (assuming there is value to be had) and a trade out for a future pick in the 2014 draft.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Ginn? Cya

Brock....Later

Akers.....Peace Out

Goldson......who knows?

True, but this is an exceptional number of picks for a team that is loaded with talent. What I expect to see now is the 49ers explore trade options for guys like Harvin and Revis. On draft night, I would expect the 49ers to move up a few spots in round 1 to make sure they get their guy (assuming there is value to be had) and a trade out for a future pick in the 2014 draft.

You guys really need to get over revis and Harvin. Not gonna happen.
Having this many picks and their position is a dream come true with LOTS of possibilities.

We could trade up, down and for next season. With all these picks - I think we'll do all three.

Basically, what I'm saying is we have incredible power to move in any direction and come out on top.

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that we trade our 31st w/Bills, Browns or someone wanting to grab the best QB Available for their 2nd round pick and next year's second round.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I just dont think there are any superstars at the top of this draft worth trading multiple top picks for. I love having 7 picks in the top 4 rds. We can address CB, S, TE, WR, DE, DT, and OLB with 7 excellent candidates. Just seems to be the smarter way to go. Now, if we can use the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders to move up a bit that would be great.

This x 1000. This draft is flat with talent at the top. The depth is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 49ers can fill a lot of needs and become A LOT deeper by keeping their picks and loading up.
I would like us to trade our # 34 to a QB needy team and get a 1st next year.
I would like to trade our # 74 for a 2nd next year
I would like us to trade # 92 for a 3rd next year
That gives us
2 1sts
3 2nds
2 3rds
for next year. We still have a tone of good picks to maneuver all of our needs and the abilty to over draft for the practice squad.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Normally, I'd readily agree. However, the draft is pretty deep in what we need. We can get a quality DE, NT, WR, S and CB as it stands now. What position would you be willing to get a lesser player in order to take a top 10 in another?

I totally agree. I am not against trading up in the later rounds, a la Looney or even Kaep, but I am not a proponent of trading up in the first in this draft for the reasons mentioned above.
Originally posted by YungAce:
DRAFT STAR!

Have to see how that heart checks out first.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
only person i'd trade up for is Sheldon Richardson, someone that could still be there between 10-15 range. Sharrif Floyd may be out of reach and be more expensive.

I agree and I think he's better then Shariff! He's relentless!
Trade up?

49ers absolutely need another elite wideout outside with Crabtree for CK7 and to win a Super Bowl...especially if Moss is gone.

49ers can only get an elite WR through the draft or trade or via FA.

Draft: In the draft the best WR that meets the 49ers needs at wideout is the #1 ranked WR Cordarrelle Patterson. It's a weak draft year the cost to move up and get Patterson should be much less than a strong draft year.

Trade: 49ers rumored to want Harvin...i say go for it trade a pick to Minny he's only 25 in May and ready to break out...only if Harvin agrees to a fair deal with 49ers.

FA: Bowe Wallace & Jennings are the 3 best FA WR's

Originally posted by juycho:
I would like us to trade our # 34 to a QB needy team and get a 1st next year.
I would like to trade our # 74 for a 2nd next year
I would like us to trade # 92 for a 3rd next year
That gives us
2 1sts
3 2nds
2 3rds
for next year. We still have a tone of good picks to maneuver all of our needs and the abilty to over draft for the practice squad.

LOL, yeah no. You don't do that when you are competing for a championship and have actual real needs to fulfill this year. All that does is says "well, we hope and think we're good enough". Go and fill your needs this year, load up as much as possible instead of holding off.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Trade up?

49ers absolutely need another elite wideout outside with Crabtree for CK7 and to win a Super Bowl...especially if Moss is gone.

Draft: In the draft the best WR that meets the 49ers needs at wideout is the #1 ranked WR Cordarrelle Patterson. It's a weak draft year the cost to move up and get Patterson should be much less than a strong draft year.

Trade: 49ers rumored to want Harvin...i say go for it trade a pick to Minny he's only 25 in May and ready to break out...only if Harvin agrees to a fair deal with 49ers.

Or just draft Quinton Patton and not waste any extra picks.
This years draft I'd pay money to see Baalke work hes magic and free agents
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Trade up?

I like the move up to WR Cordarrelle Patterson. He may not be a Julio Jones type, but he has good size... a la Dwayne Bowe
I foresee no dramatic trade ups like Atlanta did for Julio Jones, at most something more comparable to when we traded for Jerry Rice. I imagine the 49ers to move up slots like we did when we got Kaepernick and Looney off the top of my head.
Share 49ersWebzone