LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

Trade up.

Originally posted by SkyGod:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
If we want to go WR I'd say trade up into the top 20 with the two 2nd rounders we have and take Tavon Austin to repalce both Williams and Ginn and still have #31 in our pocket.

But i wouldn't trade up for a smaller slot guy in Austin.

We need that explosive big RZ deep threat playmaking wideout to spread the D - Cordarrelle Patterson
I would love trading up for Tavon Austin, the kids film is REDICULOUS, but after giving it much thought, answer this. When was the last time a small wr, under 5-10, was drafted in the 1rst round? I still feel he's going to be the steal of the draft. TA can still be a RZ threat, he's SOooo QUICK I imagine him being open ALL DAY. Welker scores on those quick outs all the time and he's just tough and quick, TA is tough, quick and fast.
As for a big body leaping, adjusting for the ball in a fade or whatever, Keenan Allen is the option, imo bc his better body control and he simply has the best hands in the draft.
However the picks fall I'd take Keenan Allen or Tavon Austin. Cordarrelle Patterson is top 10 though and I don't see 49ers are not that deperate to move up but the bottom line is we need PLAYMAKERS more than DL imo
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I agree to disagree id trade up for Patterson. When you look at all the top WR's in the NFL the vast majority were 1st round picks. The players you mentioned i would consider later in the draft

Really? Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, Marques Colston, Antonio Brown, Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Vincent Jackson, Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Miles Austin, Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace all were not 1st rounders. Statistically, in the 1st round, a WR is more likely to be a bust than any other position. Top dominant receivers such as AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson were all gone within the first few picks of the draft. Patterson is not that kind of a player.

How about Harvin for a 2nd or 3rd if he agrees to Baalke's offer? CK7 to Harvin work for you?

No Harvin is too expensive as well, for the kind of money he's looking for and considering how frequently he's been injured, forget that.
I said the vast majority not all didn't i? Toss out Welker & Cruz who went undrafted i counted 9 of the top 13 NFL 2013 WR's were 1st round picks.

I also said if Harvin agrees to Baalke's offer.

You have no plan that gets us an elite WR to play outside with Crabtree. You shoot down every suggestion posters make about how to get an elite WR.

Patton and who's that other WR you suggested we go after Gibson? lol
[ Edited by SkyGod on Feb 27, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
Sheldon Richardson, Desmond Trufant, Xavier Rhodes and Kenny Vaccaro are much more likely trade-up targets than any WR you guys are talking about.
Our offense fi t Austin to a tee. Those screens and sweeps we like to run he is a threat to take every one to the house. Besides that he will be an elite return man.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Sheldon Richardson, Desmond Trufant, Xavier Rhodes and Kenny Vaccaro are much more likely trade-up targets than any WR you guys are talking about.

i like trufant
I say load up we have a chance to really do damage in the draft.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
I wouldnt give up number 31 or 34 ( very good players will fall , happens every year ) , everything after that can be traded
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

i like trufant

Trufant is so a harbaugh type player with the toughness he plays with
Don't wanna move up that far. I think we have so much flexibility to do whatever we want in the draft!
I said the vast majority not all didn't i? Toss out Welker & Cruz who went undrafted i counted 9 of the top 13 NFL 2013 WR's were 1st round picks.

I also said if Harvin agrees to Baalke's offer.

You have no plan that gets us an elite WR to play outside with Crabtree. You shoot down every suggestion posters make about how to get an elite WR.

Patton and who's that other WR you suggested we go after Gibson? lol

Gibson is a realistic addition, cheap quality depth. Patton very well could turn out to be the best WR from this draft.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

i like trufant

Trufant is so a harbaugh type player with the toughness he plays with

I bet Trufant hates the 49ers with his brother playing for the Seahawks for so long. I know it shouldn't matter, but I could see that factoring into the interviews and they could see he doesn't want to play for our football team.
Originally posted by JD9671:
This years draft I'd pay money to see Baalke work hes magic and free agents

I have always thought it would be just awesome to spend an all access draft weekend in the war room with the Niners. They would never allow for obvious reasons, but it would be awesome to experience as a diehard Niners fan.
Some teams like Indy only have a few picks in this years draft. Here are some teams that might be interested in trading down to gain extra picks:

Carolina: 1/14, 2/44, 4th, 5th, 6th
Chicago: 1/20, 2/50, 4th, 5th, 6th
Indianapolis: 1/24, 3/86, 4th, 6th, 7th
New Orleans: 1/15, 3/75, 4th, 5th, 6th
Oakland: 1/3, 3/66, 4th, 6th, 7th, 7th
I would love to have Milliner on this team, but I think we can still come out with 3 great players from the first 2 rounds.
they may trade up within the later rounds but i have a feeling they trade away one of their 2nd rounders for a 1st next year to set up the future. if we can get back into havin 2 firsts every year like we used to were in excellent shape
Share 49ersWebzone