There are 221 users in the forums

Trade up.

This team does not have the spots available for all these draft picks we've aquired. We should package these picks together and get into the top 10 to get a true impact player to come in and contribute right away. Our #31 and #34 picks alone are enough to get up into the top 10 and if you put our other 2s and 3s in the mix we have the ammunition to reach up and get anybody in this draft we want. We could take the top WR, CB, DT, whatever we want. De Milliner would be a nice fit on this defense...Star if his heart checks out would be great...there are several others.
I agree. Trade up for elite talent, and then trade a pick or a 2nd in 2014. Would give us more help if Justin Smith retires after 2013.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
This team does not have the spots available for all these draft picks we've aquired. We should package these picks together and get into the top 10 to get a true impact player to come in and contribute right away. Our #31 and #34 picks alone are enough to get up into the top 10 and if you put our other 2s and 3s in the mix we have the ammunition to reach up and get anybody in this draft we want. We could take the top WR, CB, DT, whatever we want. De Milliner would be a nice fit on this defense...Star if his heart checks out would be great...there are several others.

Normally, I'd readily agree. However, the draft is pretty deep in what we need. We can get a quality DE, NT, WR, S and CB as it stands now. What position would you be willing to get a lesser player in order to take a top 10 in another?
[ Edited by 60sfan on Feb 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Originally posted by boomer49er:

Normally, I'd readily agree. However, The draft is pretty deep in what we need. We can get a quality DE, NT, WR, S and CB as it stands now. What position would you be willing to get a lesser player in order to take a top 10 in another?

would have to agree this is a deep draft, the only reason we trade up is if we truly love a player like the cb from bama but he might be out of the reach, we have some holes to fill and can't resign all the players. Also have to say Tightend if we lose walker is going to be a major need, and we might need 3 dlinemen to draft if Ricky and Issac both leave were going to need a starting nose and two guys to rotate in.
DRAFT STAR!
[ Edited by YungAce on Feb 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM ]
Yeah only trade up if we truly love a player and know he's going to be legit. I'll trust Harbaugh and Baalke to work some magic this draft. We're going to be so f**kin dominant next year it's not even funny. We WILL win the Superbowl in dominating fashion.
actually i would trade back out of the first now that we have an early second, pick up more pics in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Get a sizable amout of players from those rounds, then use those late round pics to aquire more pics for next year if we can.

Regardless of what people are saying we do/will have a considerable amout of holes to fill, and there is potential ith trading back to aquire those needs and still bolster our draft for next year.
Draft up for star?
Originally posted by YungAce:
DRAFT STAR!

You want to trade up to draft a dude with a serious heart condition?
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by YungAce:
DRAFT STAR!

You want to trade up to draft a dude with a serious heart condition?

That remains to be seen. If it is serious, that sucks for him, but I think it'll probably be nothing, but it will drive down his draft stock. Who knows, we could end up with one of the best players in the draft

We can go ahead and draft almost 15 players, but we'll have to cut 7-10 of them. We just don't have the room for them. Take the first and #34 and get into the top 10....you lose 1 net pick and get a star prospect.....add the later 2nd or 3rd and get even higher and lose a net of 2 picks. You still have plenty of high picks to fill any holes and you have a marquee player.
I think we trade away lower picks for future picks but keep our top 5 picks. Or stay close to having 5 picks in the top 100.
I just dont think there are any superstars at the top of this draft worth trading multiple top picks for. I love having 7 picks in the top 4 rds. We can address CB, S, TE, WR, DE, DT, and OLB with 7 excellent candidates. Just seems to be the smarter way to go. Now, if we can use the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders to move up a bit that would be great.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
actually i would trade back out of the first now that we have an early second, pick up more pics in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Get a sizable amout of players from those rounds, then use those late round pics to aquire more pics for next year if we can.

Regardless of what people are saying we do/will have a considerable amout of holes to fill, and there is potential ith trading back to aquire those needs and still bolster our draft for next year.

This, someone usually wants to back into the first......I'd like to see the more trade down, acquire more picks later on in the draft unless someone like Datone Jones is sitting right there waiting to be picked.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I just dont think there are any superstars at the top of this draft worth trading multiple top picks for. I love having 7 picks in the top 4 rds. We can address CB, S, TE, WR, DE, DT, and OLB with 7 excellent candidates. Just seems to be the smarter way to go. Now, if we can use the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders to move up a bit that would be great.

This x 1000. This draft is flat with talent at the top. The depth is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 49ers can fill a lot of needs and become A LOT deeper by keeping their picks and loading up.
Share 49ersWebzone