There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Manti Te'o

There's absolutely no way he wasn't in on it. Someone found out in December, and his family panicked and gave some BS explanation to the school. Nothing adds up here. The chick's picture is of a completely different person, who he supposedly met several times in real life, was his girlfriend for like a year, but she says she never met him.

All we can wait for now is for Te'o to tell everyone whats really going on, because the school's explanation doesn't add up at all. This story is crazy.
That Deadspin article looks to be very well researched, so I can't see any reason to doubt it. Also, if half of what they're saying is correct, there's is zero chance that he didn't know what was going on. So the question is, if this does turn out to be true, would he fall to us or even further?

Second thing, if it's true, and he falls to us in the 1st, would we even want him?
Originally posted by Niners23:
That Deadspin article looks to be very well researched, so I can't see any reason to doubt it. Also, if half of what they're saying is correct, there's is zero chance that he didn't know what was going on. So the question is, if this does turn out to be true, would he fall to us or even further?

Second thing, if it's true, and he falls to us in the 1st, would we even want him?

word, that article is well put together and connects dot after dot, it's gonna take a lot to dismantle it.

Second: NO
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I had been hearing about thgis guy all year! I only watched him play when ND played Stanford.

He looks like a Brian Bozworth clone to me, just sayin...

Is Te'o fast? Could he do the opposite of Urlacher (sp) and go from LBer to Strong Safty?

Okay,. maybe an insaine Brian Bozworth WTF!!!!!

The only other thing I could think of is maybe his girlfriend was really a boyfriend that died so he covered it up with an acceptable story?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Niners23:

word, that article is well put together and connects dot after dot, it's gonna take a lot to dismantle it.

Second: NO

Deadspin has top lawyers, this is gone over by them, so wouldn't be released if there was anything wrong in the story. He will be available when we pick, but that isn't a need for us so we would pass... He is probably a 2nd-3rd round pick now.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Okay,. maybe an insaine Brian Bozworth WTF!!!!!

The only other thing I could think of is maybe his girlfriend was really a boyfriend that died so he covered it up with an acceptable story?

That was one of my first thoughts.

https://www.facebook.com/NDFootball/posts/553537038009180

It was a hoax now the only question that remains is whether or not Teo was a victim or the mastermind? Maybe both?
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright

RT @realfreemancbs: NFL scout on Manti Catfish: "Won't hurt draft stock. We draft guys that rob banks." So, there's that.
Maybe he's gay and this was some form of eccentric cover-up?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

To be honest that's been my thoughts on the whole story.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Him and his buddy, both come from strict religious backgrounds, both very close, his buddy knew the girl whose photos were stolen, his buddy got into a car accident about a month before his fake girlfriend supposedly did...etc...etc, just saying.............

Either that or its one of the greatest, most epic trolling jobs of all time...ALL TIME!
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM ]
I think this dude's draft stock just fell to the point where he may not be drafted now.

I mean -- kids -- this is BAD. After a stunt like this, who would EVER trust this guy? And he still didn't put a stop to it, even after it became the subject of multiple media reports.

Do you know what sports reporters will do to Manti now? The Full Manti will take on a whole new meaning.

Speaking of which, should we call him The Fail Manti now?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Lets get back on track with critiquing Te'o and what not, there's another thread for his dead girlfriend or whatever in the PL please go and post there or this thread will be locked.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

+1
According to recent reports, Manti Te'o's girlfriend never existed.

According to the BCS Championship game, neither did his 1st-round talent.