LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

Manti Te'o

Originally posted by valrod33:
http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

made up a fake girlfriend and said she died

what a piece of s**t
what a douchebag, hope he is a bust
[ Edited by skillzdatkillz90 on Jan 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM ]
WTFFFF!! Although there was this comment:

================================
"But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper."

Erm, that's because she was registered under her real name, Lennay Marie Wochinski. Lennay Marie Kekua was her professional name.

Dunno if that means anything?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

"But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper."

Erm, that's because she was registered under her real name, Lennay Marie Wochinski. Lennay Marie Kekua was her professional name.

Doubt it, Notre Dame made a statement saying it was a hoax too
  • Disp
  • Veteran

Read the follow up comments. That's a joke from Seinfeld.

This whole story makes my brain aspolde haha. Holy crap.
This kid is a oakland raider
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Probably cost himself being a first round pick.
wow, wow, wow.

We still dont' know if Te'o was in on it or if he just got catfished.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
wow, wow, wow.

he had to of been, he told his parents that he was with her a couple of times. He needs psychiatric help
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

I guarantee all 32 teams will grill Te'o at the combine. He would be wise to send each team a detailed explanation ASAP

It doesn't. It was a reference to a scene in Seinfeld.

RAY: I've got to get going. I have a class. GEORGE: Oh ho! Class, huh? At Columbia? Let me tell you something, pal. I called the registrar's office. I checked you out. They have no record of a Ray Thomas at that school! You liar! RAY: Well, that's because I'm registered under my full legal name, Raymond Thomas Wochinski. Ray Thomas is my professional name. GEORGE: You mean alias.

wow, wow, wow.

bro, how is he not in it? he publicly talked about having a girlfriend who's identity has been BUSTED. What, he never met her?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
wow, wow, wow.

bro, how is he not in it? he publicly talked about having a girlfriend who's identity has been BUSTED. What, he never met her?

Yeah, he could have never met her or they used a different girl to pretend she was this character for in-person meetings.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
There's absolutely no way he wasn't in on it. Someone found out in December, and his family panicked and gave some BS explanation to the school. Nothing adds up here. The chick's picture is of a completely different person, who he supposedly met several times in real life, was his girlfriend for like a year, but she says she never met him.

All we can wait for now is for Te'o to tell everyone whats really going on, because the school's explanation doesn't add up at all. This story is crazy.
That Deadspin article looks to be very well researched, so I can't see any reason to doubt it. Also, if half of what they're saying is correct, there's is zero chance that he didn't know what was going on. So the question is, if this does turn out to be true, would he fall to us or even further?

Second thing, if it's true, and he falls to us in the 1st, would we even want him?
Originally posted by Niners23:
That Deadspin article looks to be very well researched, so I can't see any reason to doubt it. Also, if half of what they're saying is correct, there's is zero chance that he didn't know what was going on. So the question is, if this does turn out to be true, would he fall to us or even further?

Second thing, if it's true, and he falls to us in the 1st, would we even want him?

word, that article is well put together and connects dot after dot, it's gonna take a lot to dismantle it.

Second: NO
Share 49ersWebzone