LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Manti Te'o

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Michigan finished #24 but ask Alabama how they were able to beat power house teams such as Western Kentucky, Western Carolina or Florida Atlantic?? Auburn must've been a tough one too.

But doesnt ND pick their schedule every year and also schedule their bye week strategically around tough games ??
Originally posted by eonblue:
You "cupcake teams are basically a bye" applies to any top tier team. And we all know that theirs no such thing as an easy win.Basically your saying its unfair that the SEC plays out of conference and that they should only play each other because its not fair they get to play weak opponents.

Well if you knew anything about the conference you would every SEC teams plays 7 SEC teams in a row.

Bama,LSU, South caro, florida, texas am, Arkansas, Tennesse, Ole miss, and Miss state all played each other during a 7 week minus one team thats played at beginning or end of the schedule.

The only losses LSU, Bama,South Caro, Georgia, Florida, and Texas AM were to an SEC team.

Miss st and Vandie had 4 losses all to SEC. Only the SEC beats the SEC. Its kinda unfair were in such a strong conference. The road to a national title is exponentially harder for a team in the SEC under the current system.

You wanna talk about bye weeks from weak opponents but yet it couldn't be further from the truth. And after the way Bama treated the Irish last night I dont think they care if people are comfortable with calling them champs the evidence speaks for itself.

The new playoff system is going to be decided by AP being able to vote a team in but not more than 4 slots up or down in their standings. And its going to be an a 4 team playoff. Teams wont have to win their conference championship either. Its not going to be any harder on the SEC I promise you.

Doesnt ND hand pick their own schedule ???
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Not even close.

Teo is quicker and has more range. Also much more durable than Rey.

Not even close in that malauga can make the tackles that Te'o missed. Sorry, but dude got his ass handed to him.

I have a friend that lives in Dayton and follows the Bengals. He dislikes Mauluga so much lol. Says he misses a lot of tackles as well.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I have a friend that lives in Dayton and follows the Bengals. He dislikes Mauluga so much lol. Says he misses a lot of tackles as well.

I noticed that in the Bengals-Texans game. Texans were targetting Mauluga all day
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this him?

Originally posted by eonblue:
Whats your grand idea for figuring out who the two best teams are?

It obviously cant be based on W-L.

Fight the good fight homie !!, Te'O got kO'd..
How many ND games did you watch this year? If it was just the national championship game than yeah Te'o sucks. They went 12-0 with an offense that doesn't score a lot of points. The defende carried the team all year. ND had a horrible game. Te'o is still a good player and he is going in the 1st round. Don't know the draft order yet so I have no predictions.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Michigan finished #24 but ask Alabama how they were able to beat power house teams such as Western Kentucky, Western Carolina or Florida Atlantic?? Auburn must've been a tough one too.

But doesnt ND pick their schedule every year and also schedule their bye week strategically around tough games ??

Your totally missing the point I was trying to make, its like peoples hate for ND comes out once they loss the national championship. But if their AD picks their own schedule that's beside the point too, its not like the players pick their own schedule.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this him?

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
meh

Manti Meh'o
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this him?

No DUMMY, that's a sea otter.....DUHHHHH!

Originally posted by jacklegniner:
How many ND games did you watch this year? If it was just the national championship game than yeah Te'o sucks. They went 12-0 with an offense that doesn't score a lot of points. The defende carried the team all year. ND had a horrible game. Te'o is still a good player and he is going in the 1st round. Don't know the draft order yet so I have no predictions.

He was never as good as he was hyped up to be, nor is he as bad as some people are now saying. He'll be a 1st round pick, somewhere from 10-20.
You're not always going to get a competitive championship game. There's just as many stinkers in the Super Bowl than there is in college football. Notre Dame went 12-0 and they beat Stanford who just happened to be the best non SEC team. They unfortunately belonged in that game.

If there was a playoff system the same scenario could have happened. FTR Alabama would have put a whooping on everyone else too. Long live the SEC because that championship game is the true national title.

Regarding Teo definetily got overrated and put into the top 5, but he's still a solid 1st round pick.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

He was never as good as he was hyped up to be, nor is he as bad as some people are now saying. He'll be a 1st round pick, somewhere from 10-20.
100% agree. He's talked about too much but that's not his fault. I agree with the 10-20 range as well.
http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

made up a fake girlfriend and said she died

what a piece of s**t
  • jrg
  • Veteran
wow
Share 49ersWebzone