LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Manti Te'o

overrated
we need a future NT first!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I think you guys are being a bit harsh on Te'O.

but one interesting development is Te'O's performance may have made the argument that Jarvis Jones should be the #1 pick. Jarvis was maybe the only LB to have success against 'Bama.

Jones should be a top 5 pick for sure. KC should either trade down and get multiple picks or select Luke Joeckel with the first pick. He is as sure of a thing there is in this draft.
Dude was overrated all year !!, JR Seau clone ?? WHAT A F....G JOKE !, too bad I called this after the Pitt game, and people wouldnt hear of it. This guy seriously lost millions of dollars last nite. And if he got his ass handed to him by Bama ( with 9-10 NFL caliber guys) the what da hell would our divisional opponents do with him ?? If this guy can play ST's (which I doubt with the number of missed/arm tackles he had), and drops to the 2nd-3rd. round MAAAAYYYYYBE.. But we have better guys on our team already to even give this guy a thread on this board
Dude was overrated all year !!, JR Seau clone ?? WHAT A F....G JOKE !, too bad I called this after the Pitt game, and people wouldnt hear of it. This guy seriously lost millions of dollars last nite. And if he got his ass handed to him by Bama ( with 9-10 NFL caliber guys) the what da hell would our divisional opponents do with him ?? If this guy can play ST's (which I doubt with the number of missed/arm tackles he had), and drops to the 2nd-3rd. round MAAAAYYYYYBE.. But we have better guys on our team already to even give this guy a thread on this board
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Its you. He is bigger than either Willis or Bowman.

But nowhere near as stout or talented. This guy was a joke last night. OVERRATED !!, Even Pitt and Stanford had him on his back. Dude got exposed !!
Originally posted by eonblue:
Oh yea fluker ia my favorite from bama vaunted oline. Ive never thought manti was juat jaw dropping awesome. Hes strong and amart. He does the intangibles. Dont judge him on one game.

He got handled vs. Pitt and Stanford too...
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
So much over-reaction after games are played. People watched last night and now Te'o is over-rated and Lacy is the best thing ever. Te'o is a great college player. At the NFL level someone else said he is like AJ Hawk which I think is a good comparison. That doesn't make Te'o bad. Niners definately don't need him. He's still going to get his millions of dollars. Notre Dame's problem is that the other guys in the front seven get clogged up and Te'o will get 2 guys on him. 2nd or 3rd, don't kid yourself... 1st round for sure.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
So much over-reaction after games are played. People watched last night and now Te'o is over-rated and Lacy is the best thing ever. Te'o is a great college player. At the NFL level someone else said he is like AJ Hawk which I think is a good comparison. That doesn't make Te'o bad. Niners definately don't need him. He's still going to get his millions of dollars. Notre Dame's problem is that the other guys in the front seven get clogged up and Te'o will get 2 guys on him. 2nd or 3rd, don't kid yourself... 1st round for sure.

Omg please don't even try to blame teos implosion in the line. Lacy ran through him, over him, and around him. The fact that you say.teo is a first rounder and.lacy is.overrated shows your bias. Positionally teo was awful and he missed aloooot of tackle. This is all part of the Notre Dame mythology. Sportswriter like his story and love Notre dame so they inflate what they know will sell. Well the show is over. If this guy goes in the.first round I will be suprised.
Btw I dont think Teo is bad by no means. He has the potential to be a great MLB. I just think its crazy he was in the Heisman 3 after that performance
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

Omg please don't even try to blame teos implosion in the line. Lacy ran through him, over him, and around him. The fact that you say.teo is a first rounder and.lacy is.overrated shows your bias. Positionally teo was awful and he missed aloooot of tackle. This is all part of the Notre Dame mythology. Sportswriter like his story and love Notre dame so they inflate what they know will sell. Well the show is over. If this guy goes in the.first round I will be suprised.
Dude read my quotes! I'm not saying Lacy is overated, etc... I'm saying people over-react after 1 game. I guarantee you after that game you will see a ton of mock drafts with Lacy flying up the boards and Te'o dropping. It's one game. Te'o had a terrible game but so did every other ND defensive player. This guy will go in the 1st round. If you want to call it biased so be it. Again, a guy like Aj hawk went 5th overall to the Packers.

Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
No doubt all year Notre Dame hasn't played anyone GOOD their schedule is Weak & playing with the BIG DOGS just got EXPOSED!

They played everyone on their regular season schedule and won. They were definitely out manned and out played tonight, along with the bad calls early... They just got smacked, they're back in the conversation.

Don't mean they belong in the game on National TV & be embarrassed. Can't wait for playoff system!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This kid is getting exposed tonight. Great college linebacker, but looks very average against NFL caliber talent. Anyone talking about him as the #1 overall pick needs to look at this game tape.

No doubt all year Notre Dame hasn't played anyone GOOD their schedule is Weak & playing with the BIG DOGS just got EXPOSED!

You got to be frickin kidding me, 10 teams outta 12 went to bowl games. Beat #7 Standford and Oklahoma. Notre Dames schedule was much tougher than Alabama's.
Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Miss st, and Texan AM are all ranked in the top 15. Bowl eligibility means nothing in this case. Its about the strength of your opponent. I don't understand how any one could argue ND schedule was harder. The schedule they barely squeaked by. Stanford is clearly a better team. I'm thankful bama added some light to the issue.
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This kid is getting exposed tonight. Great college linebacker, but looks very average against NFL caliber talent. Anyone talking about him as the #1 overall pick needs to look at this game tape.

You got to be frickin kidding me, 10 teams outta 12 went to bowl games. Beat #7 Standford and Oklahoma. Notre Dames schedule was much tougher than Alabama's.

Who cares about bowl games put in a playoff system & determine the winner. Your record don't mean your the best team a proven fact. A rematch of Texas A&M & Alabama would of been a better game hands down. Notre Dame was OVER RATED didn't belong in the game!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Who cares about bowl games put in a playoff system & determine the winner. Your record don't mean your the best team a proven fact. A rematch of Texas A&M & Alabama would of been a better game hands down. Notre Dame was OVER RATED didn't belong in the game!

You said ND hasn't played anyone good, but they beat the #7 and #15 team both were in BCS games. Sure ND was out-classed and out -played, but to say they didn't belong there is absurd. They beat who was put in front of them can't say the same for Texas A&M or Bama.
Share 49ersWebzone