There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Manti Te'o

  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,225
Originally posted by eonblue:
Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Miss st, and Texan AM are all ranked in the top 15. Bowl eligibility means nothing in this case. Its about the strength of your opponent. I don't understand how any one could argue ND schedule was harder. The schedule they barely squeaked by. Stanford is clearly a better team. I'm thankful bama added some light to the issue.

Michigan finished #24 but ask Alabama how they were able to beat power house teams such as Western Kentucky, Western Carolina or Florida Atlantic?? Auburn must've been a tough one too.
Out of ND schedule 2 teams won their bowl game.

3 of them lost by higher margin than they did to ND to SEC schools that Bama beat.

The SEC is 243-72 against other conferenses. The bowl game margin is 76-27.

The teams are harder. And I would choose Florida, SC, Georgie, LSU, Texas AM or Bama to breeze the ND schedule with odds.

If you think Bamas schedule wasn't harder your loco esse.

Put ND in the SEC and you'll get some scorelines like you did last night. Bet on it.

Ultimately Im not hating on ND And I would've loved ND to win because that wouldv'e meant they beat the best but really they just confirmed my suspicions. Its like a self fufilling prophecy.Awful National Championship. Last years was a shutout but at least LSU played some stone cold D. Bama defense was better last year. ND lucky they didnt have to roll against them.

Cant wait for the playoffs!
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM ]
cant even make a tackle in the biggest game of his life.....
Looks to me like a Demeco Ryans type player. Plug him in at MLB and he'll give you production for the next decade. Not going to be a superstar in my estimation but highly productive, high character, safe choice.
rey maualuga 2.0
Originally posted by pelos21:
rey maualuga 2.0

Not even close.

Teo is quicker and has more range. Also much more durable than Rey.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,225
Originally posted by eonblue:
Out of ND schedule 2 teams won their bowl game.

3 of them lost by higher margin than they did to ND to SEC schools that Bama beat.

The SEC is 243-72 against other conferenses. The bowl game margin is 76-27.

The teams are harder. And I would choose Florida, SC, Georgie, LSU, Texas AM or Bama to breeze the ND schedule with odds.

If you think Bamas schedule wasn't harder your loco esse.

Put ND in the SEC and you'll get some scorelines like you did last night. Bet on it.

Ultimately Im not hating on ND And I would've loved ND to win because that wouldv'e meant they beat the best but really they just confirmed my suspicions. Its like a self fufilling prophecy.Awful National Championship. Last years was a shutout but at least LSU played some stone cold D. Bama defense was better last year. ND lucky they didnt have to roll against them.

Cant wait for the playoffs!

And ultimately I'm not hating on Bama but was just trying to make a point when someone said ND didn't play anyone GOOD.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Miss st, and Texan AM are all ranked in the top 15. Bowl eligibility means nothing in this case. Its about the strength of your opponent. I don't understand how any one could argue ND schedule was harder. The schedule they barely squeaked by. Stanford is clearly a better team. I'm thankful bama added some light to the issue.

Michigan finished #24 but ask Alabama how they were able to beat power house teams such as Western Kentucky, Western Carolina or Florida Atlantic?? Auburn must've been a tough one too.
This is the reason why I want a playoff and hopefully a least an 8 team playoff. These arguments will go round and round with different stats. ND played a tough schedule and went 12-0, yet some people will still say they didn't belong in that game. They did what they were supposed to do...Beat the teams that were in front of them.
As for the SEC, they are great but they also get a handful of bye weeks throughout the year when they play these Western Carolina's. A team like LSU or Bama, etc... has to run the table or have 1 or 2 loses to make a BCS bowl game. The cupcake teams are an easy win so then you play a Florida on 2 weeks rest. Then another cupcake and then you play Tennesse... etc...

Again they are a great conference but an 8 team playoff would mean that an SEC team would have to win their conference championship and then 3 games in row (not this 44 day layoff crap) against the top 8 in the nation. I will feel much more confident about declaring a National Champion if a team wins 3 in a row in a playoff format.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
This is the reason why I want a playoff and hopefully a least an 8 team playoff. These arguments will go round and round with different stats. ND played a tough schedule and went 12-0, yet some people will still say they didn't belong in that game. They did what they were supposed to do...Beat the teams that were in front of them.
As for the SEC, they are great but they also get a handful of bye weeks throughout the year when they play these Western Carolina's. A team like LSU or Bama, etc... has to run the table or have 1 or 2 loses to make a BCS bowl game. The cupcake teams are an easy win so then you play a Florida on 2 weeks rest. Then another cupcake and then you play Tennesse... etc...

Again they are a great conference but an 8 team playoff would mean that an SEC team would have to win their conference championship and then 3 games in row (not this 44 day layoff crap) against the top 8 in the nation. I will feel much more confident about declaring a National Champion if a team wins 3 in a row in a playoff format.

You "cupcake teams are basically a bye" applies to any top tier team. And we all know that theirs no such thing as an easy win.Basically your saying its unfair that the SEC plays out of conference and that they should only play each other because its not fair they get to play weak opponents.

Well if you knew anything about the conference you would every SEC teams plays 7 SEC teams in a row.

Bama,LSU, South caro, florida, texas am, Arkansas, Tennesse, Ole miss, and Miss state all played each other during a 7 week minus one team thats played at beginning or end of the schedule.

The only losses LSU, Bama,South Caro, Georgia, Florida, and Texas AM were to an SEC team.

Miss st and Vandie had 4 losses all to SEC. Only the SEC beats the SEC. Its kinda unfair were in such a strong conference. The road to a national title is exponentially harder for a team in the SEC under the current system.

You wanna talk about bye weeks from weak opponents but yet it couldn't be further from the truth. And after the way Bama treated the Irish last night I dont think they care if people are comfortable with calling them champs the evidence speaks for itself.

The new playoff system is going to be decided by AP being able to vote a team in but not more than 4 slots up or down in their standings. And its going to be an a 4 team playoff. Teams wont have to win their conference championship either. Its not going to be any harder on the SEC I promise you.
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This kid is getting exposed tonight. Great college linebacker, but looks very average against NFL caliber talent. Anyone talking about him as the #1 overall pick needs to look at this game tape.

No doubt all year Notre Dame hasn't played anyone GOOD their schedule is Weak & playing with the BIG DOGS just got EXPOSED!

You got to be frickin kidding me, 10 teams outta 12 went to bowl games. Beat #7 Standford and Oklahoma. Notre Dames schedule was much tougher than Alabama's.

Who cares about bowl games put in a playoff system & determine the winner. Your record don't mean your the best team a proven fact. A rematch of Texas A&M & Alabama would of been a better game hands down. Notre Dame was OVER RATED didn't belong in the game!

You said ND hasn't played anyone good, but they beat the #7 and #15 team both were in BCS games. Sure ND was out-classed and out -played, but to say they didn't belong there is absurd. They beat who was put in front of them can't say the same for Texas A&M or Bama.

You made my point why I hate the BCS system and college football it SUCKS. Without a playoff system you pick a team who you think belongs there and this is what you get? The game was a JOKE! People were robbed once again!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
You made my point why I hate the BCS system and college football it SUCKS. Without a playoff system you pick a team who you think belongs there and this is what you get? The game was a JOKE! People were robbed once again!
Whats your grand idea for figuring out who the two best teams are?

It obviously cant be based on W-L.
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
This is the reason why I want a playoff and hopefully a least an 8 team playoff. These arguments will go round and round with different stats. ND played a tough schedule and went 12-0, yet some people will still say they didn't belong in that game. They did what they were supposed to do...Beat the teams that were in front of them.
As for the SEC, they are great but they also get a handful of bye weeks throughout the year when they play these Western Carolina's. A team like LSU or Bama, etc... has to run the table or have 1 or 2 loses to make a BCS bowl game. The cupcake teams are an easy win so then you play a Florida on 2 weeks rest. Then another cupcake and then you play Tennesse... etc...

Again they are a great conference but an 8 team playoff would mean that an SEC team would have to win their conference championship and then 3 games in row (not this 44 day layoff crap) against the top 8 in the nation. I will feel much more confident about declaring a National Champion if a team wins 3 in a row in a playoff format.

You "cupcake teams are basically a bye" applies to any top tier team. And we all know that theirs no such thing as an easy win.Basically your saying its unfair that the SEC plays out of conference and that they should only play each other because its not fair they get to play weak opponents.

Well if you knew anything about the conference you would every SEC teams plays 7 SEC teams in a row.

Bama,LSU, South caro, florida, texas am, Arkansas, Tennesse, Ole miss, and Miss state all played each other during a 7 week minus one team thats played at beginning or end of the schedule.

The only losses LSU, Bama,South Caro, Georgia, Florida, and Texas AM were to an SEC team.

Miss st and Vandie had 4 losses all to SEC. Only the SEC beats the SEC. Its kinda unfair were in such a strong conference. The road to a national title is exponentially harder for a team in the SEC under the current system.

You wanna talk about bye weeks from weak opponents but yet it couldn't be further from the truth. And after the way Bama treated the Irish last night I dont think they care if people are comfortable with calling them champs the evidence speaks for itself.

The new playoff system is going to be decided by AP being able to vote a team in but not more than 4 slots up or down in their standings. And its going to be an a 4 team playoff. Teams wont have to win their conference championship either. Its not going to be any harder on the SEC I promise you.
Maybe it's me not speaking clearly but you tend to misinterpret a lot of what I say. Most top tier teams laod up with easy games. It's the way college football works. For some reason you trash ND when before the season started, they had the toughest ranked schedule. Everyone said it and thought ND was crazy for picking certain opponents. It's not their fault that the opponents didn't turn out to be as good as billed. They still had a tough schedule though.

There are also easy opponents. Western Kentucky doesn't stand a chance against Alabama!

Either way I don't care to argue this back and forth... this is a Te'o thread so I guess I will get back on topic: This is Kiper's updated big board after the title game and he still has Te'o rated 6th.

"Not a great finish for Te'o, and I don't know if he'll go this high, but he has a really high floor, and evaluators know it. Has exceptional instincts, a ton of experience and reads the game well. Can attack the backfield. Was second nationally in INTs, from LB. With off-the-charts intangibles, he is the future leader of an NFL defense."
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,225
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
This is the reason why I want a playoff and hopefully a least an 8 team playoff. These arguments will go round and round with different stats. ND played a tough schedule and went 12-0, yet some people will still say they didn't belong in that game. They did what they were supposed to do...Beat the teams that were in front of them.
As for the SEC, they are great but they also get a handful of bye weeks throughout the year when they play these Western Carolina's. A team like LSU or Bama, etc... has to run the table or have 1 or 2 loses to make a BCS bowl game. The cupcake teams are an easy win so then you play a Florida on 2 weeks rest. Then another cupcake and then you play Tennesse... etc...

Again they are a great conference but an 8 team playoff would mean that an SEC team would have to win their conference championship and then 3 games in row (not this 44 day layoff crap) against the top 8 in the nation. I will feel much more confident about declaring a National Champion if a team wins 3 in a row in a playoff format.

You "cupcake teams are basically a bye" applies to any top tier team. And we all know that theirs no such thing as an easy win.Basically your saying its unfair that the SEC plays out of conference and that they should only play each other because its not fair they get to play weak opponents.

Well if you knew anything about the conference you would every SEC teams plays 7 SEC teams in a row.

Bama,LSU, South caro, florida, texas am, Arkansas, Tennesse, Ole miss, and Miss state all played each other during a 7 week minus one team thats played at beginning or end of the schedule.

The only losses LSU, Bama,South Caro, Georgia, Florida, and Texas AM were to an SEC team.

Miss st and Vandie had 4 losses all to SEC. Only the SEC beats the SEC. Its kinda unfair were in such a strong conference. The road to a national title is exponentially harder for a team in the SEC under the current system.

You wanna talk about bye weeks from weak opponents but yet it couldn't be further from the truth. And after the way Bama treated the Irish last night I dont think they care if people are comfortable with calling them champs the evidence speaks for itself.

The new playoff system is going to be decided by AP being able to vote a team in but not more than 4 slots up or down in their standings. And its going to be an a 4 team playoff. Teams wont have to win their conference championship either. Its not going to be any harder on the SEC I promise you.
Maybe it's me not speaking clearly but you tend to misinterpret a lot of what I say. Most top tier teams laod up with easy games. It's the way college football works. For some reason you trash ND when before the season started, they had the toughest ranked schedule. Everyone said it and thought ND was crazy for picking certain opponents. It's not their fault that the opponents didn't turn out to be as good as billed. They still had a tough schedule though.

There are also easy opponents. Western Kentucky doesn't stand a chance against Alabama!

Either way I don't care to argue this back and forth... this is a Te'o thread so I guess I will get back on topic: This is Kiper's updated big board after the title game and he still has Te'o rated 6th.

"Not a great finish for Te'o, and I don't know if he'll go this high, but he has a really high floor, and evaluators know it. Has exceptional instincts, a ton of experience and reads the game well. Can attack the backfield. Was second nationally in INTs, from LB. With off-the-charts intangibles, he is the future leader of an NFL defense."

Exactly....not a great finish I agree, but one game doesn't make a career. With that said, hes still a 1st round pick, and I don't think it matters to Te'o if he goes in the 1st round or 7th that kid just wants to play ball.
I haven't watched enough of him to form an opinion on his football skills, but the guy looks wayyyy too small to be a MLB as of now.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Not even close.

Teo is quicker and has more range. Also much more durable than Rey.


Not even close in that malauga can make the tackles that Te'o missed. Sorry, but dude got his ass handed to him.