LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

Manti Te'o

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This kid is getting exposed tonight. Great college linebacker, but looks very average against NFL caliber talent. Anyone talking about him as the #1 overall pick needs to look at this game tape.

No doubt all year Notre Dame hasn't played anyone GOOD their schedule is Weak & playing with the BIG DOGS just got EXPOSED!
I' ve seen Manti in person a few times in South Bend, no way he is over 230 lbs. He was bigger last season.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
No doubt all year Notre Dame hasn't played anyone GOOD their schedule is Weak & playing with the BIG DOGS just got EXPOSED!

They played everyone on their regular season schedule and won. They were definitely out manned and out played tonight, along with the bad calls early... They just got smacked, they're back in the conversation.
Bring on the playoffs. They're going to have to earn the championship game next timw cause their schedule was a joke that they barely squeaked by. What a farce. Im just gonna say Georgia Bama was the championship.
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This kid is getting exposed tonight. Great college linebacker, but looks very average against NFL caliber talent. Anyone talking about him as the #1 overall pick needs to look at this game tape.
I've never been that big on him, he's been the beneficiary of a lot of hype due to his team's overall success. Good talent, definitely a Top 15 pick, but he wouldn't get half the hype if he was playing at Kentucky.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Got exposed against a tough SEC team. Not surprised.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM ]
I had been hearing about thgis guy all year! I only watched him play when ND played Stanford.

He looks like a Brian Bozworth clone to me, just sayin...

Is Te'o fast? Could he do the opposite of Urlacher (sp) and go from LBer to Strong Safty?
I'm a ND fan and I love T'eo but I'm not sure how he'll do in the NFL. Alabama has 2-3 definite NFL starters on that line and he got swallowed up last night.
Lacy looked bigger then Te'o last night, and he's listed on the bama site as 6' 220.

i'm thinking move to SS also.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I had been hearing about thgis guy all year! I only watched him play when ND played Stanford.

He looks like a Brian Bozworth clone to me, just sayin...

Is Te'o fast? Could he do the opposite of Urlacher (sp) and go from LBer to Strong Safty?

i think Polamalu was a LB at USC and was able to make that switch.

but yeah that 40 time is gonna be important for him.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]

Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
They played everyone on their regular season schedule and won. They were definitely out manned and out played tonight, along with the bad calls early... They just got smacked, they're back in the conversation.

Homer
the next AJ Hawk

will have a good career as a starter but won't be anything special IMO
I think you guys are being a bit harsh on Te'O.

but one interesting development is Te'O's performance may have made the argument that Jarvis Jones should be the #1 pick. Jarvis was maybe the only LB to have success against 'Bama.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

please tell me more about how great the SEC is.
Good linebacker but his stock definitely dropped. He looks smaller than the 255 lbs they have listed. He also couldn't get away from the blocks. Looks like a Sean Lee/Paul Pozluszny (sp) type of linebacker.
Share 49ersWebzone