There are 238 users in the forums

CB Dennard arrested

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I'm more hesitant to say anything bad about the kid than most. I've been arrested multiple times for assault where they either tacked on b******t charges because it helps force people to plea bargain or just outright got the whole situation wrong. I'm not saying I'm some kind of angel or anything, but I can easily see a situation where he wasn't in the wrong. I'd have to investigate myself before making a judgement about another person. I know people will argue that it's close to the draft, so you should be keeping as far away from any potentially volatile situation as possible, but I realize that these kids still have to live their lives. Even if they just locked themselves in their homes, a large portion of violence happens to be domestic.

So I just can't call the kid stupid.

It would be very unfortunate for him if he was innocent or the situation is being overblown... because it is so close to the draft. It's nearly impossible to sort out the details in time... especially if you're like me and would need to meet with him face to face in order to read his body language.

Just to make sure people aren't taking this the wrong way, I understand your reactions and I don't think you're wrong for having them. I'm not attacking your opinions or you in any way. I'm just adding my opinions to the conversation.

a week before the draft the only place this kid should be is either at school studying, the gym, or at home.

I was arrested at school and at home. Just sayin'.

somebody is gangster I see

Heh. Thanks for proving my point. You don't know anything about me or my circumstances.

I assume you're just kidding, though.
I'm more hesitant to say anything bad about the kid than most. I've been arrested multiple times for assault where they either tacked on b******t charges because it helps force people to plea bargain or just outright got the whole situation wrong. I'm not saying I'm some kind of angel or anything, but I can easily see a situation where he wasn't in the wrong. I'd have to investigate myself before making a judgement about another person. I know people will argue that it's close to the draft, so you should be keeping as far away from any potentially volatile situation as possible, but I realize that these kids still have to live their lives. Even if they just locked themselves in their homes, a large portion of violence happens to be domestic.

It would be very unfortunate for him if he was innocent or the situation is being overblown... because it is so close to the draft. It's nearly impossible to sort out the details in time... especially if you're like me and would need to meet with him face to face in order to read his body language.

Just to make sure people aren't taking this the wrong way, I understand your reactions and I don't think you're wrong for having them. I'm not attacking your opinions or you in any way. I'm just adding my opinions to the conversation.

a week before the draft the only place this kid should be is either at school studying, the gym, or at home.

Heh. Thanks for proving my point. You don't know anything about me or my circumstances.

did you get pinched in the library?

you're right we don't know what happened. However this isn't just some he said she said domestic scuffle. The guy allegedly PUNCHED a cop! That's never ok.
Originally posted by jta854:
you're right we don't know what happened. However this isn't just some he said she said domestic scuffle. The guy allegedly PUNCHED a cop! That's never ok.

Well, its dumb and thats for sure. As others have commented, very bad timing.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jta854:

Again, thank you for proving my point.
When keeping it real goes wrong, staring Dennard
My grandfather once handcuffed a cop to a telephone pole and took his weapons. He gave them to his neighbor, the police chief with a message--tell this guy to quit stopping my daughter for fake traffic tickets. Of course, this was long ago...but not far away. Every circumstance deserves its day in court.

That said, this guy has a history of bad judgements and if they continue to unearth more...argh. But, Boone had a history of bad decisions that were alcohol related and VD still makes some very dumb moves on the field...two personal penalties in a playoff game that were totally unneccessary! Until the whole story comes out...

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 22, 2012 at 9:39 AM ]
such a dumbass but very talented like Perrish Cox. He'll probably drop to the 5th round. Should we take a flyer on him in the 4th?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
My grandfather once handcuffed a cop to a telephone pole and took his weapons. He gave them to his neighbor, the police chief with a message--tell this guy to quit stopping my daughter for fake traffic tickets. Of course, this was long ago...but not far away. Every circumstance deserves its day in court.

That said, this guy has a history of bad judgements and if they continue to unearth more...argh. But, Boone had a history of bad decisions that were alcohol related and VD still makes some very dumb moves on the field...two personal penalties in a playoff game that were totally unneccessary! Until the whole story comes out...

Haha! That's an awesome story! Your granpappy kicked (kicks?) ass! Not that I condone that type of behavior under normal circumstances, but it sounds like he had a good enough reason to me! WTF was the douche cops problem?

I actually have a ton of respect for cops. I've always been treated well by them. Probably because I cooperate and don't act like a dick. It's certainly not a job I could do. Too many crazy a*****es out there.

Uh-oh... bad news for Dennard if he's got a history with bad behavior. Has he been violent in the past? I could just google it, but I like chatting. It's more fun.

We'll find out more about this current arrest in the future, I'm sure. It sure doesn't sound good, but I just can't bring myself to make a judgement about a guy after reading one short news report.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

No, but I got a BJ there once.

and it gets worse;

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120423/NEWS01/304249997/-1

What f-ing moron gets a felony 3 days before he gets drafted.

Wow! You had a picture of Wodwo in the library?
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
and it gets worse;

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120423/NEWS01/304249997/-1

What f-ing moron gets a felony 3 days before he gets drafted.

man, this is bad for doot.
rather draft a player who doesnt hit cops, or even better isnt near any cops to be blamed for hitting one
Share 49ersWebzone