LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

CB Dennard arrested

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
I'm more hesitant to say anything bad about the kid than most. I've been arrested multiple times for assault where they either tacked on b******t charges because it helps force people to plea bargain or just outright got the whole situation wrong. I'm not saying I'm some kind of angel or anything, but I can easily see a situation where he wasn't in the wrong. I'd have to investigate myself before making a judgement about another person. I know people will argue that it's close to the draft, so you should be keeping as far away from any potentially volatile situation as possible, but I realize that these kids still have to live their lives. Even if they just locked themselves in their homes, a large portion of violence happens to be domestic.

So I just can't call the kid stupid.

It would be very unfortunate for him if he was innocent or the situation is being overblown... because it is so close to the draft. It's nearly impossible to sort out the details in time... especially if you're like me and would need to meet with him face to face in order to read his body language.

Just to make sure people aren't taking this the wrong way, I understand your reactions and I don't think you're wrong for having them. I'm not attacking your opinions or you in any way. I'm just adding my opinions to the conversation.
What a loser. I would lock myself in a room until I got my guaranteed money lol.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I'm more hesitant to say anything bad about the kid than most. I've been arrested multiple times for assault where they either tacked on b******t charges because it helps force people to plea bargain or just outright got the whole situation wrong. I'm not saying I'm some kind of angel or anything, but I can easily see a situation where he wasn't in the wrong. I'd have to investigate myself before making a judgement about another person. I know people will argue that it's close to the draft, so you should be keeping as far away from any potentially volatile situation as possible, but I realize that these kids still have to live their lives. Even if they just locked themselves in their homes, a large portion of violence happens to be domestic.

It would be very unfortunate for him if he was innocent or the situation is being overblown... because it is so close to the draft. It's nearly impossible to sort out the details in time... especially if you're like me and would need to meet with him face to face in order to read his body language.

Just to make sure people aren't taking this the wrong way, I understand your reactions and I don't think you're wrong for having them. I'm not attacking your opinions or you in any way. I'm just adding my opinions to the conversation.

a week before the draft the only place this kid should be is either at school studying, the gym, or at home.
  • bors
  • Veteran
late round steal now....maybe
Originally posted by jreff22:

a week before the draft the only place this kid should be is either at school studying, the gym, or at home.

Exactly, every year! some idiot does something retarded like this... if Dennard cant keep himself strait now...then imagine next year when he's got a pocket full of cash and he wants to be a "baller"

Please pass Baalke, PLEASE

very next post?

Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
What a loser. I would lock myself in a room until I got my guaranteed money lol.
Before passing on this guy teams will interview and reinterview his parents, friends and coaches. If he has a long track record of being in trouble and using poor judgement then you pass. But if it was a one time incident--he went to a party, drank until intoxicated and then resisted arrest when a policeman grabbed him...he drops a bit but he will still have his day.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Before passing on this guy teams will interview and reinterview his parents, friends and coaches. If he has a long track record of being in trouble and using poor judgement then you pass. But if it was a one time incident--he went to a party, drank until intoxicated and then resisted arrest when a policeman grabbed him...he drops a bit but he will still have his day.
My problem with Dennard is he tends to do the stupidest things in climax situations. Kicked out of a bowl game for fighting, and now fighting before the draft, what's his encore for his 1st NFL game?

We all love warriors especially on defense, but seems like the pressure makes him go krazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXBsz1bBfF0
Its a lil less than a week before the draft wtf there so many things he could do this dude is always fighting at the worst time.
Have we ever drafted a player with history with the police?

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
maybe we can grab him in the 3rd round

Originally posted by ImaMod:
maybe we can grab him in the 3rd round

As stupid as his action is, I still think he goes somewhere in the 3rd. Like Irvin, it's really hard to imagine him falling far. He just hasn't had much luck this off-season. So-so end of the season, injuries and no participation in the all-star games, so-so combine, and now this.
I would be surprised if he get drafted at all. I think he will be an undrafted free agent with a short leash.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I was arrested at school and at home. Just sayin'.

I was arrested at school and at home. Just sayin'.

somebody is gangster I see
Share 49ersWebzone