There are 255 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

changes to draft

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Espn and nfl network say they won't cut to green room when players get a phone call before the pick is announced

Anyone else care?

That was something I didn't like
Sounds like a good change, I didn't like the spoilers before the pick either.
Great change It ruined he suspense
Glad they did this. Hated hearing the talking heads announce the pick before the commish did. Then they'd show the guy on his cell talking to the team in the green room. It bugged me, makes it more exciting imo when we have no clue who it is and then the commish calls the name.
I always did find that extremely annoying.
Read about this yesterday... really like it because now you can get that high/rush when Goodell announces. No reason they can't replay the phone conversation/celebration after the pick. What's the point of guys like La Confora wrecking it 30 seconds before it happens? Like the article said it's about the egos on the set trying to be the 1st to break it and it should be about the fans.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Fantastic move!!!!!
I think it's for the best. Although I always thought it was cool seeing them take the call. I didn't like the suspense being spoild, but it was a good moment. Maybe they can still film it and show it after the pick is announced.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Read about this yesterday... really like it because now you can get that high/rush when Goodell announces. No reason they can't replay the phone conversation/celebration after the pick. What's the point of guys like La Confora wrecking it 30 seconds before it happens? Like the article said it's about the egos on the set trying to be the 1st to break it and it should be about the fans.

QFT. And Twitter only adds to this mentality.
Thank God........i friggin hate those spoilers
now just put it back on the weekend
thank u thank u thank u
I actually liked to see the guys on the phone and know the pic before it's announced. I always thought it was cool. I'm impatient so I will be on twitter the whole time trying to get the scoop 30seconds early.
They usually show the phone call afterwards as well so i think we will still have everything we want