There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Fleener is there at our pick. Do we....

Fleener is there at our pick. Do we....

How suprised would you be if Fleener ended up being the 2nd player 9ers select
If he's there, I have a feeling we won't take him. Baalke or Harbaugh have a tendency to do unconventional things.
I guess it really depends on how bad Harbaugh wants him...he's still sore he didn't get Baldwin last year, who ended up going to rival Seattle and playing well. I think Coach wants him pretty bad...he knows how good he is and can be for his team. He already knows the offense, so can be effective right away. I can see Baalke trading up a few spots to get him, if need be.
We take him.....
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Hard to imagine a trade offer good enough for me to pass on Fleener. Just take him... would help our offense so much.

rd 1 options:

1. OL / Cordy Glenn
2. WR / Coby Fleener
3. WR / Alshon Jeffery
4. WR / Stephen Hill
5. OL / Peter Konz

6. trade back

WR Coby Fleener?
Call the Colts and see how much theyd give up to reunite Luck and Fleener, if they make a good offer then take it. If its not, take Fleener.
I know the Colts have a different GM but they gave us a first round pick for the right to draft Tony Ugoh.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Call the Colts and see how much theyd give up to reunite Luck and Fleener, if they make a good offer then take it. If its not, take Fleener.
I know the Colts have a different GM but they gave us a first round pick for the right to draft Tony Ugoh.

I think they may trade for Konz if he falls
Grant Cohn has us trading up to #17 and taking Fleener...

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/04/inside-the-49ers/mock-draft-2-0-the-niners-trade-up-to-pick-no-17/
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Grant Cohn has us trading up to #17 and taking Fleener...

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/04/inside-the-49ers/mock-draft-2-0-the-niners-trade-up-to-pick-no-17/

lol

hes the best WR in draft and a top 10 pick?

sorry hes not that good cohn

i think thats too much for fleener

if were going to do that trade id do it for wright much more versitle and is a mismatch everywhere on the field because his speed

again i dont mind fleeer hell dont even mind trading up for him but to give up a 2nd and 4th for him is just too much for a position we are already struggle in

wright brings a deep threat- something we dont have
wright also brings versitility- will help in 3rd down situations

and on top of that he is a great returnman
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,931
Originally posted by WildBill:
Depends on who else is still on the board. Fleener was good speed and is a big target-like Vernon, he can split wide thus playing WR or TE. On offense you want to create schemes and match up problems. Drafting a wr, he will only play WR.

So tired of this myth. Everyone has being the same thing about Vernon for years. Guess what? we still struggled/struggle on offense. Everyone said he'll open things up for our WR's and make them better. Guess what? we are still talking about drafting WR's and needing playmakers.


The whole mismatch blaze' blaze' is just...................... my boggling I guess.
Originally posted by krizay:
So tired of this myth. Everyone has being the same thing about Vernon for years. Guess what? we still struggled/struggle on offense. Everyone said he'll open things up for our WR's and make them better. Guess what? we are still talking about drafting WR's and needing playmakers.


The whole mismatch blaze' blaze' is just...................... my boggling I guess.

our only play,aker is a TE though the problem is we dont have a deep threat
VD is most effective in the middle of the field as is crabtree

since we dont have a deep threat S play close as they dont have to watch for anything deep hence our problem (thats why i really want kendall wright)
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,931
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by krizay:
So tired of this myth. Everyone has being the same thing about Vernon for years. Guess what? we still struggled/struggle on offense. Everyone said he'll open things up for our WR's and make them better. Guess what? we are still talking about drafting WR's and needing playmakers.


The whole mismatch blaze' blaze' is just...................... my boggling I guess.

our only play,aker is a TE though the problem is we dont have a deep threat
VD is most effective in the middle of the field as is crabtree

since we dont have a deep threat S play close as they dont have to watch for anything deep hence our problem (thats why i really want kendall wright)

The problem isn't so much a deep threat. but a scheme that throws deep. No we don't have burners. But you don't need to be a burner to catch deep balls. See Colston, Manningham, Fitz, Marshall, ETC....
Originally posted by krizay:
The problem isn't so much a deep threat. but a scheme that throws deep. No we don't have burners. But you don't need to be a burner to catch deep balls. See Colston, Manningham, Fitz, Marshall, ETC....

im not talking about burners per say im just saying deep threats those people that you mentioned are all deep threats

VD is best when working the middle of field then getting YAC crabtree is similar

none of our guys are effective when the throw is 35+ yards
crabtree isnt fast enough or tall/physical enough to dominate the CB
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,931
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by krizay:
The problem isn't so much a deep threat. but a scheme that throws deep. No we don't have burners. But you don't need to be a burner to catch deep balls. See Colston, Manningham, Fitz, Marshall, ETC....

im not talking about burners per say im just saying deep threats those people that you mentioned are all deep threats

VD is best when working the middle of field then getting YAC crabtree is similar

none of our guys are effective when the throw is 35+ yards
crabtree isnt fast enough or tall/physical enough to dominate the CB

they are threats because their scheme makes them so. If you don't thro it down field then no one will be a deep threat. If we don't throw to Moss downfield the S will still play up. Because there is no threat to go deep because our scheme doesn't allow it.
If the Niners grab him, fine. If they dont, fine. I think he is way overrated on this board. I dont that he is better than Walker and the dude isn't even a blocker (according to analysts). What good is a jumbo package with a non-blocking TE? You can clearly tell from Walker's interview that blocking is a big part of what the coach wants. If Fleener is just seen as a WR, I say we pass and get a real WR.