There are 199 users in the forums

Fleener is there at our pick. Do we....

Fleener is there at our pick. Do we....

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Depends on who else is still on the board. Fleener was good speed and is a big target-like Vernon, he can split wide thus playing WR or TE. On offense you want to create schemes and match up problems. Drafting a wr, he will only play WR.

So tired of this myth. Everyone has being the same thing about Vernon for years. Guess what? we still struggled/struggle on offense. Everyone said he'll open things up for our WR's and make them better. Guess what? we are still talking about drafting WR's and needing playmakers.

The whole mismatch blaze' blaze' is just...................... my boggling I guess.

The NFL is a copycat league and the Patriots have had the best record over the last 10 years. The Patriots run a two TE offense where both are serious receiving threats. Harbaugh ran a three TE offense at Stanford that put the school into the BCS two years in a row. Just saying there is a lot of evidence to support that Fleener would be a good choice.
The one really good thing about Fleener is that it he will be coming into a system he knows and is comfortable with, so there will be alot fewer rookie mistakes and he'll probably make a smooth transition to the pros.
thats exactly why we shud get him. we run 3 te sets all the time an use TEs as receivers all the time. adding another one that great, who wudnt even have to learn the system is nothin but success. getting fleener eliminates the need to draft a WR in the 1st round cuz he is a receiver an would add even more size an bulk to our line an TEs. we got reuland who is good but fleener is even better. he could be the next gronkowski in our offense
I want Fleener bad, ever since seeing him play. Problem is we have to have that OG(or OT), and deeper in the draft we aren't likely to find gem OLs. Therefore if there is a Zeitler, or look alike, I am afraid we have to have the OLineman first. It is inconceivable that Coach and Baalke don't have a dozen WRs on the board in all rounds, plus my bet is they ask and pay another 12-18 guys...maybe more...to come to camp as UDFA WRs. A gem in WR can be found later a whole lot easier than a starting OLineman. The one possibility is a trade up for Kap, by one of the several teams that wanted him before we jumped up to get him. We aren't carrying 4 qbs, and I believe our 4th qB was signed because someone wants Kap ....real bad....enough to allow us to trade up. Just a prediction, but i think it is going to happen. Actually I thnk there are two teams that really want Kap bad. We'll see.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This Fleener s**t is ridiculous. The Zone has blinders on to the rest of the draft.

Quentin Groves 2.0...

Holy crap! I havent heard Quentin Groves name in years! Lol
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I want Fleener bad, ever since seeing him play. Problem is we have to have that OG(or OT), and deeper in the draft we aren't likely to find gem OLs. Therefore if there is a Zeitler, or look alike, I am afraid we have to have the OLineman first. It is inconceivable that Coach and Baalke don't have a dozen WRs on the board in all rounds, plus my bet is they ask and pay another 12-18 guys...maybe more...to come to camp as UDFA WRs. A gem in WR can be found later a whole lot easier than a starting OLineman. The one possibility is a trade up for Kap, by one of the several teams that wanted him before we jumped up to get him. We aren't carrying 4 qbs, and I believe our 4th qB was signed because someone wants Kap ....real bad....enough to allow us to trade up. Just a prediction, but i think it is going to happen. Actually I thnk there are two teams that really want Kap bad. We'll see.
IF we were ti trade him it would have to be for a 2nd otherwise forget it
Reading about the WRs in this draft is frustrating as they seem to have so many negatives. One scout suggested that only one or two WRs are NFL ready and the rest will have a hard time getting off the LOS cleanly...not quick. If this is true then Fleener's stock rises and he will be gone long before the 9ers pick. I belive K Wright was the one WR listed in the high rounds as being quick enough to put pressure on CBs off the snap and he is a bit small (K Williams size +10 lbs). He might fall around the end of the first round (?) so that might be a choice with some good OGs being available in the second.
I think Fleener is a great talent but I hope we don't get Butch Davis syndrome and draft him just because Harbaugh coached and recruited him. Butch Davis did that in Cleveland and you see where that got him in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone