LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

Fleener is there at our pick. Do we....

Fleener is there at our pick. Do we....

Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
NEVER!!!!!!

So what player at 30 makes your crotch feel tingly???

for me its kendal wright

playmaker he is a threat to score every time deep threat etc.
personally i wouldnt mind trading up for him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
NEVER!!!!!!

So what player at 30 makes your crotch feel tingly???

for me its kendal wright

playmaker he is a threat to score every time deep threat etc.
personally i wouldnt mind trading up for him

Yeah, I'd like to see the 49ers go WR.

Crabs, Manningham, new WR, Kyle, Ted Ginn, Moss... see who rises to the top!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Honestly, I have no idea. I haven't kept up on the draft that much.

I just think the Zone is getting way too excited about a slightly above average Stanford TE that we don't need.

Quentin Groves 2.0 (though I acknowledge that Fleener will be a decent pro, better than Groves)

Eh, we're just having a little fun with who we like. If Gronk and Graham didnt have such MONSTER years in 2011 and if Fleener wasn't from Stanford, the hype wouldn't be so big. Also, you can work on getting better at blocking, you are born with 4.5 forty and 6'6" 250 lbs. No matter how much a die hard fan any of us are, what we know about these prospects and football in general wouldn't fit on the piece of toilet paper that Harbaugh and Baalke wipe their @sses with. Whatever name is called in 13 days, I have supreme confidence it will be the right choice.
Honestly, I have no idea. I haven't kept up on the draft that much.

I just think the Zone is getting way too excited about a slightly above average Stanford TE that we don't need.

Quentin Groves 2.0 (though I acknowledge that Fleener will be a decent pro, better than Groves)

Eh, we're just having a little fun with who we like. If Gronk and Graham didnt have such MONSTER years in 2011 and if Fleener wasn't from Stanford, the hype wouldn't be so big. Also, you can work on getting better at blocking, you are born with 4.5 forty and 6'6" 250 lbs. No matter how much a die hard fan any of us are, what we know about these prospects and football in general wouldn't fit on the piece of toilet paper that Harbaugh and Baalke wipe their @sses with. Whatever name is called in 13 days, I have supreme confidence it will be the right choice.

Agreed.
Agreed.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for the draft ( Even though I say the same way every April ) .

Having real football people steering the ship again feels amazing. Right now we are at the dawn of a GOLDEN age. All these young players buying into the system, playing as a single unit. No contract disputes, no holdouts, no drama. Im sure in 4-5 years if we bring home another Lombardi ( or two????? ), egos may get inflated and feelings may get hurt with the way we handle contract situations. For now though, we have a group of supremely talented players on the rise. I could argue that the anticipation of a new Championship Team is more exciting than actually winning one....well, I could..BUT I WONT!!! I WANT ANOTHER RING!!!!!! But you get my point. I just love this team from top to bottom and can't wait to welcome some more members into the family.

GO 9ERS!!
Agreed.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for the draft ( Even though I say the same way every April ) .

Having real football people steering the ship again feels amazing. Right now we are at the dawn of a GOLDEN age. All these young players buying into the system, playing as a single unit. No contract disputes, no holdouts, no drama. Im sure in 4-5 years if we bring home another Lombardi ( or two????? ), egos may get inflated and feelings may get hurt with the way we handle contract situations. For now though, we have a group of supremely talented players on the rise. I could argue that the anticipation of a new Championship Team is more exciting than actually winning one....well, I could..BUT I WONT!!! I WANT ANOTHER RING!!!!!! But you get my point. I just love this team from top to bottom and can't wait to welcome some more members into the family.

GO 9ERS!!

Figuring that the team has already been replenished thorougly in free agency, you can't help but wonder how the coaching staff will find a way to make the roster better.
i think a round 1 pick could be used better. trade or take other BPA
Just thought I'd compare Fleener to Davis. Being that Davis was a 6 pick, I don't see why Fleener isn't perfectly justified to be picked at 30. He's bigger, has better hands and is familiar with the system. I think he's worth 1 and 3 if we need to move a up a couple spots to snag him.

Fleener
6-6
247lbs
Last college season...34 catches for 667 yds and 10 TDs
4.45 / 40, 27reps

Davis
6-3
250lbs
Last college season...51 catches for 871 yds and 6TDs
4.38 / 40, 33reps
6th Overall
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Hard to imagine a trade offer good enough for me to pass on Fleener. Just take him... would help our offense so much.

rd 1 options:

1. OL / Cordy Glenn
2. WR / Coby Fleener
3. WR / Alshon Jeffery
4. WR / Stephen Hill
5. OL / Peter Konz

6. trade back

WR Coby Fleener?

LOLz... ooops... obvious typo.
thank goodness we have 2 of the best tight ends in the NFL and can afford to look elsewhere ? And not forget how great Delanie Walker is and has always been ?

Hope so.

Hard to imagine a trade offer good enough for me to pass on Fleener. Just take him... would help our offense so much.

rd 1 options:

1. OL / Cordy Glenn
2. WR / Coby Fleener
3. WR / Alshon Jeffery
4. WR / Stephen Hill
5. OL / Peter Konz

6. trade back

WR Coby Fleener?

LOLz... ooops... obvious typo.

I really hope it is a typo. Because if it isn't it shows that this TE-in-the-1st thing has reached clinical levels.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Apr 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM ]
Don't get why we would draft a TE. We have two capable ones already. Why not get a guard, cb or WR?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If the Niners grab him, fine. If they dont, fine. I think he is way overrated on this board. I dont that he is better than Walker and the dude isn't even a blocker (according to analysts). What good is a jumbo package with a non-blocking TE? You can clearly tell from Walker's interview that blocking is a big part of what the coach wants. If Fleener is just seen as a WR, I say we pass and get a real WR.

Yeah, a 6'6" tight-end who already runs better routes than a 6 foot h-back...what's to like???
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Don't get why we would draft a TE. We have two capable ones already. Why not get a guard, cb or WR?

That all depends on your definition of "capable." Delanie Walker went 7 games without a single catch on a team that played over 50% of its offensive snaps out of a 2 TE set.
Originally posted by UKNiner:
thank goodness we have 2 of the best tight ends in the NFL and can afford to look elsewhere ? And not forget how great Delanie Walker is and has always been ?

Hope so.

Really? How great has he been? Like I said before, Walker is the most overrated player on the 49ers. People shout his praises when the guy essentially should be the #3 TE in a 2 TE-based offense.
Share 49ersWebzone