LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Elvis Akpla - WR steal of the draft

this thread is filled with a surprising amount of anger.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This guy has been getting a lot of love from the webzone lately. Why did he transfer from Oregon? Was it just a matter of playing time? I don't know much about him.

He didnt play his first year, then redshirted his second at oregon. Transfered for guaranteed playing time. Fell through the cracks a bit in Oregon. No character issues what so ever. Got a scholorship, and i dont beleive his family has alot of money. The scholorship was the biggest factor for him going to montana ST. He is getting a great degree as well. Not a comunications degree like most athletes these days,

Cool. He looks very impressive in the highlight vids (most players do). A prospect from the FCS has to dominate at that level, and it looks like Akpla did just that. He also majored in cell biology and neuroscience . Definitely worth a later-round flier.
This guy has been getting a lot of love from the webzone lately. Why did he transfer from Oregon? Was it just a matter of playing time? I don't know much about him.

He didnt play his first year, then redshirted his second at oregon. Transfered for guaranteed playing time. Fell through the cracks a bit in Oregon. No character issues what so ever. Got a scholorship, and i dont beleive his family has alot of money. The scholorship was the biggest factor for him going to montana ST. He is getting a great degree as well. Not a comunications degree like most athletes these days,

Cool. He looks very impressive in the highlight vids (most players do). A prospect from the FCS has to dominate at that level, and it looks like Akpla did just that. He also majored in cell biology and neuroscience . Definitely worth a later-round flier.

Yea he is a class act and a bright kid, who made the choice to go to a small school mainly to secure his financial future. That shows his smarts right there. Alot of people have him undrafted, but i really think someone will fall in ,love with him and pick him in the fifth or sixth. Seattle and Denver could be possible landing spots since he is reginal.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Montana??

Again some of you are quick to show your ignorance and hate. Is the percentage high? no, but again folks from the city's seem to show their hatred, people out here just want to live and let live. If there are any prejudices up here it is based on ignorance, not on hate like in the citys.

Not to mention if your a black man, one of the only states where you stand a good chance to make the same amount as white men is montana, where they make 89% if not higher, the average wage of whites. Only 5 states can claim that, two of which are in the inland north west.

Your perceptions are ignorant.

s**t The first fur trading post in Montana was started by a black person.

Great post! It's pathetic in here sometimes.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Apr 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM ]
He also got the best of Trumaine Johnson. Scored a TD on him, where he worked him across the endzone pretty good..
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Montana??

Again some of you are quick to show your ignorance and hate. Is the percentage high? no, but again folks from the city's seem to show their hatred, people out here just want to live and let live. If there are any prejudices up here it is based on ignorance, not on hate like in the citys.

Not to mention if your a black man, one of the only states where you stand a good chance to make the same amount as white men is montana, where they make 89% if not higher, the average wage of whites. Only 5 states can claim that, two of which are in the inland north west.

I really shouldnt even acknowledge comments like those, but having lived in CA for 24 years of my life, and now living in the inland north west, i know for a fact that this area of the US gets a bad rap that simply isain't true. There are a LOT of conservatives here, but they are of the Libertarian variety. (other than the extremely religous parts, which are mostly communities that stick to themselves and dont bother anyone anyways.) If you come here to be left alone you will be just fine. If you come here to push your agenda on anyone you will be sorely sad you came, regardless of race.
whoops...ignore
[ Edited by supbaby on Apr 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Montana??

I really shouldnt even acknowledge comments like those, but having lived in CA for 24 years of my life, and now living in the inland north west, i know for a fact that this area of the US gets a bad rap that simply isain't true. There are a LOT of conservatives here, but they are of the Libertarian variety. (other than the extremely religous parts, which are mostly communities that stick to themselves and dont bother anyone anyways.) If you come here to be left alone you will be just fine. If you come here to push your agenda on anyone you will be sorely sad you came, regardless of race.

Smoke a blunt and chill bruh
[ Edited by supbaby on Apr 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM ]

How about uping your post count by posting something of significance.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM ]
Here is Akpla running routes recently.

He has been working out with Trumaine as well i beleive (who he worked for a TD last season).

he looks like he would fit the WC system pretty good! i d spend a 7th on him and develop him for a year or two. he could be the next victor cruz

How about uping your post count by posting something of significance.

Due to my location i am very familiar with Elvis Akpla. He originally was a Duck, and is from Oregon. Transferred to Montana ST. Was a track star long jumper in high school. Actually placed 15th in the nation in long jump i beleive.

He is also extremely bright majoring in Neuroscience and cell biology.

Yea i mean u see Victor Cruz his university really isn't a NCAAF school.
definitely worth a 6th rounder, let him and Kyle Williams battle it out in camp.

Moss
Manningham
Crabtree- needs to earn #1 in TC, hes #3 in my book at this time
2/3 round draft pick
Akpla/Williams
See some nice skills there. That catch is sick! Wonder about his separation speed at the pro level. I see him being a 6-7th rounder. Worth a shot. Definitely.
Share 49ersWebzone