LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 173 users in the forums

Elvis Akpla - WR steal of the draft

Montana ST. 6' 2" 185

I have been hyping this kid for awhile now on these boards. I feel he will be the WR steal of this draft or possibly as an UDFA. His game reminds me alot of Hines ward, but Elvis is the more gifted athlete. I want this kid bad, He can do it all. Fast off the line, runs great crisp routes, great hands, great body control, Will lay the wood on defenders, and has enough speed to take the shorts the distance......Discuss.

What round is he expectedd to be picked?
Late rounds or UDFA. Could be the Victor Cruz of this year. He has the body control hands and athleticism of Lloyd, and the work ethic, attitude, and unselfishness of hines ward.
Akpla ... Ackbar

Yea i've seen this dude play on TV and he is a next level WR but due to his little known school in football he will be a undrafted free agent. also Keshawn Martin could also be a possible UDFA choice.
No
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Apr 7, 2012 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by rafachivas12:
Yea i've seen this dude play on TV and he is a next level WR but due to his little known school in football he will be a undrafted free agent. also Keshawn Martin could also be a possible UDFA choice.

Due to my location i am very familiar with Elvis Akpla. He originally was a Duck, and is from Oregon. Transferred to Montana ST. Was a track star long jumper in high school. Actually placed 15th in the nation in long jump i beleive.

He is also extremely bright majoring in Neuroscience and cell biology.
  • mod
  • Veteran
whats a black man doing in Montana?
^^Grow up. There are plenty of black people in the inland NW, as well as other minorities. You show your ignorance and personal prejudices just by posting something like that.

I was born and raised in CA btw.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Montana??

This guy has been getting a lot of love from the webzone lately. Why did he transfer from Oregon? Was it just a matter of playing time? I don't know much about him.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Montana??

Again some of you are quick to show your ignorance and hate. Is the percentage high? no, but again folks from the city's seem to show their hatred, people out here just want to live and let live. If there are any prejudices up here it is based on ignorance, not on hate like in the citys.

Not to mention if your a black man, one of the only states where you stand a good chance to make the same amount as white men is montana, where they make 89% if not higher, the average wage of whites. Only 5 states can claim that, two of which are in the inland north west.

Your perceptions are ignorant.

s**t The first fur trading post in Montana was started by a black person.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This guy has been getting a lot of love from the webzone lately. Why did he transfer from Oregon? Was it just a matter of playing time? I don't know much about him.

He didnt play his first year, then redshirted his second at oregon. Transfered for guaranteed playing time. Fell through the cracks a bit in Oregon. No character issues what so ever. Got a scholorship, and i dont beleive his family has alot of money. The scholorship was the biggest factor for him going to montana ST. He is getting a great degree as well. Not a comunications degree like most athletes these days,
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM ]

Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

yea that same catch is posted in the OP. You found a beter quality video though. Guy has some of the best body control and hands of any WR i have seen coming out of college in a while. His highlights are full of catches that emphasis his body control.
Share 49ersWebzone