There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Originally posted by jreff22:
Floyd then Wright

this. might not be able to get either
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
I like Jeffery a lot, I just think Floyd has an edge, that edge being I think hes more NFL ready. Is Jeffery a boom or bust guy? His production this year might have teams wondering. I just like the way Floyd attacks the ball kinda reminds me of Calvin, the way Floyd and turn his body in mid air makes me drool lol

I'm not saying I don't like Floyd. I do! It's just that no one is stronger or goes and attacks the ball better than Jeffrey. Those are his two best strengths. The way he catches the ball with his hands could be a clinic compared to tons of NFL receivers and tight ends (including our own Vernon Davis and Ted Gin, and even Josh Morgan a little).

If strength and attacking the ball is the reason you like Floyd over Jeffrey I'm confused. I could see some other reasons, just not those two where Jeffrey is as good as anyone ever coming out of college. He's on par or better than Calvin Johnson was in those areas. He's also quicker off the line (even though Calvin is ultmately faster over distance with his smooth/long stride).
Originally posted by sfout:
Why would his production concern teams?

It doesn't/won't. That won't concern anyone that actually makes decisions, only a couple draft "experts" and the average fan.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
I like Jeffery a lot, I just think Floyd has an edge, that edge being I think hes more NFL ready. Is Jeffery a boom or bust guy? His production this year might have teams wondering. I just like the way Floyd attacks the ball kinda reminds me of Calvin, the way Floyd and turn his body in mid air makes me drool lol

I'm not saying I don't like Floyd. I do! It's just that no one is stronger or goes and attacks the ball better than Jeffrey. Those are his two best strengths. The way he catches the ball with his hands could be a clinic compared to tons of NFL receivers and tight ends (including our own Vernon Davis and Ted Gin, and even Josh Morgan a little).

th/long stride).If strength and attacking the ball is the reason you like Floyd over Jeffrey I'm confused. I could see some other reasons, just not those two where Jeffrey is as good as anyone ever coming out of college. He's on par or better than Calvin Johnson was in those areas. He's also quicker off the line (even though Calvin is ultmately faster over distance with his smoo

The knock on Jeffery is he's outa shape(soft),will run slow and not as productive as he should have been. So you trying to compare him to Megatron. Before Megatron was just Calvin, but he dominated like few other College receivers have. He also ran a 4.3 40 at 6'5''....Bad comparison IMO....They are both tall, not much else in common
Originally posted by davidboutte:

th/long stride).If strength and attacking the ball is the reason you like Floyd over Jeffrey I'm confused. I could see some other reasons, just not those two where Jeffrey is as good as anyone ever coming out of college. He's on par or better than Calvin Johnson was in those areas. He's also quicker off the line (even though Calvin is ultmately faster over distance with his smoo

The knock on Jeffery is he's outa shape(soft),will run slow and not as productive as he should have been. So you trying to compare him to Megatron. Before Megatron was just Calvin, but he dominated like few other College receivers have. He also ran a 4.3 40 at 6'5''....Bad comparison IMO....They are both tall, not much else in common

Jeffery isnt out of shape his QBs just sucked, banged up and fun n gun went heavy on the run. Jeffery has never had a cut up profile and to anyone thinking hes lazy just doesnt know what it is to be on a Spurrier team. Spurrier wont and never has tolerated half assing from any players. Jeffery has and went to class,work, practice, training, investigation commitee, 2 QBs all this year. Gamecock pass offensive numbers really dipped as far as passing because of stud RB, s**t QBs, ol fun n gun, and injuries. Jeffery dominated the SEC until this year when USCs offense imploded because Garcia lost his damn mind n Shaw would rather tuck n run than pass but that could be fun n gun im not to sure. Jeffery was and is as close to Megatron since maybe Green but has better hands n jumps than either imo. His speed could be a issue but at 6ft4 230-240 a 4.5 combined with his blocking hes VJax without the character issues. Its also possible that he surprises people like Megatron and runs a ridiculus fast 40. Megatron wasnt a 4.3 guy until he actually ran that in another dudes shoes. Check archives for yourself if you need to. Theres a reason why every major scout is high on Jeffery and its mainly because he can dominate CBs when his QBs can actually pass the ball half way decent, his blocking, character, jumps and his hands. Only way Jeffery is the #3 WR is if Wright another stud WR runs a 4.3. Seriously other than that hes everything you want n need for a #1 big WR. Hes a perfect fit for a WCO n JH 49er team. His man boob will go away once hes on a NFL training/diet regimen and stays away from the fat back, chitluns n beans n rice. Buddy is real country and you can tell from his interviews or ever been down south.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
alshon jeffery has man titties

#t=54s
I'm on the Marvin McNutt wagon. His route running is very polished from what I heard. He can be our Marques Colston or Vincent Jackson.

Big size, adequate speed.

http://thegazette.com/2011/11/14/marvin-mcnutt-isnt-among-the-top-10-college-wide-receivers/
If Jeffery or Sanu are not available in the first round, I'd be happy with the Niners selecting a CB in the first round and going after Nick Toon (sounds like a bad cable network cartoon in the early 90's) in the second round.
The 2010 version of Jeffrey would be the #2 WR this year. If you go by 2011 standards, it's Floyd in a landslide.
Originally posted by sfout:
I wouldn't worry about any of these two players off field issues with this coaching staff and organization. With having said that, I really like these two guys size and speed, very similar. My guess is that Jeffery will most likely be available when we pick but if im going to choose I would choose Floyd. I just think he is stronger than Jeffery and attacks the ball better. I can see Floyd being a much bigger impact player coming out of the gate than Jeffery.

What ever would make you think this? This is what makes Jeffery so special! He's as strong a WR and goes and gets the ball as good as anyone that has ever come out of college.

Why would his production concern teams? His teams star running back was gone for more then half the year and the starting QB got kicked off the team around the same time. Considering their back up got him those #'s I'd be pretty excited he posted the stats that he did.

Also you just have to look at 2 quarters of football during the bowl game. Dennard gave up 3 receptions for 100 yards on him. Jeffery had him beat on multiple occasions and the QB either over threw him or got sacked. I'm not even taking into account the hail mary because that was Jeffery on 3 CBs including Dennard. Even then the fact that he had the concentration to go up and pul the ball out of the air, come back down, tuck the football away and sidestep Dennard then dive for goal line. That single play epitomizes his skill level.

Jeffery is a beast. If he is the guy we get then so be it. The coaching staff knows what they're doing and I trust them if they pick Sanu or Jeffery.

Right I like Jeffery.............

I never made the speed comparison lol
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Jeffery isnt out of shape his QBs just sucked, banged up and fun n gun went heavy on the run. Jeffery has never had a cut up profile and to anyone thinking hes lazy just doesnt know what it is to be on a Spurrier team. Spurrier wont and never has tolerated half assing from any players. Jeffery has and went to class,work, practice, training, investigation commitee, 2 QBs all this year. Gamecock pass offensive numbers really dipped as far as passing because of stud RB, s**t QBs, ol fun n gun, and injuries. Jeffery dominated the SEC until this year when USCs offense imploded because Garcia lost his damn mind n Shaw would rather tuck n run than pass but that could be fun n gun im not to sure. Jeffery was and is as close to Megatron since maybe Green but has better hands n jumps than either imo. His speed could be a issue but at 6ft4 230-240 a 4.5 combined with his blocking hes VJax without the character issues. Its also possible that he surprises people like Megatron and runs a ridiculus fast 40. Megatron wasnt a 4.3 guy until he actually ran that in another dudes shoes. Check archives for yourself if you need to. Theres a reason why every major scout is high on Jeffery and its mainly because he can dominate CBs when his QBs can actually pass the ball half way decent, his blocking, character, jumps and his hands. Only way Jeffery is the #3 WR is if Wright another stud WR runs a 4.3. Seriously other than that hes everything you want n need for a #1 big WR. Hes a perfect fit for a WCO n JH 49er team. His man boob will go away once hes on a NFL training/diet regimen and stays away from the fat back, chitluns n beans n rice. Buddy is real country and you can tell from his interviews or ever been down south.
My question is why most scouts have Alshon Jeffery out of the 1st round?

I've read COUNTLESS comparisons that confirm exactly what I think. I'm not the only one that compares him to Calvin.
My question is why most scouts have Alshon Jeffery out of the 1st round?

Which scouts have you talked to about it?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The 2010 version of Jeffrey would be the #2 WR this year. If you go by 2011 standards, it's Floyd in a landslide.

And what changed in 2011? Did Jeffrey suddenly forget how to play? Or was his starting QB kicked off the team and the backup Connor Shaw a bit limited in his ability to get Jeffrey the ball? My bet is the latter.

Jeffrey's height and ability to play the ball make him in a sense always open. Just throw the ball up to him. Creates matchup problems with his size and gives us another big target in the redzone aside from Vernon. My favorite WR in the draft so far.