LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You mean that after he gets paid a s**tload of money he'll be even more motivated to keep the weight off?

its called a weight clause

hakeem nicks anthony davis all had weight problems in college worked out fine for them

and he was fine playing in games he looked slimmer and slimmer every game its just the offseason he doesnt work out and who knows what that reason is
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
its called a weight clause

hakeem nicks anthony davis all had weight problems in college worked out fine for them

and he was fine playing in games he looked slimmer and slimmer every game its just the offseason he doesnt work out and who knows what that reason is

Remember when that guy Jerry Rice used to f**k off all offseason and show up to training camp looking chubby?

Me neither. In college, if you've got enough talent, you can mess around and still do well. In the pro game, you're going to get crushed. The interviews with Jeffery are going to be very crucial and telling. The last thing you want to do is draft a lazy-ass dude who isn't putting in the work once the bankroll is rolling in and 3 years down the road he's out of the league.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
As of 2/16/12, the top 10 WR's on my board
1) Blackmon
2) K. Wright
3) Sanu
4) Quick
5) J. Wright
6) Floyd
7) Randle
8) Jones
9) Criner
10) Graham
I'm not saying that Wright isn't good, I just think he is rated too high. Not just you, I saw Maylock had him at #2 as well. I think Floyd is a beast. Notre Dame played 3 different Qbs this year and none of them were that great. Floyd was still a beast all year.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I'm not saying that Wright isn't good, I just think he is rated too high. Not just you, I saw Maylock had him at #2 as well. I think Floyd is a beast. Notre Dame played 3 different Qbs this year and none of them were that great. Floyd was still a beast all year.

Wright is just much more explosive. Floyd's not going to get the same amount of separation in the pro's, his ceiling is basically Crabtree. Wright is perfect as a slot guy, really quick, can go down field, stretch the defense, guys like that aren't easy to find.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Remember when that guy Jerry Rice used to f**k off all offseason and show up to training camp looking chubby?

Me neither. In college, if you've got enough talent, you can mess around and still do well. In the pro game, you're going to get crushed. The interviews with Jeffery are going to be very crucial and telling. The last thing you want to do is draft a lazy-ass dude who isn't putting in the work once the bankroll is rolling in and 3 years down the road he's out of the league.
we will see if he works in offseason

all our players do a lot of work it probablly will rub off as him being #1 WR

he had a crappy qb situation and prob didnt work out with them because no1 asked him to work out during the offseason
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
That report no doubt came from his agent (paid by Jeffery) or his trainer (paid by agent). As for the time, he can "hope" to run 4.0; hope doesn't mean anything tangible. I hope that I lose 20 pounds of body fat in my sleep tonight and replace it with 15 pounds of muscle and 5 pounds of wang. I'll keep you posted

it came from a guy on scout.com

and why would the trainer lie?
he would lose all credibility and clients which extends to the mlb and nba as well

You're kidding, right? The report did not originate from the writer at Scout.com, it originated from that writer's source, who, like I said is undoubtedly on the athlete's payroll. Second, these trainers lie all the time because it is in their best interest to lie. When they play up the workouts and results of their clients, then any results that are not consistent with their reported expectations can be played off as a result of a bad day, and not a result that is consistent with the training of the athlete. Pay attention to the reports coming from these training facilities. The reported training times are almost always faster than what they run in Indy, and the shape they are reported to be in is usually much better. Andre Smith's trainer said he was going to "turn heads" at his pro day. He didn't specify that they were turning their heads to vomit at the sight of the bouncing moobs. Look, I don't know what this kid is going to do in Indy, but putting stock in reports that can only be originating from someone he is paying is just not reliable or persuasive.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
You're kidding, right? The report did not originate from the writer at Scout.com, it originated from that writer's source, who, like I said is undoubtedly on the athlete's payroll. Second, these trainers lie all the time because it is in their best interest to lie. When they play up the workouts and results of their clients, then any results that are not consistent with their reported expectations can be played off as a result of a bad day, and not a result that is consistent with the training of the athlete. Pay attention to the reports coming from these training facilities. The reported training times are almost always faster than what they run in Indy, and the shape they are reported to be in is usually much better. Andre Smith's trainer said he was going to "turn heads" at his pro day. He didn't specify that they were turning their heads to vomit at the sight of the bouncing moobs. Look, I don't know what this kid is going to do in Indy, but putting stock in reports that can only be originating from someone he is paying is just not reliable or persuasive.

he is lying and leaks about his weight 3 days before te combine

that makes 0 sense
he is lying and leaks about his weight 3 days before te combine

that makes 0 sense

happens EVERY YEAR. Seriously, every single year, some guys show up weighing more, looking worse, and running slower than "reports" say they will. Think b ack to the article that you read. Did the writer reveal his source? Of course he didn't. Anonymous sources don't exactly have the best record for accurate info (recall: Harbaugh reports last JAN, all the "lockout is almost done" or "players union about to dissolve" reports last May and June). Fact is, anonymous sources can say whatever they want, and they always have an agenda. It's hard to lose credibility when your name isn't used.
Share 49ersWebzone