LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

If we are drafting between picks 26-32 would you trade back?

If we are drafting between picks 26-32 would you trade back?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The later portion of the first round is often times a place where the best avaliable interior offensive linemen began to be selected, and we will have two major holes to fill in the next few years, at right guard and center. A trade back is always a consideration, especially if future consideration is impressive.

Why do you consider C such an urgent need? Goodwin is playing well and signed a 3 year deal. Yes we will have to address that at some point and maybe soon, but I don't think it's all that pressing right now. As far as OG is concerned I agree with you. Who know's if Snyder will be back. We don't know exactly what this staff thinks of him, and he may get more money to go else where.
Harbaugh will pick the MPA, meanest player available.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this coming draft will be the first in a LONG time that I won't be very excited about.

I'll be more excited than usual, simply to see a contending team further fill out its ranks. More help in the secondary, more interior offensive line depth, possibly another TE, a DE and better depth at receiver is what I'm looking for.
I am all for trading UP. We have a young, balanced team. At this point I think we can target a specific player and try to go get him. Obviously we won't be able to trade up into the top 5 without giving up a king's ransom, but I think we could definitely trade up into the mid-teens to get an impact player
[ Edited by Draftology on Nov 15, 2011 at 8:23 PM ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Kellen Moore
  • titan
  • Veteran
That's where the good players drop due to other teams needs.
depending on FA i would love to trade up maybe even 10+ spots to get an impact player

if edwards leaves i wouldnt mind trading up to get ashton jeffery or floyd

(blackmon is an impossible dream)
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The later portion of the first round is often times a place where the best avaliable interior offensive linemen began to be selected, and we will have two major holes to fill in the next few years, at right guard and center. A trade back is always a consideration, especially if future consideration is impressive.

Why do you consider C such an urgent need? Goodwin is playing well and signed a 3 year deal. Yes we will have to address that at some point and maybe soon, but I don't think it's all that pressing right now. As far as OG is concerned I agree with you. Who know's if Snyder will be back. We don't know exactly what this staff thinks of him, and he may get more money to go else where.

Yeah Goodwin is playing damn good. No need to bring in a rook, especially a high round guy.

Have bigger needs than a Center. CB, WR, FS all come to mind 1st.
According to the draft value chart the #30 pick is worth 620. The #40 pick is worth 500, and the middle to late 3rd round is when the value gets to the 120 range. So trading back we could expects at least an early to mid 2nd and a 3rd....
I want Justin Blackmon so if anything I think we should trade up. But really it depends on who is there and what we get in return. Say we trade into top 5 second round plus get a 3rd. If sanu falls a lil we could still land him and a db n round 2 and have an extra pick n round 3

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I have an issue with trading all the way up, you need to give up a boatload to get whoever. And I would rather stay pat and draft the BPA.

Very true. Couldn't you see Trent Richardson as our next back for the future though?
The more I think about a move the more I think it should happen. So many fringe guys are sitting at the top of the 2nd round, might be the best place to go. Getting an additional early 2nd and 3rd would be so crucial. Going CB and WR then C and OG could put us in a position to get 3-4 possible starters at a cheap price.

Walking away with Minnifield and D Jones then getting B Jones and Zeitler would be a home run.

And I know we need a FS but this draft class is so weak it seems like pulling the trigger on one for the sake of getting one is a bad idea.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Here are my targets;

Rd 1.

WR- Mohamed Sanu(Rutgers) & Ryan Broyles(Oklahoma)
NT- Brandon Thompson(Clemson) & Alameda Ta'amu(Washington)
DE- Jared Crick(Nebraska), Jerel Worthy(Michigan State) & Billy Winn(Boise State)
CB- Alfonzo Dennard(Nebraska), Stephen Gilmore(South Carolina), Chase Minniefield(Virginia) & Janoris Jenkins(N.Alabama)
OG- David DeCastro(Stanford) & Cordy Glenn(Georgia)

Rd 2.

CB- Cliff Harris(Oregon), Jamel Fleming(Oklahoma State), Jayron Hosley(Virginia Tech) & Brandon Boykin(Georgia)
FS- Robert Lester(Alabama) & Vaughn Telemaque(Miami Fla.)
NT- Josh Chapman(Alabama)
DE- Kheeston Randall(Texas), Kaleb Ramsey(Texas) & Marcus Forston(Miami Fla.)
WR- Greg Childs(Arkansas), Juron Criner(Arizona) & Jeff Fuller(Texas A&M)
OLB- Donte Paige-Moss(North Carolina) & Vinny Curry(Marshall)

Rd 3.

QB- Kirk Cousins(Michigan State), Ryan Lindley(San Diego State), Nick Foles(Arizona) & Ryan Tannehill(Texas A&M)
OG- Lucas Nix(Pittsburgh) & Chris Jacobson(Pittsburgh)
FS- TJ McDonald(USC) & Harrison Smith(Notre Dame)
OLB- Sean Spence(Miami Fla.), Tank Carder(TCU) & Brandon Lindsey(Pittsburgh)
CB- Keith Tandy(West Virginia), Shaun Prater(Iowa) & Casey Hayward(Vanderbilt)
WR- Dwight Jones(North Carolina) & DeVier Posey(Ohio State)

Very nice list AB!

No Floyd or Jeffereys in the first? What about Konz as a C/OG? I'm thinking that either WR or OG will be picked in the first. Can you imagine if we picked DeCastro? Dang! He already knows this offense. Stick him in and call it day. Sure he would compete, but he seems to have it and could unseat Snyder and relegate him back to backup status.

IDK, but I think that WR maybe our target in the first round.

Also, don't we need another OLB pass rusher to provide some depth. All we have is three right now, right?? Aldon, Ahmad and Parys is not enough.

Out of all our needs though, no other prospect "fits" better than DeCastro. He's a RG, a true need for us, in Harbaugh's system. Stick him in, it's done. LOL

Then get Sanu in the second.
As of now the lowest we will draft is 25th...

21 Cincinnati 9-7 .492
22 Cleveland (from Atlanta) 10-6 .480
23 Detroit 10-6 .535
24 Pittsburgh 12-4 .492
25P Denver 8-8 .520 26P NY Giants 9-7 .520
27P Houston 10-6 .453
28P Baltimore 12-4 .477
29P New England (from New Orleans) 13-3 .441
30P San Francisco 13-3 .449
31P New England 13-3 .449
32P Green Bay 15-1 .457
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Draftology:
I am all for trading UP. We have a young, balanced team. At this point I think we can target a specific player and try to go get him. Obviously we won't be able to trade up into the top 5 without giving up a king's ransom, but I think we could definitely trade up into the mid-teens to get an impact player

Your logic can be applied to trading back as well. It all depends on how the players' stock shakes out. What if we love a guy who is due to go in the mid 40's rather than any of the guys in the late 20's early 30's. This entire question of trading back depends on where guy we want is projected to go, everyone said Baalke reached for Aldon, that he wasn't due to go until the mid teens, and look how well that turned out. So maybe Baalke will end up selecting a guy a couple spots earlier then expected once again.

My opinion will change once the "draft bowls" and combine happen but until I absolutely fall in love with guy I am content to watch and wait for our 1st pick.
Share 49ersWebzone