LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

If we are drafting between picks 26-32 would you trade back?

If we are drafting between picks 26-32 would you trade back?

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Based on how Baalke/JH handled this draft, I'd feel confident whatever they do.

I trust in Baalke and know he can pick productive players for the team. I went crazy when he draft Culliver, Kilgore, and Miller... they already have shown promise in their rookie years.
The later portion of the first round is often times a place where the best avaliable interior offensive linemen began to be selected, and we will have two major holes to fill in the next few years, at right guard and center. A trade back is always a consideration, especially if future consideration is impressive.
only if there are no RG's or centers available
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Oct 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I hope Blackmon starts smoking blunts and gets suspended for the rest of the year. That way he can fall to us like Bryant did to the cowgirls.

time to initiate Operation: Frame Blackmon

...Not to be confused with the law enforcement program, Operation: Frame Black Man.

Lol hella funny
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The later portion of the first round is often times a place where the best avaliable interior offensive linemen began to be selected, and we will have two major holes to fill in the next few years, at right guard and center. A trade back is always a consideration, especially if future consideration is impressive.

I know you have pointed out a few guys but if the teams behind us aren't looking at those guys I would be cool bumping back and picking up more picks.
I will leave it up to Trent & Jim
It would be nice to get a future #1 pick and maybe an extra 2nd. But we have 13 Weeks of football still
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

I know you have pointed out a few guys but if the teams behind us aren't looking at those guys I would be cool bumping back and picking up more picks.
How do you figure out what other team are thinking?
Originally posted by Paul:
no because the last time we did we.....

but in all seriousness... depends on the player, what we get in return ect.. Each week I'm having so much more faith in Harbaugh

yeah but that was a clusterf**k of trades. i do not think this front office is that incompetent.(?)
its going to be like last years draft. were going to pick players that isnt"popular" then the haters going to get mad and call out harbaugh and trent

Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by jreff22:

How do you figure out what other team are thinking?

needs and wants can show a bit of insight
I wouldnt mind if we traded for an additional 1st round pick and used our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks and maybe another pick in the next years draft to do it

we could grab two potential starters with 2 first round picks ...that would be AWESOME
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Here are my targets;

Rd 1.

WR- Mohamed Sanu(Rutgers) & Ryan Broyles(Oklahoma)
NT- Brandon Thompson(Clemson) & Alameda Ta'amu(Washington)
DE- Jared Crick(Nebraska), Jerel Worthy(Michigan State) & Billy Winn(Boise State)
CB- Alfonzo Dennard(Nebraska), Stephen Gilmore(South Carolina), Chase Minniefield(Virginia) & Janoris Jenkins(N.Alabama)
OG- David DeCastro(Stanford) & Cordy Glenn(Georgia)

Rd 2.

CB- Cliff Harris(Oregon), Jamel Fleming(Oklahoma State), Jayron Hosley(Virginia Tech) & Brandon Boykin(Georgia)
FS- Robert Lester(Alabama) & Vaughn Telemaque(Miami Fla.)
NT- Josh Chapman(Alabama)
DE- Kheeston Randall(Texas), Kaleb Ramsey(Texas) & Marcus Forston(Miami Fla.)
WR- Greg Childs(Arkansas), Juron Criner(Arizona) & Jeff Fuller(Texas A&M)
OLB- Donte Paige-Moss(North Carolina) & Vinny Curry(Marshall)

Rd 3.

QB- Kirk Cousins(Michigan State), Ryan Lindley(San Diego State), Nick Foles(Arizona) & Ryan Tannehill(Texas A&M)
OG- Lucas Nix(Pittsburgh) & Chris Jacobson(Pittsburgh)
FS- TJ McDonald(USC) & Harrison Smith(Notre Dame)
OLB- Sean Spence(Miami Fla.), Tank Carder(TCU) & Brandon Lindsey(Pittsburgh)
CB- Keith Tandy(West Virginia), Shaun Prater(Iowa) & Casey Hayward(Vanderbilt)
WR- Dwight Jones(North Carolina) & DeVier Posey(Ohio State)

is that the position order you would wish to draft in the specific rounds as well? ex. RD 1 you would want WR or NT picked first.
Trade our first for another 2nd or 3rd, we seem to hit on picks in the 3rd-5th rounds.. so any extra round picks will help us.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Here are my targets;

Rd 1.

WR- Mohamed Sanu(Rutgers) & Ryan Broyles(Oklahoma)
NT- Brandon Thompson(Clemson) & Alameda Ta'amu(Washington)
DE- Jared Crick(Nebraska), Jerel Worthy(Michigan State) & Billy Winn(Boise State)
CB- Alfonzo Dennard(Nebraska), Stephen Gilmore(South Carolina), Chase Minniefield(Virginia) & Janoris Jenkins(N.Alabama)
OG- David DeCastro(Stanford) & Cordy Glenn(Georgia)

Rd 2.

CB- Cliff Harris(Oregon), Jamel Fleming(Oklahoma State), Jayron Hosley(Virginia Tech) & Brandon Boykin(Georgia)
FS- Robert Lester(Alabama) & Vaughn Telemaque(Miami Fla.)
NT- Josh Chapman(Alabama)
DE- Kheeston Randall(Texas), Kaleb Ramsey(Texas) & Marcus Forston(Miami Fla.)
WR- Greg Childs(Arkansas), Juron Criner(Arizona) & Jeff Fuller(Texas A&M)
OLB- Donte Paige-Moss(North Carolina) & Vinny Curry(Marshall)

Rd 3.

QB- Kirk Cousins(Michigan State), Ryan Lindley(San Diego State), Nick Foles(Arizona) & Ryan Tannehill(Texas A&M)
OG- Lucas Nix(Pittsburgh) & Chris Jacobson(Pittsburgh)
FS- TJ McDonald(USC) & Harrison Smith(Notre Dame)
OLB- Sean Spence(Miami Fla.), Tank Carder(TCU) & Brandon Lindsey(Pittsburgh)
CB- Keith Tandy(West Virginia), Shaun Prater(Iowa) & Casey Hayward(Vanderbilt)
WR- Dwight Jones(North Carolina) & DeVier Posey(Ohio State)

is that the position order you would wish to draft in the specific rounds as well? ex. RD 1 you would want WR or NT picked first.

No, I just wrote them down on a dry erase board in that order. Honestly I would rather look at a CB then WR. But I think if picking that low there will be a run on Corners a little while before in the 1st round.

I'd be fine with a draft like Sanu, Lester and Tandy in rd's 1-3, or Dennard(if there), Lester or Chapman, and Dwight Jones
Share 49ersWebzone