LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

If we are drafting between picks 26-32 would you trade back?

If we are drafting between picks 26-32 would you trade back?

like draftology said

im all for trading up

we are 1 CB and 1 WR maybe frm being a great offensive and great defensive team

i think culliver future is bright and brwn has really developed well this year and of course we have rogers

luckily fr us this is a deep draft in both but imo WR is a much bigger need so if we were to trade up for floyd or jeffery im all in favor of that

however i wouldnt mind staying put to draft sanu either
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
like draftology said

im all for trading up

i think culliver future is bright and brwn has really developed well this year and of course we have rogers

luckily fr us this is a deep draft in both but imo WR is a much bigger need so if we were to trade up for floyd or jeffery im all in favor of that

Floyd could be gone in the top 10, Alshon is a bit of an enigma at this point....he could fall to us
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
like draftology said

im all for trading up

Floyd could be gone in the top 10, Alshon is a bit of an enigma at this point....he could fall to us

i dont think it would be a good idea to trade up that much

i am never willing to give up a future first round pick ..you never know wh will come out or who will fall to us next year

oly way i trade a 1st is to a young proven player
Only okay with trading back if we land enough ammunition to trade up into the 3rd round to have two 2nds, and two 3rds. In that case we could end up with enough ammunition to get any combination of a good mix of OG/C, WR, CB, and OLB.

For example:

2. OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
2. C Ben Jones, Georgia
3. WR Tommy Streeter, Miami*
3. CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt

I don't think it's entirely impossible for Hayward to crack the 4th round, but I thinks it's extremely unlikely. With his smarts and instincts, it's going to take a very poor 40-time for that to happen. Regardless, he wouldn't make it to our 4th round pick.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Only okay with trading back if we land enough ammunition to trade up into the 3rd round to have two 2nds, and two 3rds. In that case we could end up with enough ammunition to get any combination of a good mix of OG/C, WR, CB, and OLB.

For example:

2. C Ben Jones, Georgia

I don't think it's entirely impossible for Hayward to crack the 4th round, but I thinks it's extremely unlikely. With his smarts and instincts, it's going to take a very poor 40-time for that to happen. Regardless, he wouldn't make it to our 4th round pick.

that's why I would rather trade back and get 4 solid kids in 2 rounds
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Draftology:
I am all for trading UP. We have a young, balanced team. At this point I think we can target a specific player and try to go get him. Obviously we won't be able to trade up into the top 5 without giving up a king's ransom, but I think we could definitely trade up into the mid-teens to get an impact player

Your logic can be applied to trading back as well. It all depends on how the players' stock shakes out. What if we love a guy who is due to go in the mid 40's rather than any of the guys in the late 20's early 30's. This entire question of trading back depends on where guy we want is projected to go, everyone said Baalke reached for Aldon, that he wasn't due to go until the mid teens, and look how well that turned out. So maybe Baalke will end up selecting a guy a couple spots earlier then expected once again.

My opinion will change once the "draft bowls" and combine happen but until I absolutely fall in love with guy I am content to watch and wait for our 1st pick.
I agree. I am just saying that if we think a guy like Alshon Jeffery is going to be a star, we can afford to trade up a few spots without being worried about our team being too thin.
Originally posted by sfout:
I am all for trading UP. We have a young, balanced team. At this point I think we can target a specific player and try to go get him. Obviously we won't be able to trade up into the top 5 without giving up a king's ransom, but I think we could definitely trade up into the mid-teens to get an impact player

Your logic can be applied to trading back as well. It all depends on how the players' stock shakes out. What if we love a guy who is due to go in the mid 40's rather than any of the guys in the late 20's early 30's. This entire question of trading back depends on where guy we want is projected to go, everyone said Baalke reached for Aldon, that he wasn't due to go until the mid teens, and look how well that turned out. So maybe Baalke will end up selecting a guy a couple spots earlier then expected once again.

My opinion will change once the "draft bowls" and combine happen but until I absolutely fall in love with guy I am content to watch and wait for our 1st pick.
I agree. I am just saying that if we think a guy like Alshon Jeffery is going to be a star, we can afford to trade up a few spots without being worried about our team being too thin.

he could be the 2nd WR taken or the 6th.....he is so hard to judge
Hell yeah!

It's a marathon, not a sprint. if we have a chance to upgrade the value of our picks, we should take it. You can know we may not like the results this year, we'll love them next when we have to first round picks.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

For example:

2. C Ben Jones, Georgia

that's why I would rather trade back and get 4 solid kids in 2 rounds

This is pure "win" by the way. I nominate you as GM for the the dates of April 26-28, seriously couldn't have picked aa better scenario myself. Even though I'm not a tommy streeter fan at all, I would much rather have McNutt, Quick, Fuller or even Criner then him. But I absolutely love the idea of picking Bruce Irvin, Hayward, and Jones. Has Irvin officially declared yet, or is it kind of a given?? I would love to get him our team.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
double post glitch
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]

the lowest we can draft is 29th
the lowest we can draft is 29th

Highest

For example:

2. C Ben Jones, Georgia

i could def. see Baalke doing this! it would definitely follow his philosophy of building thru the draft and these kids are monsters! Good research
Originally posted by AC49er:
I will leave it up to Trent & Jim

Thanks for sharing.
bump
Share 49ersWebzone