There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Robert Griffin III Baylor QB

Originally posted by valrod33:
That doesnt mean he has more potential than say an Andy Dalton.

Apple and oranges-only time will tell.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I've been reading some scouts prefer him to Luck.... with how well Newton has played this year I would be shocked to see Griffin make it out of the top 5
Originally posted by WildBill:
That doesnt mean he has more potential than say an Andy Dalton.

Apple and oranges-only time will tell.

read the rest of the conversation
RG III goin to Cleeeeevland
RGIII wouldnt even be considered a first round pick if it werent for the success Cam Newton is having
RGIII is nothing like Cam Newton, he's better, by a long shot.

He just can't run over people like Newton and is more likely to get hurt. But he is a GREAT passer and one of the fastest QBs in the game.
RGIII wouldnt even be considered a first round pick if it werent for the success Cam Newton is having

You could be right, but his performance this season has been excellent. The accuracy, the touch on deep passes, his ability to run and make a play, and on top of all that, the guy's humble and has a good head on his shoulders. Teams love that.

you're such a hater

no doubt Cam's success has helped, but RG3 is a much better prospect than Cam and was discussed as a 2nd round pick before the start of the season, you're not trying to argue that he became a first round prospect ONLY because of Cam's success, are you?
I'm one of his biggest supporters, but here's a great look at what some of his downsides are, pretty much what separates Luck from him right now

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8254ff24/article/with-barkley-now-out-of-picture-attention-turns-to-griffin?module=HP11_cp
I would love love love to get him!

Our redzone woes would end
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I'm one of his biggest supporters, but here's a great look at what some of his downsides are, pretty much what separates Luck from him right now

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8254ff24/article/with-barkley-now-out-of-picture-attention-turns-to-griffin?module=HP11_cp

So what I got from that article was:

-Baylor's offensive system made it easy on him when it came to play calling and reading defenses (the EXACT same argument about Newton last year)
-He completed 72 percent of his passes but most of those are 7 or 8 yards past the line of scrimmage so that number is flawed. Most of EVERY QB's throws are are the short to medium variety. Pro QBs aren't chucking the ball 30 yards down field every play. Do these scouts watch any game with Tom Brady? It's all short to intermediate.
-He has the propensity to take big hits which could leave him as an injury risk. (Easy, teach him to slide and/or surround him with a good offensive line.

Not saying that they don't have their reasons, but to me it seemed like it's more that they were reaching. The kid has all the physical tools that you could imagine and he clearly has the intelligence and passion to learn the pro system.
Cam he is not, but Tebowmania probably has a lot of NFL coaches thinking that reshaping your offense to your QB's skills might be the way to go.
Watching some highlights, I can't see how he makes it past a full season in the NFL if he runs like he does in college. He takes a lot of hard hits, and just doesn't seem built to take that punishment.
Could be steal of the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
you're such a hater

no doubt Cam's success has helped, but RG3 is a much better prospect than Cam and was discussed as a 2nd round pick before the start of the season, you're not trying to argue that he became a first round prospect ONLY because of Cam's success, are you?

No way!!!!