LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Robert Griffin III Baylor QB

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
exactly, he's gonna go to a traditionally s**tty franchise, but hey good luck to him

This is the NFL..... Its easy to change a franchise with the right people running it and I assume Mike Holmgren is.

Browns fans are starting to get irritated with Mike
Originally posted by jreff22:
exactly, he's gonna go to a traditionally s**tty franchise, but hey good luck to him

This is the NFL..... Its easy to change a franchise with the right people running it and I assume Mike Holmgren is.

What gives you that impression? Random online sources?
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

I have friends born and raised in Cleveland, are Browns fans, and have a better beat on the team then you generally do. Also my fiancees family are Cleveland and Cincinnati fans.
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

Probably true, for the fact that they still suck. Fans want results.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/158823-robert-griffin-iii-baylor/page4/search=robert%20griffin

Post #54

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Like I've been saying from the beginning, Griffin is the next best QB behind Luck, and it's not by all that much.

Then for fun..

Originally posted by valrod33:
Im making sure its on record. He will be a bust in the NFL

I disagree. I think he'll be at least a solid pro. His deep ball is an absolute thing of beauty.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/158823-robert-griffin-iii-baylor/page4/search=robert%20griffin

Post #54

Like I've been saying from the beginning, Griffin is the next best QB behind Luck, and it's not by all that much.

Then for fun..

Originally posted by valrod33:
Im making sure its on record. He will be a bust in the NFL

I disagree. I think he'll be at least a solid pro. His deep ball is an absolute thing of beauty.

He had a pretty good year. But the problem of his very thin body and running style came back to haunt him and now his knee is torn up. Now I know it wasn't a run play that he got hurt on, but his scrambling style puts him and his body at risk, espicially the knees. Becuase he is either going to "break someone's ankle" by juking them or he is going to get hit when his knees aren't prepared. I've always been biased against running/scrambling QBs because I think it hinders their development and will eventually lead to injuries.

Word on the surgery was the damage was worse then first thought, good news it was Dr. Andrews operating on him. On the radio they said he might miss the start of next season.

Oddly, Kirk Cousins was my sleeper QB in the draft. I hope he gets a chance to show he can play with RG3 resting that knee so when he comes back its 100%.

I like RG3, he seems like a good person. But I think he needs to change his style some to save his body.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Really looks good but he's an injury waiting to happen.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
Something tells me he is a bit overhyped. Or is it his injury, if so, he shouldn't be out there. He looks horrible.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Something tells me he is a bit overhyped. Or is it his injury, if so, he shouldn't be out there. He looks horrible.

I watched a piece on ESPN that compared his throwing mechanics from foot placement all the way down to release. Huge difference between pre-injury compared to post-injury.

He's still not right by a long shot. Honestly, I think the Redskins have handled his injury the wrong way since the beginning. I think it's partially his fault though because he kindof forces their hand to let him play.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I think it's the fault of the Redskins. Cousins stepped in and did very well for them last year, look at the rehab we've put Tank and Lattimore on, we've red shirted them and started again.

If I was running the Skins I'd have protected RG3 as an investment and started with Cousins this season until I was 100% certain on Griffin.

Originally posted by eonblue:
I watched a piece on ESPN that compared his throwing mechanics from foot placement all the way down to release. Huge difference between pre-injury compared to post-injury.

He's still not right by a long shot. Honestly, I think the Redskins have handled his injury the wrong way since the beginning. I think it's partially his fault though because he kindof forces their hand to let him play.

The injury should of been handled differently there is no question. whats the point in rushing back to suck? It should have been handled keeping in mind the best thing for the player and not the best thing for the redskins. to much money and to many egos involved i guess.
Share 49ersWebzone