FCUK Robert Quinn

Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'm on board.

Left window lol
Originally posted by thuglife619:
I'm on board.

Left window lol

Ill roll the blunt so we can cruise a blaze.
Quinn's size and speed are impressive but did that video say his 4th state championship as a heavy weight wrestler? Wow. All in all, he looks like a good choice at #7.
Quinn kind of reminds me of Terrell Suggs. I like Miller's motor and speed, but think Miller is a little undersized compared to Quinn's 265-270lb frame, which is truly the type of size the 49ers really haven't had coming off the edges in some time now. IMO that was truly the problem with Lawson and that he was about 10-15lbs lighter than he needed to be to be able to muscle up on them big O-lineman and Miller gives me the feeling that he may suffer the same problems although like Lawson his speed could make him an asset in pass coverage.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Feb 7, 2011 at 21:46:22 ]
Originally posted by thuglife619:
I'm on board.

Left window lol
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Quinn kind of reminds me of Terrell Suggs. I like Miller's motor and speed, but think Miller is a little undersized compared to Quinn's 265-270lb frame, which is truly the type of size the 49ers really haven't had coming off the edges in some time now. IMO that was truly the problem with Lawson and that he was about 10-15lbs lighter than he needed to be to be able to muscle up on them big O-lineman and Miller gives me the feeling that he may suffer the same problems although like Lawson his speed could make him an asset in pass coverage.

They're both excellent pass rush prospects. We'd be lucky as hell to get either one. If we landed miller @ 7 and quinn somehow fell to the 20-25 range, we'd need to do everything in our power to trade back into the first to get him. Imagine a duo of Miller and Quinn??? Would we even need a secondary???!!!
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:

They're both excellent pass rush prospects. We'd be lucky as hell to get either one. If we landed miller @ 7 and quinn somehow fell to the 20-25 range, we'd need to do everything in our power to trade back into the first to get him. Imagine a duo of Miller and Quinn??? Would we even need a secondary???!!!

We wouldn't need anything, because that means we're in a league with a bunch of teams that haven't a clue as to what they're doing. Quinn is NOT falling to the 20-25 range. There's a better chance that he doesn't reach 7, then there is of him falling that far.
I'm on this bandwagon.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I'm on this bandwagon.
win/win for us at #7. Quinn, Miller or one of the two CB's. I'd take any of them. I think an OLB would be an impact player immediately, while a CB would take a year or two.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
win/win for us at #7. Quinn, Miller or one of the two CB's. I'd take any of them. I think an OLB would be an impact player immediately, while a CB would take a year or two.

That's the thing with both of these corners in Peterson and Amukamara, they wouldn't need a year. Stick them in and call it a day especially Prince. Peterson has so much upside, it's not even funny. However, most analysts say that Prince is a better technician and instincts. It's his recovery speed that scares me. However, he would fit perfectly in Fangio's 3-4 with Donatell serving as his direct coach.

Still, man do I want a pass rusher like Quinn. Quinn reminds of Gholson(sp?) from NYJ who busted big time as a 3-4 backer. Great measurables, great college career and the best pass rusher out of college. Quinn is a DE, but his size and frame allow for a switch to the 3-4 backer role. We will see just how well he moves in that position at the combine.

Because of this, I believe Von Miller is a better candidate for the WILL Backer role than Quinn. Still, I can see Baalke pulling his card if, and only if, he believes that Quinn can transition into a linebacker at the next level. Man, if Quinn can make it, WOW!

For his size, this kid's got "it". Like I said before in numerous posts, I believe Quinn will surpass Miller because of his "Mays-like" abilities for his position.

I can even see Peterson dropping if Denver goes with someone else.

Peterson, Amukamara, Miller OR Quinn. Heck, even Gabbert and Newton are viable and great possibilities.

Still, I wouldn't be mad if we picked Quinn.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Quinn's size and speed are impressive but did that video say his 4th state championship as a heavy weight wrestler? Wow. All in all, he looks like a good choice at #7.

This article says he has two state championships in wrestling, which is still damm good. Click on Quinn....obviously;the big ? is about his character.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/index.html
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

This article says he has two state championships in wrestling, which is still damm good. Click on Quinn....obviously;the big ? is about his character.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/index.html

Thanks! After reading your post I did some more research and found an article that said three consecutive championships with an 86-0 record his last three years.

Set the lineman's record in the 40 at NC, beating Peppers old record by .15. Ran under 4.4. I really like this guy! His team mates call him the Southern Gentleman due to his ettiquete.
My buddy who's a dallas fan, said a scout that messages on his board, said that They may sit him in the green room, basically tell him he might not be drafted based on his lack of experiance/playing time, and his off the field issues... Now depends on how he looks at the combine, i'm going to look at his first 10 seconds of his 40 time, cause i don't care what his over all speed is, but i do care about his first few steps to the qb, and how he does in the cone drills!!!!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
My buddy who's a dallas fan, said a scout that messages on his board, said that They may sit him in the green room, basically tell him he might not be drafted based on his lack of experiance/playing time, and his off the field issues... Now depends on how he looks at the combine, i'm going to look at his first 10 seconds of his 40 time, cause i don't care what his over all speed is, but i do care about his first few steps to the qb, and how he does in the cone drills!!!!

what you mean dallas might not draft him?? quinn will go in the 1st especially if he comes in tremendous shape and destroys the combine
Share 49ersWebzone