There are 207 users in the forums

Mel Kiper mock

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If the first 5 picks went as Mel predicts Cleveland would be in a PERFECT spot to trade down. Dallas would kill I'm sure to move up 3 spots to draft Petersen ahead of the Niners.
I would almost guarantee that the Browns would move down with a flop with Niners or Cowboys.

This. If Peterson is there at 6, Cleveland is fielding phone calls and Dallas or (a little bit of a longshot) Detroit will be the likely candidates to get a deal done. No doubt that Jerry Jones is working the phone there and looking to land Peterson.

For Cleveland, at least 2 of the following DL (Dareus, Quinn, Watt or Jordan) would be there at 9, and I think Julio Jones at least enters the conversation for them at that point.

Agreed. The Cowboys would surely leapfrog the Niners to select Peterson. The Browns would probably sign-on to a drop of three slots to pick up an extra second or third rounder in the process. They can still get a very good DE/DT in the process, or reach for the top WR on their board.

Or, the Browns can simply commit a lot of money to the CB position, and have two anchor corners for the next 8 years.

I don't agree with this dallas idea. Only way they would is to move peterson to Fs. Cb isn't a issue for them. But their fs is just crap i mean even goldson looks like a probowler next to that guy. Besides jerry has oline issues and if he wants to be able to keep romo upright and to be able to throw to those 3 wr's their going need to draft a oline player. God i mean they had to start alex barron last season lol... my buddy was like get that f**king guy off the field he gets beat and then holds the guy. I told him he suck, he got to watch it first hand haha

Wow, I totally disagree. CB was a huge issue for them last year, with both starters (Newman and Jenkins) getting torched on a fairly consistent basis and only one guy playing with any kind of consistency (Orlando Scandrick). Newman will be 33 when the season starts, and CBs typically don't get faster or better as they age...in fact, it might make more sense for the Cowboys to move Newman to FS in the next few years. If that's the plan, a guy like Peterson would be ideal as the #1 CB of the future.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If the first 5 picks went as Mel predicts Cleveland would be in a PERFECT spot to trade down. Dallas would kill I'm sure to move up 3 spots to draft Petersen ahead of the Niners.
I would almost guarantee that the Browns would move down with a flop with Niners or Cowboys.

This. If Peterson is there at 6, Cleveland is fielding phone calls and Dallas or (a little bit of a longshot) Detroit will be the likely candidates to get a deal done. No doubt that Jerry Jones is working the phone there and looking to land Peterson.

For Cleveland, at least 2 of the following DL (Dareus, Quinn, Watt or Jordan) would be there at 9, and I think Julio Jones at least enters the conversation for them at that point.

Agreed. The Cowboys would surely leapfrog the Niners to select Peterson. The Browns would probably sign-on to a drop of three slots to pick up an extra second or third rounder in the process. They can still get a very good DE/DT in the process, or reach for the top WR on their board.

Or, the Browns can simply commit a lot of money to the CB position, and have two anchor corners for the next 8 years.

I don't agree with this dallas idea. Only way they would is to move peterson to Fs. Cb isn't a issue for them. But their fs is just crap i mean even goldson looks like a probowler next to that guy. Besides jerry has oline issues and if he wants to be able to keep romo upright and to be able to throw to those 3 wr's their going need to draft a oline player. God i mean they had to start alex barron last season lol... my buddy was like get that f**king guy off the field he gets beat and then holds the guy. I told him he suck, he got to watch it first hand haha

Wow, I totally disagree. CB was a huge issue for them last year, with both starters (Newman and Jenkins) getting torched on a fairly consistent basis and only one guy playing with any kind of consistency (Orlando Scandrick). Newman will be 33 when the season starts, and CBs typically don't get faster or better as they age...in fact, it might make more sense for the Cowboys to move Newman to FS in the next few years. If that's the plan, a guy like Peterson would be ideal as the #1 CB of the future.

Dallas won't move.. lol First off, sitting at their spot puts them in perfect position to take the best olinemen on the board, which sounds like that kid from usc. Second, why trade up and spend the money and loss of picks. When ASS is going to become a free agent, and AC will also be one. Their's not a top tackle in freeagency, but their will be 2 solid cbs which leads to thinking jerry will offer what it takes to get one of them. And take a olinemen. Killing 2 position with one stone thrown.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Feb 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM ]

Dallas won't move.. lol First off, sitting at their spot puts them in perfect position to take the best olinemen on the board, which sounds like that kid from usc. Second, why trade up and spend the money and loss of picks. When ASS is going to become a free agent, and AC will also be one. Their's not a top tackle in freeagency, but their will be 2 solid cbs which leads to thinking jerry will offer what it takes to get one of them. And take a olinemen. Killing 2 position with one stone thrown.

I can totally see Dallas staying put and drafting an OL....but that would be too logical and safe, and Jerry Jones has shown over and over again that he's neither of those things in terms of his GM moves.
(1) Von Miller OLB Texas A&M-need I say more? Haralson will probably b gone..perfect fit!
(2) Phil Taylor NT Baylor-A beast! He's huge and can barrel through people Franklin wants too much money so adios.
(3) Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada-I feel he has all the tools we need. He can run..throw..throw on the run.he's strong totoo
(4) Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia-solid back.could still be here.
(4) Kendric Burney CB North Carolina-undersized..but so is Eric Weems from Atlanta..
(5) Dontay Moch DE Nevada-watch this guy on video.disgusting and underrated. Can play opposite of Justin Smith
(6) Will Rackley G Lehigh-a stretch in the 6th..but a steal..out of a small school.will be a pro bowler one day.
(6) Deandre Brown WR Southern Mississippi-6"5 or something like that..compared to a Calvin Johnson and a Colston.
(7) Quizz Rodgers HB Oregon State. Change of pace back we need. Can run and catch.like a sproles. Let me know what u think.I know some are a t t

I can totally see Dallas staying put and drafting an OL....but that would be too logical and safe, and Jerry Jones has shown over and over again that he's neither of those things in terms of his GM moves.

lol i asked my dallas buddy if this happened to the cowboys what would he do. He said lock himself in the bathroom all day and just cry... lol
I'd be shocked if the Niners picked Quinn. Not a high character guy, and in a position that is not as necessary as CB. The pick in this mock would probably be Prince, or Newton.

Because he received some jewelry and travel accommodations from an agent he's not a high character guy? Every college athlete receives some form of gifts, it's just a matter of who gets caught and which schools investigate.

This guy is a 3 time state high school wrestling champ. He overcame a freaking BRAIN TUMOR. He was widely considered the number 1 player in the draft before he got suspended. To get an OLB like him at 7 would be a godsend. How is a pass rusher not as necessary as a CB? We haven't had anyone w/ double digit sacks since Andre Carter. Robert Quinn's not a high character? No. Naive and immature? Ok.
Quinn would be a great pick at 7. Finally give us that pass rusher we have needed for a decade.
  • evil
  • Veteran

1- Rob Ryan will be able to give the Cowboys great insight into Cromartie, considering his brother was just coaching him.

2- 16 teams will have legit interest in Nnamdi, if not more. Acquiring his services could be much more than who throws the most cash at him (see Adalius Thomas who opted to sign with NE a few years ago albeit rumors we were going to outbid them, he wanted to stay on the East Coast and play for a winner).

3- Jared Gaither may be a FA. Marcus McNeil will also hit the open market, so there goes your point about a LT solution via FA.

4- Peterson is a consensus top 5 pick. Not 1 OT in this class in a consensus top 15 pick. Some believe there are 1-2 guys who could go top 15, maybe even one at 9 to Dallas, but it is far from a consensus.

5- Rob Ryan had a tremendous pass D in Oakland with Nnamdi, and his best year in Cleveland was this year, with Haden and Sheldon Brown.
  • evil
  • Veteran
lol i asked my dallas buddy if this happened to the cowboys what would he do. He said lock himself in the bathroom all day and just cry... lol

That's funny, because on Cowboys forums and message boards, there is a s**t ton of fans who want Peterson should he fall.
Does anybody have the Mel Kiper 2.0 2011 Mock draft?

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
I'd be shocked if the Niners picked Quinn. Not a high character guy, and in a position that is not as necessary as CB. The pick in this mock would probably be Prince, or Newton.

Because he received some jewelry and travel accommodations from an agent he's not a high character guy? Every college athlete receives some form of gifts, it's just a matter of who gets caught and which schools investigate.

This guy is a 3 time state high school wrestling champ. He overcame a freaking BRAIN TUMOR. He was widely considered the number 1 player in the draft before he got suspended. To get an OLB like him at 7 would be a godsend. How is a pass rusher not as necessary as a CB? We haven't had anyone w/ double digit sacks since Andre Carter. Robert Quinn's not a high character? No. Naive and immature? Ok.

I find it laughable that people keep bringing up character. There are various types of questionable character- guys who'll have trouble with the law, guys who might have trouble with drugs, guys who aren't good team players, etc. Talent levels being equal, of course you pick a guy who you see as higher character. But take a Lawrence Taylor, who we might call a "bad character" guy. Your pick him without a second thought because he's just a bad a55 SOB. I don't know if Quinn is Lawrence Taylor, but he's one bad a55 SOB! So unless there's another bad a55 SOB with a halo available when we pick, we'd better as hell take him.
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

I find it laughable that people keep bringing up character. There are various types of questionable character- guys who'll have trouble with the law, guys who might have trouble with drugs, guys who aren't good team players, etc. Talent levels being equal, of course you pick a guy who you see as higher character. But take a Lawrence Taylor, who we might call a "bad character" guy. Your pick him without a second thought because he's just a bad a55 SOB. I don't know if Quinn is Lawrence Taylor, but he's one bad a55 SOB! So unless there's another bad a55 SOB with a halo available when we pick, we'd better as hell take him.

EXACTLY.

It's not like Quinn had trouble w/ the law. He doesn't have dui's. He doesn't beat people up off the field. He doesn't rape women. He's a kid who got a couple free sick black diamond watches. A lesser pass rusher (Kerrigan) probably only got an Xbox so nobody cared to talk about it. If anything, maybe Quinn can co-endorse Movado w/ Tom Brady.
Originally posted by Giants24:
(1) Von Miller OLB Texas A&M-need I say more? Haralson will probably b gone..perfect fit!
(2) Phil Taylor NT Baylor-A beast! He's huge and can barrel through people Franklin wants too much money so adios.
(3) Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada-I feel he has all the tools we need. He can run..throw..throw on the run.he's strong totoo
(4) Kendric Burney CB North Carolina-undersized..but so is Eric Weems from Atlanta..
(5) Dontay Moch DE Nevada-watch this guy on video.disgusting and underrated. Can play opposite of Justin Smith
(6) Will Rackley G Lehigh-a stretch in the 6th..but a steal..out of a small school.will be a pro bowler one day.
(6) Deandre Brown WR Southern Mississippi-6"5 or something like that..compared to a Calvin Johnson and a Colston.
(7) Quizz Rodgers HB Oregon State. Change of pace back we need. Can run and catch.like a sproles. Let me know what u think.I know some are a t t

Ras-I Dowling CB in the 3rd
Originally posted by wailers15:

Moch won't last till the 5th round, and I see Rackley raising up between now and april.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by wailers15:

Moch won't last till the 5th round, and I see Rackley raising up between now and april.

I would suspect he'll also be a 3-4 OLB
Share 49ersWebzone