LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Mel Kiper mock

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
lol i asked my dallas buddy if this happened to the cowboys what would he do. He said lock himself in the bathroom all day and just cry... lol

That's funny, because on Cowboys forums and message boards, there is a s**t ton of fans who want Peterson should he fall.

why would he fall... cause mel kiper said he would! he will be top 5 pick. This guy has everything you'd want in a cb.

Everyone wants peterson if he falls. He's just that good looking. Like being at the beach and seeing a hot blonde with c's in her bathing suit, of coarse everyone wants her. Besides if the broncos want to get younger in their secondary and they need too because champs old and they've been using washed up safteys for the last few years, if peterson can't play cb, then he will be a great saftey.

Gaither is over rated. he lost his job to oher after one year. mcneil i thought he'd get the tag and we still have until thursday!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Feb 21, 2011 at 12:40 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
lol i asked my dallas buddy if this happened to the cowboys what would he do. He said lock himself in the bathroom all day and just cry... lol

That's funny, because on Cowboys forums and message boards, there is a s**t ton of fans who want Peterson should he fall.

why would he fall... cause mel kiper said he would! he will be top 5 pick. This guy has everything you'd want in a cb.

Everyone wants peterson if he falls. He's just that good looking. Like being at the beach and seeing a hot blonde with c's in her bathing suit, of coarse everyone wants her. Besides if the broncos want to get younger in their secondary and they need too because champs old and they've been using washed up safteys for the last few years, if peterson can't play cb, then he will be a great saftey.

Gaither is over rated. he lost his job to oher after one year. mcneil i thought he'd get the tag and we still have until thursday!

No not because of Kiper but because anything can happen. Just because he appears to be a top 5 pick does not make him a lock. History has proven anything can happen on draft day over and over. And Peterson is a little stiff in the hips so no not everything you want in a corner, but close to it.

Gaither had a great year a couple years ago before his play seemingly dropped off a little, but perhaps a change of scenery could get him back to that level, it has happened before with others. McNeil won't be tagged because SD tagged VJ.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
we need the best pass rusher available..period
I've heard people say this is the year of the 3-4 OLB. Can't we get some good pass rushers in the later rounds? With CB being as much a need as a pass rushing OLB, only less available, should we not use our #1 on a CB?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I've heard people say this is the year of the 3-4 OLB. Can't we get some good pass rushers in the later rounds? With CB being as much a need as a pass rushing OLB, only less available, should we not use our #1 on a CB?

Von Miller in the 1st, Ras I Dowling in the 2nd

Championship
he updated his mock again. ITs insider so i cant post the whole thing so ill just post the top 7

1. Panthers- Blaine Gabbert
2. Broncos- Nick Fairley
3. Bills-Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals-Cam Newton
5. Cards-Von Miller
6. Browns-A.J Green
7. 49ers-- Patrick Peterson
There were a lot of comments questioning why I could see my No. 1 overall Big Board player dropping this far on draft day. But consider the history: in 1987, I had Rod Woodson rated similarly, and he fell to No. 10 overall. In 1989, Deion Sanders was far and away the best athlete on the board -- he fell to No. 5. Champ Bailey was my best athlete and the top corner available in the 1999 draft, and he fell to No. 7. At this position, it simply happens, and San Fran should be happy if it does. Peterson is an immense talent. He checked in at 219 pounds and ran a 4.34 40-time in Indy. Enough said.
Originally posted by valrod33:
he updated his mock again. ITs insider so i cant post the whole thing so ill just post the top 7

2. Broncos- Nick Fairley
3. Bills-Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals-Cam Newton
5. Cards-Von Miller
6. Browns-A.J Green
There were a lot of comments questioning why I could see my No. 1 overall Big Board player dropping this far on draft day. But consider the history: in 1987, I had Rod Woodson rated similarly, and he fell to No. 10 overall. In 1989, Deion Sanders was far and away the best athlete on the board -- he fell to No. 5. Champ Bailey was my best athlete and the top corner available in the 1999 draft, and he fell to No. 7. At this position, it simply happens, and San Fran should be happy if it does. Peterson is an immense talent. He checked in at 219 pounds and ran a 4.34 40-time in Indy. Enough said.

I hope Mel is right on this one.

2. Broncos- Nick Fairley
3. Bills-Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals-Cam Newton
5. Cards-Von Miller
6. Browns-A.J Green

Cleveland is in perfect position to trade down and still grab Green or worse case scenario Julio Jones. If Dallas wants Peterson they will easily be able to make that trade up.

Then again if Gabbert falls someone might want to trade up for him and drive up that price tag on the 6th pick.
I am UNC fan but the last time we drafted a player from there it was a HUGE bust!
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:

2. Broncos- Nick Fairley
3. Bills-Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals-Cam Newton
5. Cards-Von Miller
6. Browns-A.J Green

I really doubt the Panthers take Gabbert, I can see them going Von Miller, Bowers, Fairey or Dareus

Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
I am UNC fan but the last time we drafted a player from there it was a HUGE bust!

s**t....2 different NC schools gave us Balmer and Lawson
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:

2. Broncos- Nick Fairley
3. Bills-Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals-Cam Newton
5. Cards-Von Miller
6. Browns-A.J Green

I really doubt the Panthers take Gabbert, I can see them going Von Miller, Bowers, Fairey or Dareus

Von Miller wont go number 1
I hope Peterson falls to us. But we're in a terrific position to select a starter whether it be Peterson or Quinn.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I hope Peterson falls to us. But we're in a terrific position to select a starter whether it be Peterson or Quinn.

I'm happy with either one.

2. Broncos- Nick Fairley
3. Bills-Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals-Cam Newton
5. Cards-Von Miller
6. Browns-A.J Green

Damn I might draft DaQuan Bowers there, thats a tough call.
Share 49ersWebzone