LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Mel Kiper mock

has us taking Robert Quinn number 7

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?page=KiperMockDraft1.0

Carolina Panthers- Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Denver Broncos -Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Buffalo Bills-Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama
Cincinnati Bengals- Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Arizona Cardinals-Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Cleveland Browns- A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
San Francisco 49ers

* Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

It's an understatement to say that Quinn will be fresh. After sitting out his entire junior year at Chapel Hill, it's a testament to Quinn's talent that he's this high on the draft board. And make no mistake -- scouts think extremely highly of Quinn. If his preparations for the draft process are up to par, at this spot he offers the Niners a pure pass-rusher at defensive end that can only be matched by Bowers.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM ]
What's his complete first round look like? I don't have Insider.
I can dig it.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

cant post entire articles for insider. he has Julio Jones going to the Rams and Seattle taking Ryan Mallett
I'd be shocked if the Niners picked Quinn. Not a high character guy, and in a position that is not as necessary as CB. The pick in this mock would probably be Prince, or Newton.
  • tstej
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

cant post entire articles for insider. he has Julio Jones going to the Rams and Seattle taking Ryan Mallett

Who does he have the Packers taking?
Originally posted by tstej:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Who does he have the Packers taking?

Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa
Based on past history, no credability should be given to Mel's mocks. Just not his forte.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Based on past history, no credability should be given to Mel's mocks. Just not his forte.

Its just cool to see the different mocks and what players eacht guy has us taking
  • tstej
  • Veteran
Odd pick but thanks man.

I can live with Quinn. If he didn't get in trouble and had another spectacular year he might have been the #1 overall pick.

Agreed. His strengths are identifying diamonds in the rough long before the pack: Joe Flacco, Mike Iupati, etc.

So what mock should we give credibility to? The webzones? LOL. Any mock done in January before the combine, the all star games, and the private workouts is just a guess anyway.

Actually, Mel ranks pretty favorably in the accuracy department in comparison to other such pundits. So, I don't know what you are talking about.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftscoring.shtml
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 19, 2011 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I can dig it.
Share 49ersWebzone