There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mel Kiper mock

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If the first 5 picks went as Mel predicts Cleveland would be in a PERFECT spot to trade down. Dallas would kill I'm sure to move up 3 spots to draft Petersen ahead of the Niners.
I would almost guarantee that the Browns would move down with a flop with Niners or Cowboys.

I would even go higher with Cleveland as we will want to ensure we draft before AZ for either Newton, Miller or Peterson.

Though, Peterson would be an incredible selection at #7 while keeping all our picks.
Originally posted by ninertico:
If the first 5 picks went as Mel predicts Cleveland would be in a PERFECT spot to trade down. Dallas would kill I'm sure to move up 3 spots to draft Petersen ahead of the Niners.
I would almost guarantee that the Browns would move down with a flop with Niners or Cowboys.

I would even go higher with Cleveland as we will want to ensure we draft before AZ for either Newton, Miller or Peterson.

Though, Peterson would be an incredible selection at #7 while keeping all our picks.

It would be way too costly to move up to #4 and I doubt Cincy would want to pass on Green anyway. I think the Niners will stick where they are and will see who falls to the #6 pick. If a guy they love is sitting there I think they could give up a 3rd or 4th to move up a spot.

If all 3 are available when Arizona is picking, we can sit and take whoever lasts to us. No need to trade up. Well, unless we decide Cam is the player we need to get.
Originally posted by rayn36:

If all 3 are available when Arizona is picking, we can sit and take whoever lasts to us. No need to trade up. Well, unless we decide Cam is the player we need to get.

I guess that if you have your top prospect three slots ahead of you with a divisional opponent drafting next who may take him, isn't it worth it especially being the #1 slot on your board? Again, this is for Baalke's #1 draft prospect in my scenario at #4 as opposed to waiting to get his fifth to seventh option.

#1 on the board at #4 could be too tempting...then I woke up.

He has us passing up Von Miller!? Is he out of his mind? Why is he giving us the weaker of the two? I know.....he likes us fumbling on draft day.....BOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
He has us passing up Von Miller!? Is he out of his mind? Why is he giving us the weaker of the two? I know.....he likes us fumbling on draft day.....BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No, he's was taken by AZ instead of Peterson. Can I haz some of what your havin, pleaze?
Originally posted by valrod33:
New Kiper mock, its an insider so ill only post the first 7 picks

Carolina-Nick Fairley
Denver-Daquan Bowers
Bills- Cam Newton
Bengals-A.J Green
Cards-Von Miller
Browns-J.J. Watt
49ers- Patrick Peterson
San Francisco has other needs -- in fact, I count three ahead of cornerback -- but Peterson would be too much to pass up here in terms of talent. A freakish athlete, he immediately steps in as a starter at corner, moving that to a position of strength for the Niners. Peterson also adds a dangerous element in the return game. A corner with safety size, Peterson won't need the NFL combine to assure evaluators of his physical skills.

Why the F is erryone jumpin on my JJ Watt love train? When you're ahead of the curve, you're ahead of the curve i suppose
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Carolina-Nick Fairley
Denver-Daquan Bowers
Bills- Cam Newton
Bengals-A.J Green
Cards-Von Miller
Browns-J.J. Watt
49ers- Patrick Peterson
San Francisco has other needs -- in fact, I count three ahead of cornerback -- but Peterson would be too much to pass up here in terms of talent. A freakish athlete, he immediately steps in as a starter at corner, moving that to a position of strength for the Niners. Peterson also adds a dangerous element in the return game. A corner with safety size, Peterson won't need the NFL combine to assure evaluators of his physical skills.

Why the F is erryone jumpin on my JJ Watt love train? When you're ahead of the curve, you're ahead of the curve i suppose

Very confused about that. If Cleveland wants DL that would fit both a 4-3 and 3-4, they take Dareus, not Watt.
Originally posted by rayn36:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Carolina-Nick Fairley
Denver-Daquan Bowers
Bills- Cam Newton
Bengals-A.J Green
Cards-Von Miller
Browns-J.J. Watt
49ers- Patrick Peterson

Very confused about that. If Cleveland wants DL that would fit both a 4-3 and 3-4, they take Dareus, not Watt.

Very much agree. I can see them take Quinn, too, but Dareus make more sense now that Rogers is gone.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

This. If Peterson is there at 6, Cleveland is fielding phone calls and Dallas or (a little bit of a longshot) Detroit will be the likely candidates to get a deal done. No doubt that Jerry Jones is working the phone there and looking to land Peterson.

For Cleveland, at least 2 of the following DL (Dareus, Quinn, Watt or Jordan) would be there at 9, and I think Julio Jones at least enters the conversation for them at that point.

Carolina-Nick Fairley
Denver-Daquan Bowers
Bills- Cam Newton
Bengals-A.J Green
Cards-Von Miller
Browns-J.J. Watt
49ers- Patrick Peterson

He will attend the combine if he wants to be in the top three, in fact if he boycotts, it might help the 49ers get him though.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

This. If Peterson is there at 6, Cleveland is fielding phone calls and Dallas or (a little bit of a longshot) Detroit will be the likely candidates to get a deal done. No doubt that Jerry Jones is working the phone there and looking to land Peterson.

For Cleveland, at least 2 of the following DL (Dareus, Quinn, Watt or Jordan) would be there at 9, and I think Julio Jones at least enters the conversation for them at that point.

Agreed. The Cowboys would surely leapfrog the Niners to select Peterson. The Browns would probably sign-on to a drop of three slots to pick up an extra second or third rounder in the process. They can still get a very good DE/DT in the process, or reach for the top WR on their board.

Or, the Browns can simply commit a lot of money to the CB position, and have two anchor corners for the next 8 years.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Agreed. The Cowboys would surely leapfrog the Niners to select Peterson. The Browns would probably sign-on to a drop of three slots to pick up an extra second or third rounder in the process. They can still get a very good DE/DT in the process, or reach for the top WR on their board.

Or, the Browns can simply commit a lot of money to the CB position, and have two anchor corners for the next 8 years.

Actually I think Cleveland is in a great position if Peterson falls and they do move back to 9 in a deal with Dallas. They may be in a prime position to really stockpile some picks beyond what they would acquire form Dallas.

-At least 3 teams (Washington, Minnesota and Miami) could be interested in moving into 9 for a QB if there is one still sitting there.

-Detroit could look to move up for Amukamara.

-St.Louis could look to move up for Amukamara as well, or perhaps a DL (or even Julio Jones if they like him THAT much and fear Washington may take him or somebody else attempts to leapfrog them).

-Jacksonville (probably the biggest long shot of the bunch to move up) could look to move up for a pass rusher or even Amukamara and (darkhorse) Julio Jones.
I'd be shocked if the Niners picked Quinn. Not a high character guy, and in a position that is not as necessary as CB. The pick in this mock would probably be Prince, or Newton.

If Von Miller is there at #7, I don't see them taking Prince and I don't see them taking Newton period... Give the Niners a consistent pass rush and our DB's will look 10 times better....

Of course, if Harbaugh thinks Cam is the guy and he's there at #7 and takes him, I can't complain.. Jim is the QB Guru.. But I doubt it......

Cam is Vince Young 2.0 in my opinion...

I don't agree with this dallas idea. Only way they would is to move peterson to Fs. Cb isn't a issue for them. But their fs is just crap i mean even goldson looks like a probowler next to that guy. Besides jerry has oline issues and if he wants to be able to keep romo upright and to be able to throw to those 3 wr's their going need to draft a oline player. God i mean they had to start alex barron last season lol... my buddy was like get that f**king guy off the field he gets beat and then holds the guy. I told him he suck, he got to watch it first hand haha