There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quarterback Watch

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We need to definitely talk Harbaugh into being our next OC/HC, and that'll instantly ensure Luck to declare for 2011 (and we'll have a locked deal of draft picks in place to get him).

That would be my dream scenario up to this point... 49ers returning to their lineage with an aggressive WCO-vertical/local coach, and a hot-shot QB with a mature o-line, and tons of weapons to work with.

If Jed really has his uncle's stones he'd make it happen. And if it meant us going 5-11 this year for this to unfold I wouldn't shed a tear.

Agreed. I'd think I'd actually rather we did bad than performed inconsistent and squeek into the playoffs based on a weak division. It'll just buy this regime more time to prolong the inconsistent play. This team needs to be built to win and I just don't see that. Start with a new offensive philosophy and a high-ceiling QB.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
We need to definitely talk Harbaugh into being our next OC/HC, and that'll instantly ensure Luck to declare for 2011 (and we'll have a locked deal of draft picks in place to get him).

That would be my dream scenario up to this point... 49ers returning to their lineage with an aggressive WCO-vertical/local coach, and a hot-shot QB with a mature o-line, and tons of weapons to work with.

If Jed really has his uncle's stones he'd make it happen. And if it meant us going 5-11 this year for this to unfold I wouldn't shed a tear.

Does Harbaugh run a WCO?

Yeah, and he runs almost a Holmgrem-esq version of it, a bit more aggressive, but with just as many vertical routes/cuts as Walsh's original WCO from '79-'86.

Ninerland would be a goldmine for him (as well), our film vault is literally fort knox for any WCO coach.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 18, 2010 at 14:07:44 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Mallet>Luck>Locker>>>Ponder
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Does Harbaugh run a WCO?

Although I can't answer that for you, I'll post this cool tidbit from a Harbaugh article I was reading (written last year). I want this guy on our team!

Harbaugh Supreme Self Confidence

Quote:
Harbaugh exhibited excessive self confidence on Saturday when -- already up by 27 points -- he called a two-point conversion, intent on laying 50 on the Trojans.

That call irritated Pete Carroll, the Zeus of West Coast football. After the 55-21 destruction, the most points surrendered in USC history, Carroll greeted Harbaugh at the midfield handshake with the testy question: "What's your deal?"

Harbaugh, unbowed, replied, "What's your deal?"

I'm on this bandwagon.

-9fA
Originally posted by eastbay9erfn:
ponder looks amazing, great footwork.. calm decision making and really accurate. People tend to overhype QB, and freekish arm strength. id take ponder over any of the other qb's

Couldn't disagree more...looked horrible against Oklahoma and hasn't won big games.
If you pressure him he panics.
To me he doesn't have it all.
Jake Locker looked bad today, looks like Andrew Luck/Mallet are the best prospects right now.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by asakkings:
Jake Locker looked bad today, looks like Andrew Luck/Mallet are the best prospects right now.

Well to his defense it was #8 Nebraska and their defense gave up more than 300 yards rushing. I'd judge him more off of close games, when decision makings are more in his hands.
Ryan Mallet looking real good in week 3
Man, I wish I owned the 49ers

would have tampered with Harbaugh last season made him the OC(potential HC if sing f**ked up)

tampered with Luck as well

Originally posted by kstolai:
Ryan Mallet looking real good in week 3
So far, Luck is on fire. 6 for 6 , 78 yards and 2 TD.

[ Edited by drake49er on Sep 18, 2010 at 20:52:03 ]
Damn Luck is nuts tonight, if he's drafted to team harnessing the WCO he could do some damage to the NFL.
Damn Luck is nuts tonight, if he's drafted to team harnessing the WCO he could do some damage to the NFL.

If Smith keeps sucking this season it's Luck Mallet or bust.
52 yard scramble weaving through a defense for the TD!

Luck is impressive.

[ Edited by WINiner on Sep 18, 2010 at 21:30:43 ]