There are 212 users in the forums

Quarterback Watch

In Austria we donĀ“t get to watch college games. Could some post the strenghts and weaknesses of the Top 4 Quaterbacks in College?

Reading all the postings before it looks like everyone could help our team!!!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
I wanna get a FA Veteran QB and draft Andrew Luck, he is accurate as a mother f**ker!

Then I guess you'll have to wait to atleast 2012 for Luck, no pun intended.

why 2012?

I heard that Luck wants to stay till his senior season, but I think he could change his mind next year. But I'm expecting (NOW) 2012.

dang

Link

Like I said, hopefully he changes his mind and declares next year.

I think when he sits down and thinks about, realizes he is a lock for top 10 pick and possibly top 5 pick, he will leave early. Its kind of just pure "dumb" to stay when you are a lock to go so high, why risk the injury?

Bradford risked it, got hurt and still went #1. I understand what you're saying though.

Bradford is a good comparison. And I wouldn't be surprised if Luck did choose to say, I mean one reason he choose Stanford is because
A) He values a good college degree so much and
B) He has stated he wanted to be away from the kind of spotlight he would be under with a major football school. He really wanted to just be another college kid, not some kind of superstar

Edit: I guess thats two reasons, lol

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 16, 2010 at 02:23:59 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Mallet plays tomorrow on ESPN at 9 am PST. I definetly will tune in. Could be our pick.

Matchup: Arkansas vs. Georgia

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 17, 2010 at 12:57:56 ]
If we can get one of these three I will be a happy camper. I prefer Luck then Mallet then Locker.

I've heard a lot about this Andre Luck guy, but I haven't seen him play yet. Who does he remind you of? For comparrison sake?
Ryan Mallet=Overrated.
Originally posted by jta854:
Ryan Mallet=Overrated.

Based on what, exactly?
a a Michigan fan who saw Mallet for one season basically I have to say that kid has a huge arm. I mean huge. he doesn't even have to step into it and he still gets a lot of heat on the ball. But he's super tall and i wonder if he can get his delivery/throwing motion just a bit faster for the pro game. But from what i've seen he's a good prospect
Originally posted by lamontb:
a a Michigan fan who saw Mallet for one season basically I have to say that kid has a huge arm. I mean huge. he doesn't even have to step into it and he still gets a lot of heat on the ball. But he's super tall and i wonder if he can get his delivery/throwing motion just a bit faster for the pro game. But from what i've seen he's a good prospect

great arm...yes. mobile...hell no. also, character issues
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

yea he's a sitting duck back there. And what character issues did/does he have?
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

yea he's a sitting duck back there. And what character issues did/does he have?

f**k character, I'll give you two names

Alex Smith
Ben Rapelisburger

yes to luck.

man, i like how this "highlight" video doesnt just show all his TD passes or bombs, like so many others. you get to see the good and bad. not so muc bad from this game though.

Ryan Mallet=Overrated.

this

im watching the game he doesnt really impress me

IF we get a new qb in 1st round i want luck or locker
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Ryan Mallet=Overrated.

this

IF we get a new qb in 1st round i want luck

fixed
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Ryan Mallet=Overrated.

Based on what, exactly?

based on he's a derek anderson 2.0. tall big arm, no touch and bad accuracy.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Ryan Mallet=Overrated.

this

IF we get a new qb in 1st round i want luck

fixed

id perfer luck to but i wouldnt disspointed with locker either

i dont think luck even comes out of this draft IMO
Share 49ersWebzone