LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 270 users in the forums

Quarterback Watch

damn andrew luck looks good

*already way better than alex smith has ever looked at any point in his career

*announcers are comparing Luck to P.Manning..

[ Edited by WestCoast on Sep 18, 2010 at 21:33:36 ]
Sadly there is no way we will be in position to draft Luck when he decides to enter the draft. Only way is to trade up and I would do it without even thinking twice. We have the talent to be a serious contender for years to come but we need Luck or a competent QB to get there.
I cannot see how Sing and co. wouldn't be high on this kid come this March. I mean it's most likely Sing will still be around (but Raye won't), so Mike should seriously consider the Jim Harbrough blue-collar WCO.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^^^Ryan Mallet getting a win on the road vs. a tough Georgia Defense and the crazy Bulldog fans. They had miscommunications on plays dew too crazy loud crowd noise and he had to release a bunch of passes early cause of sorry OLine and good pressure from Georgia Defense. Overall I don't mind either.

1.Ryan Mallet
2.Andrew Luck
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by eastbay9erfn:
ponder looks amazing, great footwork.. calm decision making and really accurate. People tend to overhype QB, and freekish arm strength. id take ponder over any of the other qb's

Couldn't disagree more...looked horrible against Oklahoma and hasn't won big games.
If you pressure him he panics.
To me he doesn't have it all.

Ponder won me over last year when they were 18 points down to North Carolina and he won the game for Florida State in the last minuted. However is performance against Oklahoma was very dissapointing and he has to perform well for the rest of the way if he is gonna be a first round pick
Mallett has an amazing arm that is for sure but i have alot of questions about his accuracy, his footwork and he does not throw a nice football. He should stay in school for 2011 season and not come out until the 2012 draft.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Mallett has an amazing arm that is for sure but i have alot of questions about his accuracy, his footwork and he does not throw a nice football. He should stay in school for 2011 season and not come out until the 2012 draft.

this good arm but accuracy and footwork arent too good

honeslty luck is the best qb i have seen in a while he may not have a huge arm but is accurate and good footwork and is probally as smart as manning on the field

if alex fails we need luck or locker
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I cannot see how Sing and co. wouldn't be high on this kid come this March. I mean it's most likely Sing will still be around (but Raye won't), so Mike should seriously consider the Jim Harbrough blue-collar WCO.

He is from a local school and right in our backyard

means he wont get drafted by the 49ers
Luck was hugely impressive last night. Steve Young/Peyton Manning type???? Not saying he is them just a mixture of their styles of play.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'd trade our whole draft to get Luck.

Hire Jim Harbaugh if that's what it takes.

Originally posted by Hopper:

Since Sing won't probably get fired if we fail, we can take thanks in knowing Sing and Harbaugh are good buddies, too (they go back to the late 80s-early 90s together with the Bears). Harbaugh also runs a creative blue-collar WCO that would be RIGHT UP SING'S ALLEY! And least we forget Sing loves to hire ex-Chi bears for his coaches! ^_^

I'm for certain when we dump Alex Raye will follow (regardless), lock up Harbaugh as OC and sell the bank for Andrew Luck in the draft = NFC West title for years to come.

Since Sing won't probably get fired if we fail, we can take thanks in knowing Sing and Harbaugh are good buddies, too (they go back to the late 80s-early 90s together with the Bears). Harbaugh also runs a creative blue-collar WCO that would be RIGHT UP SING'S ALLEY! And least we forget Sing loves to hire ex-Chi bears for his coaches! ^_^

I'm for certain when we dump Alex Raye will follow (regardless), lock up Harbaugh as OC and sell the bank for Andrew Luck in the draft = NFC West title for years to come.

This is what I dream about.....
Originally posted by WINiner:

Harbaugh's not leaving stanford to be a coordinator. Get Sing the f**k out if we fail and just make Harbaugh the head coach. Why do you even want a head coach that needs coordinators that are better coaches than he is?!
  • PaulW
  • Veteran

I agree.
Originally posted by WINiner:

I promise I would never ever ask for another presents for x-mas as long as i breath on mother earth.
Share 49ersWebzone