Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

To You Jimmy Clausen Fans

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
I never liked this kid in college....and Mel kiper said he would be the best QB in this draft...I doubt that. But to be fair I think it's going to take him some time to develop... He needs to really improve his attitude though.

he needed another year of college ball
he needed to grow a pair

he was progressing well at ND but wasn't ready. He would of won more games but the play calling was bad his last year.

agreed, his biggest knock was his Attitude, and inexperience.
inexperience? he was a three year starter....
I never liked this kid in college....and Mel kiper said he would be the best QB in this draft...I doubt that. But to be fair I think it's going to take him some time to develop... He needs to really improve his attitude though.

he needed to grow a pair

he was progressing well at ND but wasn't ready. He would of won more games but the play calling was bad his last year.

I don't think he started his full freshman year......

he needed to grow a pair

I don't think he started his full freshman year......
I think he started the 3rd game, maybe the 2nd even and did the rest of the season.
Quote:
2. I mentioned that the Peppers loss just gives Clausen more pass attempts. Yes, it might lower his quarterback rating a little bit, but it should raise his total stats, yet he still has ONE touchdown pass. That is horrific.
yes, it is. the thing is that he is a 2nd-rounder...it's very seldom seen that a 1st-rounder can do sth right from start, now what do u expect from a 2nd-rounder.
Quote:
3. Jeff Davidson, the Panther's offensive coordinator, runs almost EXACTLY the same offense Charlie Weis did at Notre Dame. Davidson was an assistant in New England when Weis was offensive coordinator. The Panthers quarterbacks coach was even quoted as saying that Clausen already knows the terminology and the concepts because they were the same at Notre Dame. Look it up before you use that point in an argument.
it's a difference of know something and to run sth in reality...especially if you are talking about different levels. and i dont remember that much run-attempts at ND.
Quote:
4. Armanti was drafted as a wide receiver, Pike was a 6th round pick, and Moore was a late round pick that was selected to be a life time backup. Clausen was the only one expected to be halfway decent and he is obviously disappointing.
i dont care what he was drafted for...and i dont neither care about pike's round nor moore's round...former one was considered as a higher draft-pick and the latter one played some nfl-games last year. clausen is still a rookie...
Originally posted by communist:
yes, it is. the thing is that he is a 2nd-rounder...it's very seldom seen that a 1st-rounder can do sth right from start, now what do u expect from a 2nd-rounder.
Its not that seldom anymore, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco etc. Colt McCoy was a third round pick and is throwing to Massaqoui and Robiskie, not Steve Smith and has looked 10 times better than Claussen.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Its not that seldom anymore, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco etc. Colt McCoy was a third round pick and is throwing to Massaqoui and Robiskie, not Steve Smith and has looked 10 times better than Claussen.

The whole team looks better which helps and the Cle O has leaned heavily on Hillis not Colt
tom brady got passed on by a load of teams....
Quote:
2. I mentioned that the Peppers loss just gives Clausen more pass attempts. Yes, it might lower his quarterback rating a little bit, but it should raise his total stats, yet he still has ONE touchdown pass. That is horrific.
Quote:
3. Jeff Davidson, the Panther's offensive coordinator, runs almost EXACTLY the same offense Charlie Weis did at Notre Dame. Davidson was an assistant in New England when Weis was offensive coordinator. The Panthers quarterbacks coach was even quoted as saying that Clausen already knows the terminology and the concepts because they were the same at Notre Dame. Look it up before you use that point in an argument.
it's a difference of know something and to run sth in reality...especially if you are talking about different levels. and i dont remember that much run-attempts at ND.
Quote:
4. Armanti was drafted as a wide receiver, Pike was a 6th round pick, and Moore was a late round pick that was selected to be a life time backup. Clausen was the only one expected to be halfway decent and he is obviously disappointing.
i dont care what he was drafted for...and i dont neither care about pike's round nor moore's round...former one was considered as a higher draft-pick and the latter one played some nfl-games last year. clausen is still a rookie...
1. Most people in this forum wanted to trade into the top ten to pick Clausen, so they think he is better than a mid-second round pick. He was heralded as a pro-ready prospect. He doesn't seem too pro-ready to me.
2. Relative to other rookie quarterbacks in history, he knew more about his offense than almost all of them, yet he is playing worse than most of them. There is always going to be a learning curve going from college to the pros, but Clausen's was supposed to be extremely small, yet he looks like he has never seen this offense in his life.
3. No one projected Pike to be a starter in this league and Matt Moore only played because the Panthers lacked a better option. Those guys' tools don't even compare to Clausen's

The whole team looks better which helps and the Cle O has leaned heavily on Hillis not Colt

So what? colt's led many a drive with his arm only. Claussen has Stewart, Williams and Goodson and while not as productive as 08 and 09, does have a running game. Lets not pretend like hes playing with talent around him just to excuse his awful awful play. Hes got more than enough. Davidson 'leans on the run' more than Daboll does.
Originally posted by AlexThief:
Tom Brady's situation was incredibly unique. He got hurt in college and was replaced by an extremely productive Drew Henson. Tom Brady happens once every couple of decades. The fact is that people trying to say that they are smarter than the NFL scouts don't know what they are talking about. I admit I'm not. Based on what I saw from Clausen in college on tv, I didn't like him. This time, it just so happened that I was right. I've been wrong a million times. But it was unanimous among NFL teams that Clausen is not an ELITE talent like so many people in the zone still think for some reason. NFL scouts can be wrong, but it is waaaaaaay more likely that they are right than fans who just watch the occasional game on tv
Tom Brady's situation was incredibly unique. He got hurt in college and was replaced by an extremely productive Drew Henson.
Brady started every game in 98 and 99. and Henson backed up every single one of those games. Henson didnt start until 2000, when Brady was gone.

So what? colt's led many a drive with his arm only. Claussen has Stewart, Williams and Goodson and while not as productive as 08 and 09, does have a running game. Lets not pretend like hes playing with talent around him just to excuse his awful awful play. Hes got more than enough. Davidson 'leans on the run' more than Daboll does.

Rarely has he led drives on his arm alone. Colt has a very good line in front of him, something that Jimmy does not. Colt is only avg 16 completions a game and under 200 yards passing, not the numbers of a "many a drive" QB. And he's at 3TD's to 3 Int's, he's not having to do the work on that O. Also their D has been the biggest factor this year for the wins or close games. I like Colt but he is in a much better situation then Jimmy is currently.
Tom Brady's situation was incredibly unique. He got hurt in college and was replaced by an extremely productive Drew Henson.
Brady started every game in 98 and 99. and Henson backed up every single one of those games. Henson didnt start until 2000, when Brady was gone.
I guess I misunderstood that situation. Regardless, every time a quarterback gets picked after the first round, you can't just compare him to Tom Brady. The guy had intangibles that no one ever knew about. And btw, Brady's first season starting, he put an average offense on his back and took his team to the Superbowl. Clausen has anti-intangibles

Rarely has he led drives on his arm alone. Colt has a very good line in front of him, something that Jimmy does not. Colt is only avg 16 completions a game and under 200 yards passing, not the numbers of a "many a drive" QB. And he's at 3TD's to 3 Int's, he's not having to do the work on that O. Also their D has been the biggest factor this year for the wins or close games. I like Colt but he is in a much better situation then Jimmy is currently.

The lines are alot closer than you think. Losing Otah hurts but Claussen has a good center and Gross is a good LT. Thomas has had a bit of a down year and the RG and RT spots are shaky for the Brownies. In fact, McCoy has a higher sack percentage than Claussen. Also, Claussen has averaged around 27 pass atempts in the games that he has started, McCoy is at 25.4. so theyre the throwing the ball the same amount, lets not blame the run games. One makes plays, the other one doesnt, period.

Theres a reason why the Browns cant move the ball with Delhomme starting. They dont have a ton of talent. McCoy elevates everyone's game around him when he's in there. If the Browns were so much better and 'just leaning on Hillis', there shouldnt be a big drop off with a different QB, right??????

Theres only so many excuses one can make but if a QB sucks, he sucks.
[ Edited by jojomellon on Dec 15, 2010 at 4:33 PM ]

The lines are alot closer than you think. Losing Otah hurts but Claussen has a good center and Gross is a good LT. Thomas has had a bit of a down year and the RG and RT spots are shaky for the Brownies. In fact, McCoy has a higher sack percentage than Claussen. Also, Claussen has averaged around 27 pass atempts in the games that he has started, McCoy is at 25.4. so theyre the throwing the ball the same amount, lets not blame the run games. One makes plays, the other one doesnt, period. Theres a reason why the Browns cant move the ball with Delhomme starting. They dont have a ton of talent. McCoy elevates everyone's game around him when he's in there. Theres only so many excuses one can make but if a QB sucks, he sucks.

I agree that they are a much better team with Colt compared to Jake. But the fact is Hillis will grind out the extra yards and is a great dump off for Colt. You are correct in saying the right side is a bit unstable for the Browns but from LT to C they are very good. Also Colt has relied heavily on their TE's who have played very well this year. Carolina is just a bad team and I think Fox has checked out and doesn't give a s**t. Jimmy if given a good staff and cast can be a good QB but that team is doing him no favors. There is a big reason they only have 1 win and if Sing put Troy in it would be 0 wins. Expecting any QB especially a rookie to look good is a pipe dream.