There are 265 users in the forums

To You Jimmy Clausen Fans

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by communist:
yes, it is. the thing is that he is a 2nd-rounder...it's very seldom seen that a 1st-rounder can do sth right from start, now what do u expect from a 2nd-rounder.
Its not that seldom anymore, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco etc. Colt McCoy was a third round pick and is throwing to Massaqoui and Robiskie, not Steve Smith and has looked 10 times better than Claussen.

The whole team looks better which helps and the Cle O has leaned heavily on Hillis not Colt

So what? colt's led many a drive with his arm only. Claussen has Stewart, Williams and Goodson and while not as productive as 08 and 09, does have a running game. Lets not pretend like hes playing with talent around him just to excuse his awful awful play. Hes got more than enough. Davidson 'leans on the run' more than Daboll does.

Cleveland has rushed more times than Carolina has, and Carolina's rush attack is averaging less per attempt and less yards per game than last year. The OL has been terrible in Carolina this year whereas Cleveland's has played much better.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
yes, it is. the thing is that he is a 2nd-rounder...it's very seldom seen that a 1st-rounder can do sth right from start, now what do u expect from a 2nd-rounder.
Its not that seldom anymore, Bradford, Ryan, Flacco etc. Colt McCoy was a third round pick and is throwing to Massaqoui and Robiskie, not Steve Smith and has looked 10 times better than Claussen.

The whole team looks better which helps and the Cle O has leaned heavily on Hillis not Colt

So what? colt's led many a drive with his arm only. Claussen has Stewart, Williams and Goodson and while not as productive as 08 and 09, does have a running game. Lets not pretend like hes playing with talent around him just to excuse his awful awful play. Hes got more than enough. Davidson 'leans on the run' more than Daboll does.

Cleveland has rushed more times than Carolina has, and Carolina's rush attack is averaging less per attempt and less yards per game than last year. The OL has been terrible in Carolina this year whereas Cleveland's has played much better.

So Claussen has looked good? If i was facing the Panthers id put 9 guys in the box too if Jimmy Claussen is behind center so I wouldnt expect them to run effectively. They had no problems running last year with Matt Moore and an ineffective Delhomme behind center with pretty much the same cast (minus Jeff Otah, as I already said)
  • evil
  • Veteran

So Claussen has looked good? If i was facing the Panthers id put 9 guys in the box too if Jimmy Claussen is behind center so I wouldnt expect them to run effectively. They had no problems running last year with Matt Moore and an ineffective Delhomme behind center with pretty much the same cast (minus Jeff Otah, as I already said)

No Clausen hasn't looked good. He has improved but not by much, however it is still improvement on a team who is playing horrible. It is clear no one is buying whatever the coaches are selling. Clausen has been in a terrible situation all year, so has Moore who also struggled this year as well. Their problems however on the field start up front in the trenches where the execution has been very poor.

It is clear they need a new coaching staff. But one cannot write JC's career off at this point, there is still a lot of potential and upside to be tapped.

No Clausen hasn't looked good. He has improved but not by much, however it is still improvement on a team who is playing horrible. It is clear no one is buying whatever the coaches are selling. Clausen has been in a terrible situation all year, so has Moore who also struggled this year as well. Their problems however on the field start up front in the trenches where the execution has been very poor.

It is clear they need a new coaching staff. But one cannot write JC's career off at this point, there is still a lot of potential and upside to be tapped.

Clausen is clearly not ready, and I don't think anyone should've expected him to be. He was a guy I saw as needing 3 years of watching, two minimum, before he stepped foot on the field as a starter. But I agree it's not as if his career is over. He just needs someone to wait behind, and a far better cast to help him.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM ]
cleveland has a nice running game, even without a passing offense. and i dont get that mccoy hype...yes, he did some nice things but nothing special. he is just a better runner...
the rams have a very good defense, a pass protection and in steven jackson one of the best RBs in the league. and their running game does work for years...
ryan plays a good THIRD season, no question...and he played a nice rookie season either. but again, look at their corps.
and just one to the ravens...they have one of the best defenses and a very effective running game, too.

just a second...we are talking about the same cast, minus muhamad, and nothing works??? so, how can clausen be blamed for that?
[ Edited by communist on Dec 16, 2010 at 4:28 PM ]
FWIW ran into this while checking my twitter feed, maybe a different perspective?

Originally posted by DraftCountdown:
FYI: Mark Sanchez completed 53.8% and had a 63.0 QB rating as a rookie. Jimmy Clausen is at 51.3% with a 55.0 rating on a MUCH worse team.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
FWIW ran into this while checking my twitter feed, maybe a different perspective?

Originally posted by DraftCountdown:
FYI: Mark Sanchez completed 53.8% and had a 63.0 QB rating as a rookie. Jimmy Clausen is at 51.3% with a 55.0 rating on a MUCH worse team.

Interesting tidbit. Get ready for someone to chew your ass for simply adding a tidbit
cleveland has a nice running game, even without a passing offense. and i dont get that mccoy hype...yes, he did some nice things but nothing special. he is just a better runner...
the rams have a very good defense, a pass protection and in steven jackson one of the best RBs in the league. and their running game does work for years...
ryan plays a good THIRD season, no question...and he played a nice rookie season either. but again, look at their corps.
and just one to the ravens...they have one of the best defenses and a very effective running game, too.
Whats your point? A 'very nice running game' isnt going to make throws for a QB. The 49ers have a nice running game and its never made Alex look good. Colt still has to make the throws and he does, even though he has the worst WRs in the league.
Quote:

just a second...we are talking about the same cast, minus muhamad, and nothing works??? so, how can clausen be blamed for that?
Have you watched any Claussen games or do you just know his name because he went to ND and was drafted high? You basically answered your own question. The cast is the same and yet is now utterly ineffective, especially the run game. The only different part is Claussen. But no, Claussen is awesome, hes just on a bad team.....

Whats your point? A 'very nice running game' isnt going to make throws for a QB. The 49ers have a nice running game and its never made Alex look good. Colt still has to make the throws and he does, even though he has the worst WRs in the league.
alex has a working running game? where??? look at KC, look at the panthers last year...you wanna say that the running game didnt help delhomme/moore or cassel respectively? or the working pass protections?
Quote:
Have you watched any Claussen games or do you just know his name because he went to ND and was drafted high? You basically answered your own question. The cast is the same and yet is now utterly ineffective, especially the run game. The only different part is Claussen. But no, Claussen is awesome, hes just on a bad team.....
i watch a lot of panthers' games...the only different part is clausen? did clausen start from day one? moore played with the same cast at the end of last season and performed solid...he began as a starter this year and sucked.
now i have to ask you whether you watched any panthers' game...
[ Edited by communist on Dec 18, 2010 at 9:08 AM ]
I was just watching 'Playbook' on NFL Network, and they were discussing Jimmy Clausen. According to the analyst, Clausen is technically sound based on the tape and his arm is fine, but the question Carolina has to ask is "is he the guy"?

In order to answer that, they should look at how much tape he watches, when does he show up to the facility, what do his teammates think of him, etc.

It was the analyst's opinion that if Clausen IS watching a ton of tape and showing up early, Carolina should trade the pick away and load the team with talent...

But if he isn't the guy, what is his trade value? If they don't keep him because he isn't showing up, his trade value is a 3rd or 4th rounder.

I would trade a 4th rounder for him, definitely. Nothing wrong with his arm or mechanics, despite the comments of the Notre Dame haters on this board. You put a good QB coach with him -- Harbaugh, Holmgren, Gruden...and you get a TON of value.

If Gruden is coach, we'll want multiple QBs to evaluate...trade a 4th or 5th for Clausen, draft another in the 2nd, and keep Troy Smith.

That could be a recipe for success.

i made nearly the same suggestion several weeks ago...nobody likes clausen.

his problem is his attitude...
  • evil
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=141284&page=10
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Steve Smith is the man....."He ain't at Notre Dame no more." He still thinks he is God's gift and can't get it threw his head that he is the smallest fish in the pond right now.

Clausen is a no no. I would rather draft or a 5th or 6th round qb or take on an undrafted QB, bring in a vet and Nate Davis then waste a trade for Clausen.

[ Edited by sfout on Dec 23, 2010 at 23:34:53 ]
Clausen sucks.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=141284&page=10

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Clausen sucks.

his problem is his attitude...
Share 49ersWebzone