LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

To You Jimmy Clausen Fans

Does carolina keep Clausen, and we trade up to get Luck? (assuming we don't make the playoffs)
I've been rooting for Clausen, Skelton and Fitpatrick. Every time a team that passes on drafting a QB, a better QB potentially falls to us.

Unfortunately though, Clausen has been terrible. IMO, their OC is mainly to blame because they don't run many routes that are easy on the QB and with their shotty Oline, that's a recipe for disaster for a rookie QB. Compare that to the Rams who give Bradford atleast 1, if not 2, quick options. They've implimented a short passing attack, loaded with quick slants and crosses routes. Any QB is going to be effective in that type is scheme.

After the debacle in Pittsburgh, I have no doubt that Carolina will draft Luck, unless a team showers them with picks.
and they will still suck unless they fix their biggest problems...
It's too early to say this kid is going to be garbage. I didn't like him coming out of college but he still has a chance to improve. I notice it takes him to develop(He was s**tty his first year at ND). It all comes down to his attitude and work ethic....and thats why I wouldn't want him wearing a Niners uniform. Those are not good question marks.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
It's too early to say this kid is going to be garbage. I didn't like him coming out of college but he still has a chance to improve. I notice it takes him to develop(He was s**tty his first year at ND). It all comes down to his attitude and work ethic....and thats why I wouldn't want him wearing a Niners uniform. Those are not good question marks.
a good coach can fix these problems...vernon davis was a head case either...
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Scouts of WR needy teams passed on Desean Jackson twice as well. For guys like Donnie Avery and Devin Thomas. Your point is.....?

We won't know for a year or two.... until then it's water under the bridge.
Jackson wasn't a projected top ten pick. People weren't saying we should trade up into the top 5 to get him. He was also a very unique player and there were not many NFL comparisons to him, so no one knew if someone his size, with his style of play could succeed. Clausen, on the other hand, is a prototypical quarterback that is a 2nd round talent that just go waaaaaaaaaaaay too much hype.

Every quarterback in this draft is a second round talent, one team bought into Sam Bradford, no one bought into Jimmy Clausen. Clausen will be the better pro quarterback because he was lucky enough to fall into a good situation. Bradford's career is going to look like Alex Smith's career unless the Rams strike gold on a very high percentage of their picks because that team is terrible.

Lol
So about that Cam Newton....
Originally posted by Draftology:
So about that Cam Newton....

Share 49ersWebzone