There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

To You Jimmy Clausen Fans

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Scouts of WR needy teams passed on Desean Jackson twice as well. For guys like Donnie Avery and Devin Thomas. Your point is.....?

We won't know for a year or two.... until then it's water under the bridge.

exactly pretty lame example

Actually its probably the best example there is... 49ers' forums weren't clamoring for Tom Brady only to have the 49ers pass on them. It's the most recent example of a player that just about every fanbase thought was a high first round value with incredible value in the 2nd, yet got passed over by NFL scouts who thought they knew better for reach players that didn't pan out. Everyone used the same argument for the 49ers passing on Desean Jackson.... the truth is NFL scouts aren't any more intelligent than a good number of people on this messageboard, they just get access to more film and information regarding character/health concerns.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Every team except the Bears and the Panthers past on him at least once. The Panthers had to take him because they have no one at quarterback (Matt Moore is a no one). I know many of you will say 'you watch. he'll be the best quarterback in this draft.' Well the NFL scouts and GM's who get payed to evaluate players disagree with you. In fact, Clausen was the 3rd quarterback taken, behing TIM TEBOW, who had to completely change his throwing motion to even be considered a quarterback prospect. Many teams with quarterback needs, like the 49ers and the Seahawks, passed on him twice. Point is Clausen sucks and we all should be thankful he is not a 49er.

past => passed
payed => paid
behing => behind

Just because those teams didn't draft Clausen doesn't necessarily mean they think he sucks. It just means they had other players rated higher or their situation didn't call for drafting a QB that high. We want to put Alex in the best position to succeed and Seattle just made a substantial investment in a QB. Minnesota wants to win now, Denver/McDaniels is just crazy, and Cleveland just paid Delhomme a sizable contract.

And finally, just because he wasn't drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean he sucks. A fan of the team that drafted Joe Montana should know that much.
a lot of QBs, who were drafted in rounds 2-7, sucked in terms of franchise qb...romo/brees/brady/schaub are expections (I consider the last decade!!!).
clausen could be the next exception and please dont tell me anything about intangibles. look at rivers or mcnabb...former one is arrogant, donovan loves throwing his teammates under the bus, so what? both guys are one of the best QBs right now...
a lot of people claimed that clausen could fall until the 2nd round. I didnt believe it because at least two teams need a (future) franchise qb as fast as they can get one...the bills and the vikings. and if favre retires, the vikes got nothing dependable on that position. vikes could hit the playoffs without a franchise qb but I dont see them go deep there.
and the bills just showed why they sucked the last years and why the will suck at least another year...they passed on clausen twice. they will regret this...and they passed on a very good NT and on a LT...both positions with glaring holes.
Every team except the Bears and the Panthers past on him at least once. The Panthers had to take him because they have no one at quarterback (Matt Moore is a no one). I know many of you will say 'you watch. he'll be the best quarterback in this draft.' Well the NFL scouts and GM's who get payed to evaluate players disagree with you. In fact, Clausen was the 3rd quarterback taken, behing TIM TEBOW, who had to completely change his throwing motion to even be considered a quarterback prospect. Many teams with quarterback needs, like the 49ers and the Seahawks, passed on him twice. Point is Clausen sucks and we all should be thankful he is not a 49er.

lol not only did everyone pass on him, but when Carolina took him, they went and took Pike right after.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
f**k Jimmy Clausen!
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:

lol not only did everyone pass on him, but when Carolina took him, they went and took Pike right after

Right after ? Or with a comp pick in the 6th round, which likely means BPA on their draft board.

Teams seemingly were drafting for need, thus why Clausen fell. Buffalo drafted a QB in the 7th round, Oakland filled their need via trade. Doesn't mean a whole lot, and doesn't mean he won't be a successful QB in this league. As others have pointed out Tom Brady and Tom Brady were not 1st round picks and they both have had HOF careers. In hindsight I bet a lot of teams would have taken Aaron Rodgers could they do 2005 all over again. Players drop, it happens.

Joe Montana and Steve Young both had great things to say about Clausen, as did Jon Gruden who even said he would love to be able to coach JC.

FWIW Jason LaCanfora reported that we would have taken Clausen at 49.

So point is, passing over a player, even doing so more than once does not mean he sucks or that he will never be successful as a pro. In Clausen's case he is better off in Carolina than with any other team, he landed in the greatest situation he could have.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

lol not only did everyone pass on him, but when Carolina took him, they went and took Pike right after

Right after ? Or with a comp pick in the 6th round, which likely means BPA on their draft board.

Teams seemingly were drafting for need, thus why Clausen fell. Buffalo drafted a QB in the 7th round, Oakland filled their need via trade. Doesn't mean a whole lot, and doesn't mean he won't be a successful QB in this league. As others have pointed out Tom Brady and Tom Brady were not 1st round picks and they both have had HOF careers. In hindsight I bet a lot of teams would have taken Aaron Rodgers could they do 2005 all over again. Players drop, it happens.

Joe Montana and Steve Young both had great things to say about Clausen, as did Jon Gruden who even said he would love to be able to coach JC.

So point is, passing over a player, even doing so more than once does not mean he sucks or that he will never be successful as a pro. In Clausen's case he is better off in Carolina than with any other team, he landed in the greatest situation he could have.

And JLC had also been reporting we'd possibly take him with 13, then 17, and before the draft that we might trade up for him. 0/3=dude struck out.

La cantina was posting all kinds of wrong information throughout the draft i dont know how many times he would tweet that so and so was bout to be picked and when the pick came it it wasnt even close [/b]
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

La cantina was posting all kinds of wrong information throughout the draft i dont know how many times he would tweet that so and so was bout to be picked and when the pick came it it wasnt even close [/b]

There is nothing to suggest that he was wrong with that tidbit however, and nonethless the point of this post is likely to go over many heads here.
Originally posted by ghostrider:

past => passed
payed => paid
behing => behind

Just because those teams didn't draft Clausen doesn't necessarily mean they think he sucks. It just means they had other players rated higher or their situation didn't call for drafting a QB that high. We want to put Alex in the best position to succeed and Seattle just made a substantial investment in a QB. Minnesota wants to win now, Denver/McDaniels is just crazy, and Cleveland just paid Delhomme a sizable contract.

And finally, just because he wasn't drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean he sucks. A fan of the team that drafted Joe Montana should know that much.
I wrote that right when I woke up so that's the reason for the spelling mistakes. But are you serious with the 'sizeable contract' with Jake Delhomme?? It's a two year contract worth $7 million. That's comparable to David Carr's current contract. Holmgren is renowned as a quarterbacks guru, yet he passed on Clausen....TWICE. Yes, teams didn't pick Clausen because they had guys higher on their board. They had guys higher on their board because they all had guys that they thought were better than Clausen!! Yes, there have been guys drafted low that have worked out, but based on the ridiculous things people suggested in this forum about trading up for him because he is an elite talent, Clausen was overrated. It's not debatable that NFL scouts and GM's know more than we do and it seemed like they all agreed that Clausen was incredibly overrated. I'm not saying I'm a genius because I was wrong about a ton of guys (Sergio Kindle), but I have always hated Clausen and I thoroughly enjoyed watching slide down they draft boards, completely destroying his enormous ego. Maybe this will be a reality check for him.

I"M BEYOND THANKFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for this post! f**k his f****t ass! He will suck!

He will throw at least 3 picks when we play them & i will be the guy behind the niners bench with the clausen is a f****t sign!!!! go suck some cock jimmy!!!

No f**king way my friend!
Originally posted by communist:
a lot of QBs, who were drafted in rounds 2-7, sucked in terms of franchise qb...romo/brees/brady/schaub are expections (I consider the last decade!!!).
clausen could be the next exception and please dont tell me anything about intangibles. look at rivers or mcnabb...former one is arrogant, donovan loves throwing his teammates under the bus, so what? both guys are one of the best QBs right now...
a lot of people claimed that clausen could fall until the 2nd round. I didnt believe it because at least two teams need a (future) franchise qb as fast as they can get one...the bills and the vikings. and if favre retires, the vikes got nothing dependable on that position. vikes could hit the playoffs without a franchise qb but I dont see them go deep there.
and the bills just showed why they sucked the last years and why the will suck at least another year...they passed on clausen twice. they will regret this...and they passed on a very good NT and on a LT...both positions with glaring holes.
If intangibles isn't a problem shouldn't Clausen be a top 10 pick?? Are you saying you are smarter than 30 (Carolina and Chicago are the only 2 teams not to pass on him) NFL teams' GM's and scouts? Just curious...why do you think he fell? Do you know something everyone else doesn't?
Im still bitter about Aaron Rodgers, thats the only reason i wanted Clausen. People fall for different reasons, but goddamnit i would love Rodgers to be here instead of Alex.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Im still bitter about Aaron Rodgers, thats the only reason i wanted Clausen. People fall for different reasons, but goddamnit i would love Rodgers to be here instead of Alex.

i know & doesnt it hurt watching him do good lol!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home