LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

To You Jimmy Clausen Fans

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by jones49:
He seriously does look like a huge douchebag.

I thought that the first time I saw him play back in the California State HS Championship. He looked like such a cocky f**k and was rockin' a big white sweatband that made him look like a total queen. I hated him instantly. It was easy to root against him.

And can you believe some of the 49ers faithful wanted this fool in a niners jersey???
Originally posted by bigmike55:

I thought that the first time I saw him play back in the California State HS Championship. He looked like such a cocky f**k and was rockin' a big white sweatband that made him look like a total queen. I hated him instantly. It was easy to root against him.

And can you believe some of the 49ers faithful wanted this fool in a niners jersey???

• evil
  • Veteran

Yeah seriously, Nate Davis is the 2nd coming of Jesus so why look to upgrade the single most important position on a football team that has no long term answer ATM
Jimmy Clausen is an emu. It's a fact.

Originally posted by KRS-1:

Yeah seriously, Nate Davis is the 2nd coming of Jesus so why look to upgrade the single most important position on a football team that has no long term answer ATM

I'll take Nate Davis over Jimmy Douchebag Clausen anyday.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I'll take Nate Davis over Jimmy Douchebag Clausen anyday.

Well that might be the most logical statement I have ever heard.

Would Clausen be a upgrade over Smith? Would Clausen be a long term answer at QB?

Most of us would say no, but you obviously would say yes. Theres not much to argue about.

As for Nate Davis, he has many advantages over Clausen:
-no pressure from being drafted high, will have time to learn the position as a backup
-does not have a debilitating personality disorder (ie douchebaggery)
-was as successful, if not more successful, in college
-has as good of, if not better, tools

Its not a black and white argument. I'm not saying Nate Davis will be successful and Clausen won't be successful. But based on their situations, personalities, physical tools and past success, I would give Nate Davis higher odds of succeeding in the NFL.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nannite:
Would Clausen be a upgrade over Smith? Would Clausen be a long term answer at QB?

Most of us would say no, but you obviously would say yes. Theres not much to argue about.

Considering what Smith has done to date in the league, and that Clausen has yet to play a snap but has a ton of untapped potential and upside, the move should be welcomed by 49er fans. Again Smith has not proven to be the answer so a QB with 1st round potential that could come in and sit for the year and learn the system would be a good thing. If Smith falls this year then you are back to square 1, looking to the draft and there is no guarantee you will be in a position to get a QB 1st round potential.

-no pressure from being drafted high, will have time to learn the position as a backup

Its not a black and white argument. I'm not saying Nate Davis will be successful and Clausen won't be successful. But based on their situations, personalities, physical tools and past success, I would give Nate Davis higher odds of succeeding in the NFL.

He also has drawbacks....

-a 5th round developmental QB project, how often do those guys turn out to be franchise QB's ? Chances are he will be nothing more than a career backup at best, could be wrong but chances are not in Davis' favor.
-He has a learning disability, like it or not it is just another obstacle to overcome in developing said QB and likely means more time needed to develop him.
-Clausen's numbers from his junior season are far more impressive than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez to name a few, Davis is not even close to being in the same class.
- Phillip Rivers is a QB known for being cocky and brash like Clausen, so this attitude that so many love to hate is not necc. a bad thing. It's just something the Clausen haters love to try and use against him. I'd take Rivers and his attitude in a heartbeat on this team.

And no Nate Davis does not have higher odds of succeeding, if he did he would have been drafted higher, that's been cut and dry.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Considering what Smith has done to date in the league, and that Clausen has yet to play a snap but has a ton of untapped potential and upside, the move should be welcomed by 49er fans. Again Smith has not proven to be the answer so a QB with 1st round potential that could come in and sit for the year and learn the system would be a good thing. If Smith falls this year then you are back to square 1, looking to the draft and there is no guarantee you will be in a position to get a QB 1st round potential.

-a 5th round developmental QB project, how often do those guys turn out to be franchise QB's ? Chances are he will be nothing more than a career backup at best, could be wrong but chances are not in Davis' favor.
-He has a learning disability, like it or not it is just another obstacle to overcome in developing said QB and likely means more time needed to develop him.
-Clausen's numbers from his junior season are far more impressive than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez to name a few, Davis is not even close to being in the same class.
- Phillip Rivers is a QB known for being cocky and brash like Clausen, so this attitude that so many love to hate is not necc. a bad thing. It's just something the Clausen haters love to try and use against him. I'd take Rivers and his attitude in a heartbeat on this team.

And no Nate Davis does not have higher odds of succeeding, if he did he would have been drafted higher, that's been cut and dry.

I know you're a ND fan boy and all but did you actually watch Clausen throw the ball?

90% of his throws are made off his back foot if you do that in the NFL you will be picked 90% of the time

did you catch how the boys at NFL network broke down Jay Cutlers footwork yesterday? same deal most of his throws come off the back foot why he throws so many picks

it will be many years before if at all he learns the right way how longs Jay been at it and he still hasn't figured it out

You a Notre Dame fan? and I used to really respect all your posts til i found that out. I think my wolverines play y'all at night this year. But your points are 100% correct. Folks kill the Nate Davis hype it isn't happening. Clausen is clearly better college player and pro prospect.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I know you're a ND fan boy and all but did you actually watch Clausen throw the ball?

90% of his throws are made off his back foot if you do that in the NFL you will be picked 90% of the time

did you catch how the boys at NFL network broke down Jay Cutlers footwork yesterday? same deal most of his throws come off the back foot why he throws so many picks

it will be many years before if at all he learns the right way how longs Jay been at it and he still hasn't figured it out

And being a Michigan fan means your view will be skewed by your hatred for the Golden Domers

The back foot throws can be corrected, and 90% is a HUGE over exaggeration, especially if you look at his junior year. He did a much better job of stepping up and using better footwork though it still needs work.

Every QB coming out has some aspect of his game that will need to be refined, it's quite normal. If the backfoot issue was such a big deal Gruden would have spent more time working on that when they did the ESPN segment, just as the media would have made a bigger deal when breaking him down pre-draft.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
You a Notre Dame fan? and I used to really respect all your posts til i found that out. I think my wolverines play y'all at night this year. But your points are 100% correct. Folks kill the Nate Davis hype it isn't happening. Clausen is clearly better college player and pro prospect.

Them's fightin' words
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

And being a Michigan fan means your view will be skewed by your hatred for the Golden Domers

The back foot throws can be corrected, and 90% is a HUGE over exaggeration, especially if you look at his junior year. He did a much better job of stepping up and using better footwork though it still needs work.

Every QB coming out has some aspect of his game that will need to be refined, it's quite normal. If the backfoot issue was such a big deal Gruden would have spent more time working on that when they did the ESPN segment, just as the media would have made a bigger deal when breaking him down pre-draft.

If Clausen sits for a few years and learns the game and the correct way to play it then sure he's got a shot but don't make it sound like he would step into a team from day one and be a top QB

very first pass rolls out has all the daylight in the world to step up and throw and lets it fly off his back foot

even when he's got a good pocket he likes to dive out of his passes and use all arm that's not a good sign

IMO he needs a lot of work
  • evil
  • Veteran

If Clausen sits for a few years and learns the game and the correct way to play it then sure he's got a shot but don't make it sound like he would step into a team from day one and be a top QB

very first pass rolls out has all the daylight in the world to step up and throw and lets it fly off his back foot

even when he's got a good pocket he likes to dive out of his passes and use all arm that's not a good sign

I never said he could step in from day 1 and be a top QB nor do I think I implied that.

And on that pass while he could have stopped and planted and thrown it with proper technique/footwork, but the window to hit a wide open Tate would have not been a lot smaller/tighter to throw into, he threw it because his receiver is wide open with room to run after the catch and wanted to get the ball in his hands.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

I never said he could step in from day 1 and be a top QB nor do I think I implied that.

And on that pass while he could have stopped and planted and thrown it with proper technique/footwork, but the window to hit a wide open Tate would have not been a lot smaller/tighter to throw into, he threw it because his receiver is wide open with room to run after the catch and wanted to get the ball in his hands.

you said you would rather have Clausen than Smith right what sense does that make? how would that help the 9ers to have Clausen ridding the pine for the next 2-3 years?

and I wasn't just taking about the first pass although I found it funny you see it throughout the entire vid
Share 49ersWebzone