There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners contacted Clausen?

Originally posted by Draftology:
he is the last player id want in this draft

why?? have you seen him play? do you know anything about him other than the b.s. comments we've been hearing during the past 3 months??

claussen is a STUD!! i'm a sc fan and i hate giving credit to a damer but i have to on this one. he will be a top qb in the league in the next few years.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
can you say Brady Quinn. another big game choker from ND.

sorry man but you are another idiot who doesnt know who jimmy claussen is. he is a big choker?!?! he had 4 come from behind games this year!! also, his defense (throughout his college career) sucked!!!!!! the reason why the irish lost so many games is not because of the offense but b/c their defense sucked. i should know b/c i'm a sc fan.
Originally posted by montana2rice:

why?? have you seen him play? do you know anything about him other than the b.s. comments we've been hearing during the past 3 months??

claussen is a STUD!! i'm a sc fan and i hate giving credit to a damer but i have to on this one. he will be a top qb in the league in the next few years.

I've seen him play and my cousin goes to Notre Dame. There is a reason Notre Dame fans hate him and are glad to see him leave. He has no killer instinct, he doesn't put his team on his back to win games, he is not a leader, and before this season he was considered a major disappointment production wise. He is a one hit wonder with personality issues. I agree the physical tools are there but the physical tools were there for Ryan Leaf too.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

I've seen him play and my cousin goes to Notre Dame. There is a reason Notre Dame fans hate him and are glad to see him leave. He has no killer instinct, he doesn't put his team on his back to win games, he is not a leader, and before this season he was considered a major disappointment production wise. He is a one hit wonder with personality issues. I agree the physical tools are there but the physical tools were there for Ryan Leaf too.

As a ND fan, it's clear your cousin is feeding you terrible info. He carried the team for much of this season, was a leader and fans were sorry to see him go because we felt with a returning Clausen, Tate would have stayed and we would have had our trio for one more year and a chance to be a lot better under BK.

If you followed ND over the span of his career you would see the difference between each of his 3 years and how he improved over each and really came into his own this year.

As a grad student at ND, I can confirm that your cousin is full of sh*t. This campus loves Jimmy Clausen. I've been to almost every game of his for the past three seasons. Clausen has everything needed to become an elite passer in the NFL. Most of us were worried that all the sacks he accumulated over his first two seasons would cause him to wilt, or make him unable to trust his line and keep plays alive from within the pocket. However, he proved his toughness this past season. Not only did he mature into a good pocket passer but he also learned how to play through pain and will his team to victory. It also helps when you have elite talents like Tate and Floyd at your disposal.
  • bigfan
  • Info N/A

There is no facepalm pic that would acurately display my feelings towards your post. Clausen personally won several games for ND last year in the 4th quarter. Anyone who watched ND games last year knows this. You can even poll the Clausen haters on this board and they would tell you that he is a winner in the 4th quarter. If ND had a solid D, Clausen would have been in a BCS game last year.

I dont care if you want him on the team or not, but please make sure you know what you are talking about before you give your opinion as fact.
The Niners would be retarded not to bring him in for a look. You have to do your homework on the guy. I doubt we take him, but the QB position is way too important just to blow off potential prospects.

BTW I think it's pretty likely that he will be on the board when we pick. Buffalo is the only team that will consider him now, and don't be surprised if they pass on him thinking they can Tebow in the 2nd.
can you guys tell me who Clausens comeback wins were against this year?
the guy couldnt win in college no way he can in nfl
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The Niners would be retarded not to bring him in for a look. You have to do your homework on the guy. I doubt we take him, but the QB position is way too important just to blow off potential prospects.

BTW I think it's pretty likely that he will be on the board when we pick. Buffalo is the only team that will consider him now, and don't be surprised if they pass on him thinking they can Tebow in the 2nd.

This.

Originally posted by valrod33:

Washington, Boston College and versus Notre Dame rivals Purdue and Michigan State. Against Purdue he was pulled for part of the game due to his toe injury but came back to lead the Irish to victory.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Saying he couldn't win is simply untrue and an ignorant statement. His defense was 86th in the nation yet he still managed to lead them to 4 come from behind wins while playing with torn ligaments in his toe. Clausen did everything he could to help his team win but you can't blame a teams lack of wins on a QB whose defense is and was as porous as ND's was and who did their QB and offense no favors.

He made strides in each of his 3 years as he grew in Weis' pro style system but took a hell of a beating (over 100 sacks in 3 years). His junior year stats are as good if not better than some great NFL QB's (Peyton & Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford) did as juniors.

I can understand not wanting to take a QB in the 1st round however what he did last year at ND speaks volumes about the player he is, and the leader he is (he was voted a team captain by every one of his teammates).
  • bigfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

This.

Originally posted by valrod33:

Washington, Boston College and versus Notre Dame rivals Purdue and Michigan State. Against Purdue he was pulled for part of the game due to his toe injury but came back to lead the Irish to victory.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Saying he couldn't win is simply untrue and an ignorant statement. His defense was 86th in the nation yet he still managed to lead them to 4 come from behind wins while playing with torn ligaments in his toe. Clausen did everything he could to help his team win but you can't blame a teams lack of wins on a QB whose defense is and was as porous as ND's was and who did their QB and offense no favors.

He made strides in each of his 3 years as he grew in Weis' pro style system but took a hell of a beating (over 100 sacks in 3 years). His junior year stats are as good if not better than some great NFL QB's (Peyton & Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford) did as juniors.

I can understand not wanting to take a QB in the 1st round however what he did last year at ND speaks volumes about the player he is, and the leader he is (he was voted a team captain by every one of his teammates).

Originally posted by bigfan:

There is no facepalm pic that would acurately display my feelings towards your post. Clausen personally won several games for ND last year in the 4th quarter. Anyone who watched ND games last year knows this. You can even poll the Clausen haters on this board and they would tell you that he is a winner in the 4th quarter. If ND had a solid D, Clausen would have been in a BCS game last year.

I dont care if you want him on the team or not, but please make sure you know what you are talking about before you give your opinion as fact.
I've seen Clausen play in about 10 games and my cousin knows him and Golden Tate personally. On Clausen's deep balls, he chucks it up and puts waaaay too much air under it, he went to Notre Dame over USC because he didn't want to have to compete with Mark Sanchez, all Notre Dame fans obviously don't feel the way about him that you do because he got punched in the face at a bar, and in a poll by ESPN only 59% of the state of Indiana thinks he's better than Bradford. Shouldn't there be some home town bias. I was expecting around 88%. Bradford has had 2 major shoulder injuries, plays in the spread offense, has really only started for one year, and has had an elite line and receivers. So Bradford has a ton of questions yet he is the consensus best quarterback. The only analyst that puts Clausen ahead of him is Mel Kiper. If Clausen doesn't have character issues like you say, then how on Earth is he behind Bradford who has about as many questions about him as any #1 overall pick ever?
this would set this team back another 5 years.
nd isn't eddie debartolos nd
Originally posted by pelos21:
I'm a Clausen supporter so I'm ok with this.

same here
Aaron Rodgers, Sanchez, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, all of these guys are already so much better than Alex Smith. Even if Clausen has a CHANCE at being close to them i think he is worth the pick. When the f*ck is the webzone gonna get over the fact that we dont have a Qb, even if we did have a O line. How many times did Aaron Rodgers get sacked last year? He seemed to be doing alright.

The fact that drafting a Qb in the first round is such a stretch to a fanbase whose quarterbacks have been alex smith, trent dilfer, chris weinke, tim rattay, jesse palmer, jt Osullivan, and cody pickett, in the recent past is fkn beyond me.